Skip to main content

Celebrity Big Brother tipped for later this year

David Knox: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/04/report-nine-casting-celebrity-big-brother.html

Nine may not be bringing back Big Brother this year but that doesn’t mean it’s done with the format just yet.
UK newspaper The Sun reports model and ex Mrs. Peter Andre, Katie Price, has been pursued for Celebrity Big Brother.
A source told the newspaper, “Katie Price has a huge Aussie following and would be a big coup for the network.
“Appearing in the series would help increase her profile further, but any deal has to be on her terms.”
Price, who recently won Celebrity Big Brother UK, also recently told The Morning Show, “I’ve got something big coming up in Australia, so I’m going to be in Australia for, I think, around three months.
”I have a big job happening. I have a project over there and so I can’t wait to come over for three or four months.”
Whether the two projects are the same isn’t clear.
The newspaper suggests Nine were also hoping to persuade her Big Brother rival Katie Hopkins to participate, but Hopkins reportedly wasn’t interested.
Nine is yet to declare its position on Big Brother for 2015 but interest in I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out! of Here! may have motivated them to give the format one more roll of the dice.
Celebrity Big Brother last aired in Australia in 2002.

I love Katie Price. She's the reason I started watching I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here (UK). Hope it's true.

anigif_enhanced-15920-1405411321-8.gif

it's time to pull the plug on the life support and let BB die while it still has SOME grace left. THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO LEGALIZE EUTHANASIA.

seriously though, you always think "last season was so bad the next one can't possibly any worse" don't you, DON'T YOU? well don't.

donotwant.jpg

The first one was simply aaaaaaaaaawwful. The main reason why I'm fan of BB is to see the interactions of individuals cooped up in a house (out of their own choosing) where they initially present they're best social 'mask'/version of themselves forward but eventually as the days go by the facade begins to crack and their true selves warts and all is revealed.

These 'celebs' are way too concerned about their public 'brand'/persona to ever let their guard down and let everybody see their true selves. Thanks but not thanks I don't care for any reality tv series that involves 'celebs' of any kind.

The Sunday Telegraph has jumped aboard the Celebrity Big Brother AU speculation train, printing it in today's edition:

Sunday Telegraph (April 5) said:
Oh Brother, Jordan's back!

RUMOURS abound Channel 9 is about to bring back Celebrity Big Brother -- and Jordan, aka Katie Price, is tipped to be in it.

The UK's Sun newspaper reported Price has apparently signed on to be part of the show.

Price also hinted last week on The Morning Show that she will be coming to Australia for an extended trip for a mystery TV project.Like I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!, Celebrity Big Brother is massive in Britain and is much more popular than the original version of the long-running show. If Celebrity Big Brother does happen, it will screen on Nine in the second half of the year, no doubt on the back of the runaway success of Ten's I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! The latter is also tipped for a second season.

DOMJEN, BRIANA

Credit: SYDNEY CONFIDENTIAL WITH BRIANA DOMJEN, ANNETTE SHARP, JONATHON MORAN & ROS REINES

CByRg5zUgAAi9NY.jpg

Photograph via bbau247 on Twitter

Last edited:
The Sunday Telegraph has jumped aboard the Celebrity Big Brother AU speculation train, printing it in today's edition:

CByRg5zUgAAi9NY.jpg

Photograph via bbau247 on Twitter
If this really does happen and she's not coming for dwts, I really hope they put in a few everyday people too........at least one........and they have to try and convince the others that they're famous or else they get booted out. Guess that is wishful thinking considering there are obviously no auditions this year, but it would be funny.

She wouldn't need 3-4 months in AU for a CBB. This is all pointless speculation from a Brit tabloid.

Could she be doing I'm A Celeb for TEN, rather than CBBAU or DWTS ?

It seems odd that 7 are interviewing her if she's going to be on a rival network.

my 2c

I can exclusively reveal that through the popularity of IM A CELEB GET ME OUT OF HERE. Channel 9 are now looking into a Celeb Big Brother later this year.
I am completely unsurprised. I think most of us pretty much predicted that Channel 9 would be desperate enough to throw this out the mere moment that I'm A Celebrity became even remotely popular.

Could she be doing I'm A Celeb for TEN, rather than CBBAU or DWTS ?

It seems odd that 7 are interviewing her if she's going to be on a rival network.

Totally agree, but the thought occurred to me she could be doing Celeb UK not AU. But would they shoot that in winter?

Totally agree, but the thought occurred to me she could be doing Celeb UK not AU. But would they shoot that in winter?
they wouldn't make two seasons in a year, well not this one anyway. I'd guess later in the year if they were deciding too but not in june no way

The Courier Mail has now run a story on this, who's next? ;),

One interesting addition to their version of this CBB rumour is adding in Queensland as the location of Katie's visit, rather than leaving it at Australia generally (as in prior articles).

The Courier Mail said:
PRICE MAY BE RIGHT FOR BIG BROTHER

WILL Katie Price be visiting her inlaws when she makes a rumoured visit to Queensland this year? Apparently the glamour model will head Down Under to star in the new season of Big Brother. The busty model, who won Celebrity Big Brother in the UK, has...

There's more to this article but only with a paid subscription (or access to a hardcopy edition)

EDIT: Full articles:
The Courier Mail (April 7) said:
PRICE May Be Right For Big Brother

WILL Katie Price be visiting her in-laws when she makes a rumoured visit to Queensland this year?

Apparently the glamour model will head Down Under to star in the new season of Big Brother.

The busty model, who won Celebrity Big Brother in the UK, has reportedly been in talks with Channel 9 to star on the show.

Price had previously hinted she had a project in the works, telling Channel 7's The Morning Show that she had "something big coming up in Australia" that would see her here for "around three months".

It would not be the first time she had headed here for a reality gig. While starring on the UK version of I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!, filmed on the Gold Coast, she met her future husband Peter Andre.

Andre's family are still based in Queensland, so a reunion with her ex's relations is on the cards.Price wouldn't be the first celeb to do Big Brother. Pamela Anderson entered the house as a guest in 2008.

The Courier Mail (April 5) said:
Celebrities knocking on door of 'revived' BIG BROTHER house

IS CHANNEL 9 about to bring back Celebrity Big Brother?

It is looking likely, after UK newspaper The Sun reported Katie Price (pictured), also known as model Jordan, has apparently signed on to be part of the show.

Price did hint last week on The Morning Show that she would be coming to Australia for an extended trip for a mystery TV project.

Like I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, Celebrity Big Brother is massive in the UK.

It is much more popular than the original version of the long-running show. If Celebrity Big Brother does happen, it will screen on Nine in the second half of the year.

As for the Australian version of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, it is understood a decision has not been made on whether the show will have a second series on Channel 10, but it is highly likely.Talent agents have been calling Ten to try to get their clients on series two. They are probably making the same calls to Nine.

Last edited:
The Courier Mail has now run a story on this, who's next? ;),

One interesting addition to their version of this CBB rumour is adding in Queensland as the location of Katie's visit, rather than leaving it at Australia generally (as in prior articles).

There's more to this article but only with a paid subscription (or access to a hardcopy edition)
What's the link?

I doubt that this whole Katie Price thing will turn into anything, having said that this thread is going to be a pretty good case study of a rumour that a newspaper started and how it spread.

Back