Skip to main content

Big Brother VIP set to launch in 2021 featuring some of Australia’s biggest celebrities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put $10k into my account and go to sleep, dear.

DisloyalThirdBluet-size_restricted.gif

Posts regarding the new house have been moved into a dedicated thread:

Daily Telegraph / Confidential now reporting Caitlyn Jenner for BBVIP:

Caitlyn Jenner arrives in Sydney for Big Brother VIP Australia​

American reality star and former Olympic athlete Caitlyn Jenner has touched down in Sydney ahead of appearing in the celebrity version of Big Brother.

Caitlyn Jenner is tipped to appear on Big Brother Australia’s celebrity version. Confidential hears the American reality star and former Olympic athlete has touched down in Sydney ahead of production starting over the coming weeks.

Channel 7 would not comment on casting, although it is believed they have aimed high.

Host Sonia Kruger recently confirmed there would be “some extraordinary internationals who will be taking part”.

Big Brother VIP will be shot at Sydney Olympic Park and will air on Seven later this year. It comes off the back of a hugely successful run of the traditional Big Brother format in which Melbourne basketballer Marley Biyendolo triumphed to take home the $250,000 prize money.

Sydney fashionista Sarah Jane Adams and Melbourne flight attendant Christina Pondolyan were runners up.

It is the second ever Big Brother celebrity season, the first having run in 2002 when TV host Dylan Lewis won. Actor Jay Laga’aia came second while the series also included the likes of Kyle Sandilands, Gabby Millgate, Kimberley Cooper, Anthony Mundine and Red Symons.

Jenner meanwhile is understood to have touched down in Sydney this week and is undergoing mandatory hotel quarantine.

The 71-year-old is of course most famous for previously being married to American reality star, Kris Jenner. Back then, she went by the name of Bruce and was stepfather to Kim, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian and father to daughters Kendall and Kylie Jenner.

Jenner is an Olympic gold medal winning decathlete, who represented the US at the 1976 games in Montreal, Canada.

Jenner competed on the 2019 season of Britain’s I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here! and the American version in 2003.

That is an incredible score for the show if Caitlyn is a housemate! She was fantastic on I'm a Celeb UK!

I haven’t seen any of Jenner’s other RTV stuff. But if it’s true, it’s a big get for Celeb BB

Yo, a short stay in the house - but still a big coup to have someone this high profile, I think.

"Sources close to the Big Brother production told TMZ Jenner would be in Australia for about three weeks, including the two required for quarantine."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back