Skip to main content

"Big Brother" UK: Timebomb

so Jack has handed the voters an excuse NOT to vote him the winner because "he's already got $23000 - someone else needs to win"

for someone who has said he has a gambling problem I don't see how 60 days in the BB house is going to cure that and I see $AUD48000 in cash being one awfully big temptation to have "just a little flutter" ...

when they talk of this amount of money being life changing ... then go on to say they'll sort out the fee/thing on his flat, buy clothes, buy things for friends and family ... that's not exactly life changing (unless 'the thing on the flat' is meaning pay off a mortgage and be free of debt on that) ... that's being a nice generous friend/family member and dressing well for a period of time ... but when the money dries up are the friends still there and do the clothes make that much of a difference? and when the money is drying up is the temptation going to be to have a flutter on a horse or a footie team to make it come back?

His first thing to say was "we're all going on a holiday" ... the thought process is SPEND SPEND SPEND on things that are immediate gratification - and not only for him but for those around him. Nice idea Jack - your friends and family WILL love you for it ... but in the long run will you resent giving it away and will they think you're stupid the way you gave it all away?

Everytime I hear its Jack in the DR I groan ... and if he THANKS another person, CONGRATULATES another person I think I'll scream!!!

I think Cristian WAS spewing that he didn't press the buzzer earlier but he admitted that he was doing the yes/no thing and then said even if he had to do it over he still believes Jack would have won that money. So maybe he would have liked it but wasn't about to make himself unpopular in order to do so.

Danny didn't look like he was about to push the button but he DID look like he was sussing out who might and trying to give them the evil eye ... which could have made them more nervous and apt to jump at it rather than think it through ...

however Jack was always going for it - he had fingers at the ready over the button - more so than anyone else.

As for the pizza-loving Joel - I hope he has that reaction everytime he eats a pizza ... for the next 2500 pizza's in his life in fact! who ever heard of a boy his age vomiting after ONE pizza ... especially one who loves pizza so much?! Was he deliberately trying to fail? He didn't really look that devastated to have failed when telling them - again with the smirk ... he wasn't gutted thats for sure.

Should he ever raise through the political ranks and have anything to do with budget control or a portfolio with responsibility for taxpayers' money I hope that the clip of him paying 2500 pound for a pizza (thats $AUD5217.40) comes back to haunt him ... over and over again!

...a few good points there about Jack crimmy and I believe that you're dead set right in all of them...I totally agree... and yes... he was always going to push that button for sure... you're right about Joel too... I believe that he deliberately failed it too... he wanted to prove that he didn't spend 2500 pounds on a pizza for gluttony reasons but as a laugh/mistake or misunderstanding reason for his paying that much for one... if he failed it he thinks that it shows to the housemates that it must have been because of a laugh/mistake or misunderstanding between him and Big Brother at the time... he really thinks that they will believe that!... politicians always think that people are that gullible after all... lol!... cheers.

Urghhhhh!!! Every year.. same, same , same. Hello? IT'S A GAME.... IT'S A GAME. IT'S A FRIGGIN GAME!!!! Jack was the only smart person there. Take the flippin money. Duh!! Is it wrong to be in there for the money? What is with this "I'm in it for the experience" bullshit? Puhhhlease. IT'S A GAME! Who goes on wheel of fortune for the experience? Yeah nah... they go on it to win the money. Urgh. So annoying.

Chloe.. omfg.. stfu you annoying person. She is brilliant at the backhanded compliment. She always has to have a dig. It's annoying. Shut up. No-one cares lady!!! We all have to work for our money. You're not special!! First thing she says to Jack.. "Yeah good on you Jack but you had a go at me for $5000". I wonder why Chloe... I wonder why. You were flapping your gob off at every opportunity about the money. Yes, you are a hypocrite. You were a right mean girl to Jack that week.... "I'm afraid that this money will make people show their true colours". She was right about that. She is every shade of the rainbow. If she wins it will be purely at the marketing of the show... wanting a 'normal' person to win for a change. Oh f*k off.

