Skip to main content

Celebrity BBUK 2024: Launches 4 March

I think I'm bailing on this series. I sat there watching the eviction and in the middle of the highlights, I realised I legitimately do not care about any of these people, what they have to say or what happens to them while in the house. Which is a pretty big thing for me to come to, usually when I start something I will stick it out to the end even if its something I'm not really vibing with.

I have only downloaded the launch so far and haven't even watched it, and the vibe I'm getting is not to bother. Correct?

I'm liking it.

That apology though 🙄 nothing was banter at all. They were being bitchy. Even when Lauren apologized originally it was "sorry but I was emotional that's why I done it" ugh I hate sorry but.

And Zeze the word police over the word hate. She thinks it's a strong word so nobody should use it.

The eviction episode got me back into it. The housemates have got to the stage where they start fighting (usually takes 3-4 days on celebrity series). The apology had me giggling.

I think I'm bailing on this series. I sat there watching the eviction and in the middle of the highlights, I realised I legitimately do not care about any of these people, what they have to say or what happens to them while in the house. Which is a pretty big thing for me to come to, usually when I start something I will stick it out to the end even if its something I'm not really vibing with.
You lasted a few episodes longer than me then. After the launch I just felt like there was nothing we were going to learn about these people we didn't know each other. I've no interest in finding out if a Real Housewife gets on with an Ibiza Weekender.

The apology was brilliant but the punishment was pathetic. Didn’t Yinrun sit in jail for upwards of 4 hours? They got an hour and wrote the most pathetic apology letter? Step it up BB.

Petition for Louis Walsh and Sharon Osbourne to start a podcast after Big Brother
Guaranteed to be career suicide for both of them. Sharon is already “banned” from working in the states and seems to be completely oblivious as to why.

I don't like Louis.
Was never really a fan to begin with. Found him thanking Bradley for his very heartfelt story in the questions task to be quite disingenuous considering how self hating he is about his own sexuality.

I think that the show is stuck. Everybody wants to see the defining moment of the series. The Vanessa Feltz or Les Dennis breakdown, the John vs Jackie feud, the Chantelle style twist, the David's Dead misunderstanding or the George Galloway moment where a celebrity is humiliated by a task.

But we aren't getting any of that. We've had a couple of funny moments, and a few interesting conversations, but each episode is just a series of chats and moments that don't correlate to a through-plot. Even with the much shorter runs, and without endless twists and interference, CBB is at its best when there's an organic journey that the cast are going on together, but everything feels very disconnected this series. Sharon is never going to crack because she is doing the show on her terms, and getting whatever special treatment she requires to enjoy a comfortable stay.

It's very I'm a Celebrity, which just about works in the jungle because you still have Ant & Dec every night steering the ship, and you have the bulk of an episode being taken up by a challenge.

I would imagine that ITV are working hard to make sure that this series escapes controversy-free, and that no celebrity comes out having a terrible time, putting the kibosh on any decent names signing up in the future. But that's coming at the expense of anything of note actually happening in the house. The only thing worth reporting on is things that Sharon and Louis are saying... but these are things that happened in the past, and don't do anything to change the dynamic in the house.

I loved BB20 last year, and it works well on ITV2, but this has proven my point that the world doesn't need Celebrity Big Brother right now.

Biggest issue with CBB is that it really took on a life of its own during the Channel 5 era and it doesn’t look like at the moment that it can recover from it. It’s been said a thousand times now but if we need “more” of anything right now it’s the civilian series. Unlike IACGMOOH which has the trials to fall back on there just aren’t enough threads in this new era that CBB can pick up and expand upon which is why this series is feeling rather uninspired. As for ITV trying to avoid controversy I can’t help but feel that’s what this new era is lacking, along with creativity. I can’t believe at this point that I’m saying this but we definitely need a refresh of the creative team. ITV have shown there’s potential but the show is without a doubt making far more missteps than they are hitting home runs.

Last edited:
My engagement with the season is wavering. There have been some fun moments but the pacing feels off. CBB has always been a much more rapid show but the ITV iteration also has tasks every way, leaving little breathing room for things to just happen.

Plus not enough conflict in the house yet. And the huge emphasis on Sharon has been a bit whelming. Let's face it, she didn't do a whole lot.

Back