Skip to main content

Big Brother's best/worst cast season

2007 fucked up with the early eviction of too many interesting personalities. bodie should've never gone so early in that double eviction when his evict vote was so low, and they should never have let hayley go instead of andrew. of all the times producers could've meddled, i don't know how they dropped the ball so egregiously on those two

ITA, losing both TJ and Bodie in Eviction #2, and then Emma and Rebecca at around halfway (Day 50?) left some large spaces IMO. Zach and Michelle's introduction directly following that brought some pizzazz back but the only time they really meddled was the 'Boys only' noms week when it was clear it was becoming a sausage fest with like 7 or 8 HM's left at that point (and I think we got rid of both Andrew and Thomas in a double eviction off the back of that or the week after IIRC? there was like 5 of the boys up?).

2003 was a very modest cast, the personalities still hold up really well to this day and every single casting choice made sense in the bigger picture. It was also really good to have the staggered entrance + Carmel breaking down every cast member and their motive behind picking them for the house. #Belinda4AllStars

Can we take a moment to remember Thomas

thomas0.bmp

Seeing as diversity is a hot topic these days, how do the seasons stack up on age/sex/POC/sexuality/etc? I know the average age got younger and younger through the 10 era, with an uptick in S8 only because Terri and Terry were like 70yos. Has anyone dissected this?

ITA, losing both TJ and Bodie in Eviction #2, and then Emma and Rebecca at around halfway (Day 50?) left some large spaces IMO. Zach and Michelle's introduction directly following that brought some pizzazz back but the only time they really meddled was the 'Boys only' noms week when it was clear it was becoming a sausage fest with like 7 or 8 HM's left at that point (and I think we got rid of both Andrew and Thomas in a double eviction off the back of that or the week after IIRC? there was like 5 of the boys up?).
Yes, losing TJ and Bodie was a real blow to the season but much prefer the days when producers let that happen even though it damaged the show rather than did everything possible to manipulate the outcome to save certain housemates. That said double evictions early on never really make any sense.

He and Susannah both had profiles here and used to chat to us. Those were the days.

yeah, didn’t one of them tell us tj gave bodie a blow job, and then told her he didn’t want a serious relationship, and that’s why she was so dramatic and upset on the show lol

@ mods, this is why this site needs to get its archives up!

Last edited:
yeah, didn’t one of them tell us tj gave bodie a blow job, and then more or less told her he didn’t want a serious relationship, and that’s why she was so dramatic and upset on the show lol
Yeah. When you watch the episodes back, you can practically pinpoint the night it happened too. The narration even subtly alludes to this with Mike saying something along the lines of: “TJ and Bodie wake up after sleeping top-to-tail in the same bed last night.” Don’t forget this was a post-Uncut era, so I’m sure they were cheekily trying to tell us indirectly.

TJ basically revealed it at her eviction show anyway.

Yeah. When you watch the episodes back, you can practically pinpoint the night it happened too. The narration even subtly alludes to this with Mike saying something along the lines of: “TJ and Bodie wake up after sleeping top-to-tail in the same bed last night.” Don’t forget this was a post-Uncut era, so I’m sure they were cheekily trying to tell us indirectly.

TJ basically revealed it at her eviction show anyway.
What did she say at her eviction show?

Been watching 2013 a bit on youtube. I only saw bits of it at the time.
Im not sure if this is common knowledge after the fact or even true but i am 100% convinced that intruder Justynn was a bona fide actor.
Has this ever been confirmed or denied? Having watched him for the first time I am beyond convinced. Can anyone shed any light on this?

@Fuzz he was recruited and never auditioned. After his brief stay he did not get invited to the finale. There was a lot of speculation about what happened as I recall.

@Fuzz he was recruited and never auditioned. After his brief stay he did not get invited to the finale. There was a lot of speculation about what happened as I recall.
Yeah I watched it fresh with no prior knowledge at all. But it was obvious to me from the first few seconds. His diction. His movement. The exaggerrated interactions. And that was even before he began (groan) "stirring the pot"
I literally cringed and thought out loud "would anybody really have bought this at the time?"
So. I ask. Did they? Was that the feeling of most viewers upon his immediate entry?
Cos it stank to high heaven it was that bad to me.

IIRC there was a blackout of info/live updates about what was happening in the house for a couple hours and Everyone was speculating wild that Justyyn had been violent or something necessitating his removal from the house?

IIRC there was a blackout of info/live updates about what was happening in the house for a couple hours and Everyone was speculating wild that Justyyn had been violent or something necessitating his removal from the house?
Yeah that was the theory, which Nine denied. Sonia said he wasn't invited to the finale because he "wasn't a housemate".

In order:

• 2012 - God I love the casting of this season, I guess because they were fresh and it was the first time we saw BB in 4 years (though it felt like a lifetime)

• 2006 - David, Camilla, Krystal, Michael, Perry, Claire....all created interesting dynamics in the house
  • 2014 - Priya, David, Clawson, Skye, Lisa, Travis, 'nuff said

• 2008 - A nasty, quarrelling bunch and that's what made this season very watchable
  • 2007 - A tame and nicer bunch, so unlike the 2008 ones, and them being more mature also made the season have a good cast

• 2013 - Never understood the Tim fascination. Ben was annoying. Heidi, Xavier, Rohan, Matt, Ed, Jasmine, Mikkayla, Sharon, the sisters, blah blah, most were forgettable and boring housemates. Only Tully and Tahan made it worthwhile.

I haven't seen 2001-05. Also didn't watch 2020-21 seasons.

I really can't think of a more unwatchable bunch of housemates than one which contained Benjamin, Michael, Stacey and Bradley, plus Surly the talking fish.
Does that make it the worst cast though, or just the least likeable?
I was going to say this, but then I realised I already had.

Back