Danny is doing my nut right in. Smug arrogant.. are you kidding me? Go take a ride on your cannoooeerrrrr.... *rolls eyes* and yes Danny.. it was the moon not the sun you eejut. I think I woke up on the wrong side of bed today but COME ON!!! If Nick doesn't win this show .... I won't do anything.. I just want to sound dramatic like the housemates... arghhh! To be honest, if either Nick, Jack, Joes or Christian win.... i'll be down with it.

If either Danny or Chloe win.. well... *shrugs*

Why can I not stop watching this absolute drivel?

URGHHHH!

ugh he does not deserve that money

Why?

Why does he not deserve that money? Every single one of those people had the opportunity to take that money. Jack and Christian were the only smart people and pressed the buzzer.

What if Christian buzzed in first. Would he be more deserving than Jack? If so.. why?

I don't get this at all. It's a game show.

...I love the way that they played 'Money' by 'The Flying Lizards' to wake the housemates up with... what a shock to their systems that would've been!... lol!... words of wisdom from young Jack... "money cannot buy you love but it can't buy you a Dinosaur either!"... lol!... WTF?... Danny laying the Law down about cleaning up the kitchen after they cook which Cristian probably does anyway but Danny just couldn't help himself in saying it anyway... wanker!... Jack getting 5 spray tans... wasn't this what happened to the 'sugar sisters' last year in BB Australia?... Jack looks like he fell in to a vat of chocolate lol!... when Jack ran through the house it looked like an episode of 'Baywatch' with Pamela Anderson running along the beach!...

...Joel being forced to eat that whole pizza plus and then failing the task was a pleasure to watch for me being that he paid 2500 pounds for the other one... he ended up spewing because of the gluttony of his situation lol!... that'll teach him!... all of them doing 'the conga' was really doing some of their heads in wasn't it?...

...Chloe wondering who has the biggest head?... that's easy to pick isn't it?... Jack counting down the seconds until he's allowed to wash off the tan and he runs to the bathroom and the door is locked!!!!... :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:... Danny finally spells 'canoe'... (ho hum **YAWN**)... Jack's look on his face when the public voted that he wasn't a 'team player' really hurt him... at least Chloe was vindicated when the public voted 'NO' as to whether she was being hypocritical for taking that 5000 pounds at least... good on her!... she looked so relieved...

...by the look of that big ripped hole in the right knee of Chloe's jeans I think that she needs to win the money to buy herself a new pair of jeans... :whistling::wink:... the poor girl... I really liked that task with the 23,900 pound suitcase... I'm glad that Jack took it to be honest... he is one of the housemates that does genuinely need it... good on him!... it looked like Danny was a tad bit pissed off that Jack stole HIS winnings at first lol!... the other housemates reacted quite well to be honest... even Danny eventually but I think that he said nothing about it because all the others said that Jack was right to take it so that's probably the reason why...

...I think Cristian was spewing inside because Jack beat him to it though lol!... Jack is so happy that he got that money because it will be a life changing thing to happen to him because of it... he has never hidden the fact that he needs the money from day one so well done Jack!... Joel is saying that the money should go to the eventual winner instead because he firmly believes that he is going to win it... hence his stand on the issue that's all... cheers.

Who is Joel to say that he thinks the money should go to the winner? Last I knew, Big Brother was the boss, not Joel, not Dictionary Danny, not smug bint Chloe... none of them.

I agree that Christian was disappointed... which makes me like him even more. At least Christian and Jack know the score. Not like the other smug three in there.

But I love Nick. I want Nick to win more than anything.. but i'd be happy if Jack won to be honest. Just the look on Chloes and Dannys face would more than put a smile on my dial.

Urghhhhh!!! Every year.. same, same , same. Hello? IT'S A GAME.... IT'S A GAME. IT'S A FRIGGIN GAME!!!! Jack was the only smart person there. Take the flippin money. Duh!! Is it wrong to be in there for the money? What is with this "I'm in it for the experience" bullshit? Puhhhlease. IT'S A GAME! Who goes on wheel of fortune for the experience? Yeah nah... they go on it to win the money. Urgh. So annoying.

