Skip to main content

Big Brother VIP set to launch in 2021 featuring some of Australia’s biggest celebrities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be interesting though to see how long the post-production phase is. We don't know how much is edited together whilst they're still filming, or whether the luxury of time means they end up spending at least twice as long putting together each days worth of footage and as often is the case, over produce the whole thing. With reality series especially they can still be editing episodes as the series airs, even if the footage is months old. Therefore a 24-hour turnaround for a live series can actually be something which cuts out unnecessary wastage, and therefore costs.

I suspect to there are far more than 60-80 people involved - even the most basic one off half hour show can have that sort of number involved, never mind a two month reality shoot.
Chris Blackburn (ex BBAU producer) recently did an hour-long podcast interview with Ben Norris where he discusses the process of editing Big Brother with a 24-hour turnaround as opposed to editing a pre-recorded show with plenty of time to spare. He has not watched Seven’s iteration so the latter comparison isn’t necessarily regarding BB specifically, but it was quite interesting nonetheless.

Chris Blackburn (ex BBAU producer) recently did an hour-long podcast interview with Ben Norris where he discusses the process of editing Big Brother with a 24-hour turnaround as opposed to editing a pre-recorded show with plenty of time to spare. He has not watched Seven’s iteration so the latter comparison isn’t necessarily regarding BB specifically, but it was quite interesting nonetheless.
Where is the podcast? Is it recent? I first thought The Ben, Rob and Robbo Show but then I remember the name of that changed. Ben doesn't seem to be on it anymore?

Seven era doesn't require Ten/Nine era infrastructure because it's pre-recorded, that's my entire point. Once you go live, you need to scale the entire operation. Even prefab suites need to be bought/hired, installed, fitted out, staffed, et al. Outside of camera operators, footage logging and some post-prod processes, the opportunity to "leverage technology" isn't as prevalent as you might expect.
Seven might not require that level of infrastructure regardless. In terms of technology it’s not as “prevalent” simply because it’s not being used.

Here’s an example of what I’m talking about in terms of technology...

Where is the podcast? Is it recent? I first thought The Ben, Rob and Robbo Show but then I remember the name of that changed. Ben doesn't seem to be on it anymore?
Ben has his own podcast called TV Reload now... that’s where he’s done the interview with Chris

The only reason that podcast had any amount of success was their ability to book guests. Also I don't blame Ben for leaving... Rob is insufferable.
Not that Ben isn't. From what I saw he's the only person who thought it was appropriate to tweet video of a newsreader having a possible stroke on air.

Not that Ben isn't. From what I saw he's the only person who thought it was appropriate to tweet video of a newsreader having a possible stroke on air.
I wasn’t saying he’s not... Just that I can imagine Rob is pretty difficult to work with. In the long run Ben doesn’t seem to be the type to kiss ass the way Rob expect everyone to do. Both suffer from inflated egos and that can’t be a great combination.

I don't know 90% of the names being thrown around ITT.

My personal preference would be to get the Goddesses of The Real Housewives of Sydney to all go in there for another dogfight (if you haven't seen that season I highly suggest you do!).

I don't know 90% of the names being thrown around ITT.

My personal preference would be to get the Goddesses of The Real Housewives of Sydney to all go in there for another dogfight (if you haven't seen that season I highly suggest you do!).
Lisa did I'm a Celebrity a few years ago and I don't know if she'd do reality again.

Which housewife do you think would be the best choice if only one could go on? I think Krissy.

Lisa did I'm a Celebrity a few years ago and I don't know if she'd do reality again.

Which housewife do you think would be the best choice if only one could go on? I think Krissy.

Back to your old roots Beach. Well done.

Shall we call it now and say someone from Home and Away will win?
To me Home and Away cast members usually seem like filler contestants when they appear on reality shows. I don't know if the winner will be decided by public vote but I'd be surprised if someone from Home and Away did win.

It won't be a current actor on home and away. But it might be someone who has been on home and away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back