Skip to main content

Big Brother's best/worst cast season

I think the 2005 cast stands out more than 2006: Vesna, Glenn, Hotdogs, Michelle, Kristy, Logans, the oddball that was Racheal, Tim, Rita, Dean.

yeah, tim and vesna alone are more value than the twenty housemates of 2006 combined

2007 fucked up with the early eviction of too many interesting personalities. bodie should've never gone so early in that double eviction when his evict vote was so low, and they should never have let hayley go instead of andrew. of all the times producers could've meddled, i don't know how they dropped the ball so egregiously on those two

I’m fascinated that nobody has mentioned 2002. There was certainly one or two HMs and a handful of moments here that live on in BBAU zeitgeist, but I have always felt this season had the least appealing and most forgettable overall cast tbh.

When looking at the 12 seasons retrospectively, in my opinion I wouldn’t say a single ensemble cast (maybe except 2002) has been “bland”. While casting choices were questionable in some years, particularly during the mid portion of Ten’s era, I wouldn’t say they weren’t memorable. I can understand the idea that some casts “blend in” with each other because the age range was very similar for a while, but in my opinion I’d argue they all stand up individually on their own too.

2004 is my personal favourite. Ashalea, Bree, Fitzy, Trevor even Paul, Merlin and Terri were fun characters and some my favourite housemates of all time. Aphrodite, Igor and Krystal Ince are all really fun early boots as well.

I’m fascinated that nobody has mentioned 2002. There was certainly one or two HMs and a handful of moments here that live on in BBAU zeitgeist, but I have always felt this season had the least appealing and most forgettable overall cast tbh.

When looking at the 12 seasons retrospectively, in my opinion I wouldn’t say a single ensemble cast (maybe except 2002) has been “bland”. While casting choices were questionable in some years, particularly during the mid portion of Ten’s era, I wouldn’t say they weren’t memorable. I can understand the idea that some casts “blend in” with each other because the age range was very similar for a while, but in my opinion I’d argue they all stand up individually on their own too.

I was too young to watch 2002 at the time, I've always heard great amazing things about it. I assume it may have been different live viewing it. But upon watching it almost a decade later, and then again a second time almost 20 years after it first aired, it looks like its aged horribly and both times I watched it I really struggled to get past each episode.

I’m almost finished another rewatch of 2007 and I genuinely think it has one of the better casts from the entire series.

A lot of huge characters dominated the season but there’s a really great balance and combination of different personalities in the house from start to end. Every single HM served a purpose and the dynamics were always changing. I believe it was a very strong cast.

The 2006 Big Brother season would have been the worst for me. Jamie Brooksby was the winner that year, and all he did was walk around the house with no shirt on.

2006 felt like it had 30 housemates. That season's casting was still much better than majority of the other seasons tbh.

I’m almost finished another rewatch of 2007 and I genuinely think it has one of the better casts from the entire series.

A lot of huge characters dominated the season but there’s a really great balance and combination of different personalities in the house from start to end. Every single HM served a purpose and the dynamics were always changing. I believe it was a very strong cast.

the male casting in 2007 could’ve been better - there were a lot of lulls in the second half of the season after emma left when the boys were all just sitting around and getting along with each other.

emma made that season tbh, i just found her so fascinating and so unlike every other hot model type that walked in. her competence and her leadership skills and the way everyone instinctively fell in behind her to follow her lead when almost no one liked her is a behavioural psychology dissertation in itself (in fact, it's kind of funny in retrospect to see jamie and rebecca complain about being outsiders and being excluded by emma when they were both statistically far more liked than she was). it’s not something i could imagine gianna 05 or anna/krystal 06 doing even though they fulfilled the same archetype

2007 had some great casting, but it was full of missed opportunities. not having michelle and emma in the house at the same time is just producorial misconduct. letting bodie go so early in the game when his evict vote was so low was a mistake. allowing hayley, a hugely emotional, melodramatic control freak to go instead of making her live with her ex-boyfriend for months on end while he was falling for someone else was a mistake. the 2020 white room business even makes me remember how they whiffed that back in 2007 - why on earth would they make the housemates vote in who they wanted to live with? wouldn't it be far better tv if they had let kara, by far the most annoying white room housemate, in the house to drive them all crazy?