Chloe.. omfg.. stfu you annoying person. She is brilliant at the backhanded compliment. She always has to have a dig. It's annoying. Shut up. No-one cares lady!!! We all have to work for our money. You're not special!! First thing she says to Jack.. "Yeah good on you Jack but you had a go at me for $5000". I wonder why Chloe... I wonder why. You were flapping your gob off at every opportunity about the money. Yes, you are a hypocrite. You were a right mean girl to Jack that week.... "I'm afraid that this money will make people show their true colours". She was right about that. She is every shade of the rainbow. If she wins it will be purely at the marketing of the show... wanting a 'normal' person to win for a change. Oh f*k off.

Danny is doing my nut right in. Smug arrogant.. are you kidding me? Go take a ride on your cannoooeerrrrr.... *rolls eyes* and yes Danny.. it was the moon not the sun you eejut. I think I woke up on the wrong side of bed today but COME ON!!! If Nick doesn't win this show .... I won't do anything.. I just want to sound dramatic like the housemates... arghhh! To be honest, if either Nick, Jack, Joes or Christian win.... i'll be down with it.

If either Danny or Chloe win.. well... *shrugs*

Why can I not stop watching this absolute drivel?

URGHHHH!

Jack - check

Chloe - check

Danny - check

...but who is "Joes" ?

You can't stop watching this drivel because you're a junkie like the rest of us. :laugh:

so Jack has handed the voters an excuse NOT to vote him the winner because "he's already got $23000 - someone else needs to win"

for someone who has said he has a gambling problem I don't see how 60 days in the BB house is going to cure that and I see $AUD48000 in cash being one awfully big temptation to have "just a little flutter" ...

when they talk of this amount of money being life changing ... then go on to say they'll sort out the fee/thing on his flat, buy clothes, buy things for friends and family ... that's not exactly life changing (unless 'the thing on the flat' is meaning pay off a mortgage and be free of debt on that) ... that's being a nice generous friend/family member and dressing well for a period of time ... but when the money dries up are the friends still there and do the clothes make that much of a difference? and when the money is drying up is the temptation going to be to have a flutter on a horse or a footie team to make it come back?

His first thing to say was "we're all going on a holiday" ... the thought process is SPEND SPEND SPEND on things that are immediate gratification - and not only for him but for those around him. Nice idea Jack - your friends and family WILL love you for it ... but in the long run will you resent giving it away and will they think you're stupid the way you gave it all away?

Everytime I hear its Jack in the DR I groan ... and if he THANKS another person, CONGRATULATES another person I think I'll scream!!!

I think Cristian WAS spewing that he didn't press the buzzer earlier but he admitted that he was doing the yes/no thing and then said even if he had to do it over he still believes Jack would have won that money. So maybe he would have liked it but wasn't about to make himself unpopular in order to do so.

Danny didn't look like he was about to push the button but he DID look like he was sussing out who might and trying to give them the evil eye ... which could have made them more nervous and apt to jump at it rather than think it through ...

however Jack was always going for it - he had fingers at the ready over the button - more so than anyone else.

As for the pizza-loving Joel - I hope he has that reaction everytime he eats a pizza ... for the next 2500 pizza's in his life in fact! who ever heard of a boy his age vomiting after ONE pizza ... especially one who loves pizza so much?! Was he deliberately trying to fail? He didn't really look that devastated to have failed when telling them - again with the smirk ... he wasn't gutted thats for sure.

Should he ever raise through the political ranks and have anything to do with budget control or a portfolio with responsibility for taxpayers' money I hope that the clip of him paying 2500 pound for a pizza (thats $AUD5217.40) comes back to haunt him ... over and over again!

I don't think Jack ever said that being in the house for 60 days would cure his gambling addiction. I'm not even sure he has a gambling addiction. When was this ever really addressed? AFAIK it was only something that Sam brought up when she nominated him. That could have been blown way out of proportion. I could be wrong but.

If he wants to blow that on 'one little flutter......' then what is wrong with that? It's his money, to do with what he wants?

If Danny wins, he will blow the winnings on *hookers and cocaine.... it's pretty much the same same.

