Skip to main content

Celebrity Big Brother tipped for later this year

on the daily mail article it says:
A Channel Nine spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia shortly after: 'We've got nothing to do with Katie Price.'

Tabloid standard isn't it - run a whole story and then end it with a quote denying everything you've just read.

Who knows if there is any truth in this but it's the first BB Aus news we've really seen since the end of the last series, and though the writing looks to be on the wall I do think The Block not being the powerhouse it usually is would definately be working in the shows favour. As someone said earlier in the thread too I wouldn't put it past Nine just to use Celeb BB as a tactic to hold off anyone else grabbing the BB rights for another year. I don't think they particularly care at the moment what they churn out and sadly it'll be commissioned purely on the basis of whether it makes them any money rather than for creative reasons. If they think they can run a short 4-6 weeks series at the end of the year without making a loss they'll probably greenlight it.

Tabloid standard isn't it - run a whole story and then end it with a quote denying everything you've just read.

Who knows if there is any truth in this but it's the first BB Aus news we've really seen since the end of the last series, and though the writing looks to be on the wall I do think The Block not being the powerhouse it usually is would definately be working in the shows favour. As someone said earlier in the thread too I wouldn't put it past Nine just to use Celeb BB as a tactic to hold off anyone else grabbing the BB rights for another year. I don't think they particularly care at the moment what they churn out and sadly it'll be commissioned purely on the basis of whether it makes them any money rather than for creative reasons. If they think they can run a short 4-6 weeks series at the end of the year without making a loss they'll probably greenlight it.
Nine have the 2015 rights, if they don't show it they will no longer be offered the rights after 2015.

Wasn't there a rumor that Channel 10 was looking at reviving BB with a Celebrity Hijack edition in 2010? Also considering the rumor isn't even coming from an Australian paper is highly suspect... Sounds like wishful thinking...

I have a feeling Katie's coming for dancing with the stars. It's rumoured to be starting early July. She has just recently become a correspondent for the morning show on channel 7 (presumably to boost her profile prior to dwts airing), and she also follows dancing with the stars Australia on her instagram......

I have a feeling Katie's coming for dancing with the stars. It's rumoured to be starting early July. She has just recently become a correspondent for the morning show on channel 7 (presumably to boost her profile prior to dwts airing), and she also follows dancing with the stars Australia on her instagram......
Does that series go for 3 months? Haha idk because it's such a lame show, I never watch.

Makes sense

They paid for the 2015 rights to keep it away from 7, and to possibly show it.

I don't think Seven would ever be interested in BB. Certainly not these days anyway.

I could only see maybe Ten giving it a go if they thought there was any potential left.

Nine have the 2015 rights, if they don't show it they will no longer be offered the rights after 2015.
And chances are if they screen just a 3-4 weeks series they hold off any other broadcaster from getting the rights for another year.

Back