Last edited:
2006 is my favourite season and I do not agree at all that it is even close to the worst cast. 2002 and 2014 for me would be on the "worst" end, even 2012.

I can understand some housemates were under the radar pot plants in 2006 like Gaelan but it also had big, fantastic characters such as Camilla, Michael, David, Anna, Dino, Krystal, Rob. Even early evictees like Tilli and Karen made an impact and the intruders that season all added something e.g. Jade, Perry, Darren, Max. Awesome season imo and the coolest house. I think one thing that did hurt the series was the consecutive evictions on days 29, 36 and 43 of Anna, Michael and Dino. I think if those three had lasted 70+ days that season would have been much more entertaining and those three would have much higher status as 10 era housemates.

the male casting in 2007 could’ve been better - there were a lot of lulls in the second half of the season after emma left when the boys were all just sitting around and getting along with each other.

emma made that season tbh, i just found her so fascinating and so unlike every other hot model type that walked in. her competence and her leadership skills and the way everyone instinctively fell in behind her to follow her lead when almost no one liked her is a behavioural psychology dissertation in itself (in fact, it's kind of funny in retrospect to see jamie and rebecca complain about being outsiders and being excluded by emma when they were both statistically far more liked than she was). it’s not something i could imagine gianna 05 or anna/krystal 06 doing even though they fulfilled the same archetype

2007 had some great casting, but it was full of missed opportunities. not having michelle and emma in the house at the same time is just producorial misconduct. letting bodie go so early in the game when his evict vote was so low was a mistake. allowing hayley, a hugely emotional, melodramatic control freak to go instead of making her live with her ex-boyfriend for months on end while he was falling for someone else was a mistake. the 2020 white room business even makes me remember how they whiffed that back in 2007 - why on earth would they make the housemates vote in who they wanted to live with? wouldn't it be far better tv if they had let kara, by far the most annoying white room housemate, in the house to drive them all crazy?
Agreed Kara should’ve gone in the house. Huge missed opportunity. She had the potential to be an iconic bb housemate

I think perry from 06 is a very underrated housemate. I don’t think she really fit in with her years cast, and had she been put in from the beginning and maybe in a diff season, I think she could’ve been a very iconic housmate.

2006 is my favourite season and I do not agree at all that it is even close to the worst cast. 2002 and 2014 for me would be on the "worst" end, even 2012.

I can understand some housemates were under the radar pot plants in 2006 like Gaelan but it also had big, fantastic characters such as Camilla, Michael, David, Anna, Dino, Krystal, Rob. Even early evictees like Tilli and Karen made an impact and the intruders that season all added something e.g. Jade, Perry, Darren, Max. Awesome season imo and the coolest house. I think one thing that did hurt the series was the consecutive evictions on days 29, 36 and 43 of Anna, Michael and Dino. I think if those three had lasted 70+ days that season would have been much more entertaining and those three would have much higher status as 10 era housemates.

dino was such a misogynist and left such a bad taste in my mouth. michael and darren too made me so uncomfortable to watch - anyone remember when camilla decided she didn’t want to sleep in the same bed as darren anymore and he got super aggressive with her? there was a lot of male chauvinism in that season that was kind of ick

i also have to vehemently disagree on krystal being a great character??? she didn’t do anything except look hot

I think perry from 06 is a very underrated housemate. I don’t think she really fit in with her years cast, and had she been put in from the beginning and maybe in a diff season, I think she could’ve been a very iconic housmate.
I feel she would have been suited for season 3. Would have gotten along well with Reggie and Chrissie and the other housemates.

Back