Skip to main content

Celebrity Big Brother tipped for later this year

Katie Price is actually The Morning Show's UK correspondent, so they could putting her up for Dancing with the Stars. channel 7 wouldn't be impressed if she went on CBBAU for 9

The Blocks not doing to good in the ratings. Maybe they are realising the Big Brother format is actually valuable. In my opinion, everyones sick of renovation shows mostly in the youngest demographic. Renovation Rumble will inevitably flop, (hopefully). If I was channel 10, I would take this all into consideration, and consider putting it on 11. Basically talking out my ass here, however there are a lot of positives to look at for a return. Like seriously, its a money maker still at its shittest of ratings.

Last edited:
As against CBB as I am, I'll watch it just in hopes it leads to a return of a regular big brother season

Yeah, pretty much.

The Blocks not doing to good in the ratings. Maybe they are realising the Big Brother format is actually valuable. In my opinion, everyones sick of renovation shows mostly in the youngest demographic. Renovation Rumble will inevitably flop, (hopefully). If I was channel 10, I would take this all into consideration, and consider putting it on 11. Basically talking out my ass here, but there are a lot of positives to look at for a return. Like seriously, its a money maker still at its shittest of ratings.

Yeah, its a stretch but technically possible. The advantage BB has over other shows is that it is a unique format, well when done properly anyway. With channel 9 now apparently tapping into the cooking shows it means all reality is cooking, renovating or dating across all networks, there isn't really anything like BB. But maybe reality TV is dying a bit? Scripted drama is so good currently.

The Blocks not doing to good in the ratings. Maybe they are realising the Big Brother format is actually valuable. In my opinion, everyones sick of renovation shows mostly in the youngest demographic. Renovation Rumble will inevitably flop, (hopefully). If I was channel 10, I would take this all into consideration, and consider putting it on 11. Basically talking out my ass here, but there are a lot of positives to look at for a return. Like seriously, its a money maker still at its shittest of ratings.

The Blocks not doing to good in the ratings.

Thank goodness for that. What do people see in those shows I'll never understand.

And to think that Big Brother fans are frequently mocked by some idiots for being fans of vapid reality show, accused of having no life etc.. But really I can't think of anything that distinguishes them from the typical reno/cooking/etc... shows beside the fact they're unashamedly contrived and edited to fit a more 'family friendly' viewing experience (i.e. no sex talk, mature life experience stories/content etc..). *yuck yuck yuck* I hate cheesy contrived shit and those shows have that in spades, can't stand them.

Thank goodness for that. What do people see in those shows I'll never understand.

And to think that Big Brother fans are frequently mocked by some idiots for being fans of vapid reality show, accused of having no life etc.. But really I can't think of anything that distinguishes them from the typical reno/cooking/etc... shows beside the fact they're unashamedly contrived and edited to fit a more 'family friendly' viewing experience (i.e. no sex talk, mature life experience stories/content etc..). *yuck yuck yuck* I hate cheesy contrived shit and those shows have that in spades, can't stand them.

Yes that's a good point actually. It's meant to be some big dirty secret to watch Big Brother but you're allowed to openly discuss watching The Block and in fact it's even encouraged. The two are so bloody similar these days, why the stigma?

Yes that's a good point actually. It's meant to be some big dirty secret to watch Big Brother but you're allowed to openly discuss watching The Block and in fact it's even encouraged. The two are so bloody similar these days, why the stigma?
Yeah, that one has me stumped to this day. There's a lot of trash reality these days (celeb shows like the kartrashians, real housewives crap, the bachelor etc..) but none of them cop the vitriol BB has and does even now when it returned. I absolutely have no time for those sorts of show but you won't see me abusing the respective fans. I don't see what the point is as it has no impact on me whatsoever what people choose to watch.

Don't know for some reason people got a kick out pouring vitriol on fans of BB and that sentiment still lingers whenever BB resurfaces.

Interesting 'Media Watch' interview with the Ginge a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s4211467.htm

Whilst listening to him, it struck me that the one thing FTA TV has that the big competitors like Netflix, Stan etc DON'T have is 'Live TV'. He even comes pretty close to all but saying it.

Hey, Ginge, when done right, BigBrother actually IS a LIVE TV EVENT, unlike every other reality TV show, you numbskull ! :rolleyes: :bang:

It can be difficult to change perception.

If Channel Nine's series has changed any perception it's that it never lived up to the Channel Ten series and got too Play School.

I wish they had met somewhere in the middle where parents would feel comfortable for kids to watch but then some mature content (not smutty which they were so worried about) for older fans? like series 1-3 worked well with kids and families and it still managed to treat older viewers with respect.

They just went too far the other way. The dedicated 18 and over fans (and the even older group of fans) who grew up with the show were discarded and the producers decided to appeal to primary school kids who are fickle.

I've said these things too many times haven't I? :p

I can't change anything.

I called Channel Nine Publicity 0299652727
much to my surprise
I asked if big brother was coming back (I knew she wouldn't say)
I told her I have sources Within channel nine that have told me that it is and I was wondering if you could shed some light and then she went to ask

who i was
where i was
who my sources

I told her that they are irrelevant to why I'm calling she said she cant comment and that channel nine haven't made a decision as of yet and she said why am I calling and then went back to the questions (mind you she sounded very nervous like she couldn't say things)
then she said she has to go I tried to speak but she hung up.

I called Channel Nine Publicity 0299652727
much to my surprise
I asked if big brother was coming back (I knew she wouldn't say)
I told her I have sources Within channel nine that have told me that it is and I was wondering if you could shed some light and then she went to ask

who i was
where i was
who my sources

I told her that they are irrelevant to why I'm calling she said she cant comment and that channel nine haven't made a decision as of yet and she said why am I calling and then went back to the questions (mind you she sounded very nervous like she couldn't say things)
then she said she has to go I tried to speak but she hung up.

I really believe this.

Back