*might not be literally hookers but merh.

Why?

Why does he not deserve that money? Every single one of those people had the opportunity to take that money. Jack and Christian were the only smart people and pressed the buzzer.

What if Christian buzzed in first. Would he be more deserving than Jack? If so.. why?

I don't get this at all. It's a game show.
I get what you're saying but I personally don't think the money shouldve been on offer at all

I don't think Jack ever said that being in the house for 60 days would cure his gambling addiction. I'm not even sure he has a gambling addiction. When was this ever really addressed? AFAIK it was only something that Sam brought up when she nominated him. That could have been blown way out of proportion. I could be wrong but.

If he wants to blow that on 'one little flutter......' then what is wrong with that? It's his money, to do with what he wants?

If Danny wins, he will blow the winnings on *hookers and cocaine.... it's pretty much the same same.

With Jack's "gambling addiction" it's just like with all other rumours. Someone starts it, there mightn't even be a grain of truth about it and gradually it's blown out of proportion. Wasn't there a rumour that the producers are broke and therefore have to reduce the prize money? It doesn't make any sense.
The only place where it makes sense is in the addled brains of Twitter junkies. Being addicted to Tweets must be worse than being addicted to gambling.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the producers start off rumours from time to time to keep the debate going, fuel interest among the audience and thus increase ratings.

So Jack's been accused of all kinds of things. Being grumpy, farting, sitting on the fence (?) and some of the usual stuff.
Question: Does anyone find him to be devious?
I don't. It is deviousness I detest in any person. All other remaining HMs have been devious in one way or another. One could put that down to "playing the game or game-plan or strategy" -- no no. To be devious is to be snaky and two-faced.

If Jack wins, my face will change from this :frown: -- to this :) - hell, I'll even LMAO. :woot::woot::woot:

it was mentioned early on - we didn't get shown the discussion that happened but it was referred to by others as well as Sam ... but he's said in reference to not taking the car that being in the house for a longer period was more beneficial to him than taking car, selling it and possibly blowing it right away. He wants to sort himself out - and its obvious that he's discussed it with everyone in the house ... Nick's telling him "You KNOW what you have to do now" ... so he's hopefully got his head on straight ... I'm just not convinced time in the BB house WILL prove to have helped him with something like that IF indeed it is a problem he has

I wasnt saying that I think because he got that money he now doesn't deserve to win (i don't want him to win because I find him annoying!!) I was saying its the reasoning the voting public will use for not giving him the win ... its what goes on here in the land of OZ ... if someone is better off outside the house than another person suddenly they don't deserve the win as much as someone else .. utter BS as far as I'm concerned ... they all stayed the distance - they all deserve it in that sense ...

if they win they can blow it on whatever they want - its just disappointing if you see in 12 months time someone we were supporting as worthy of the win has just blown it and is selling their poor hard done by story to the cheap rags ....

I think because there's been comments that Danny is their golden boy they've now decided to out him about the tweets to prove how fair they really are ... fair call as long as the ones they use are real ones as there's been talk some that have been doing the round were actually faked ...

was NOT a fan of Nikki Graham on BOTS on eviction night carrying on and really being very pathetic in regard to how she spoke of Harry and to Harry ... ie saying she was welcome to come to their wedding! soooooooooo pathetic!

I wonder how Nick will feel when he hears she and her mother have been dining with his parents ... and how he will deal with his parents IF they disapprove of Harry and tell him not to have anything more to do with Harry.

I really felt sorry for Harry - but think she dealt with it extremely well. Nikki just came off looking stupid - and yet again I wonder WHY she is so revered as a HM apart from the fact her tantrums were entertaining to watch. That's fine during a particular series run ... and perhaps for visits to the house like the Legends task - but outside in the real world grow up ffs!!!

With Jack's "gambling addiction" it's just like with all other rumours. Someone starts it, there mightn't even be a grain of truth about it and gradually it's blown out of proportion. Wasn't there a rumour that the producers are broke and therefore have to reduce the prize money? It doesn't make any sense.
The only place where it makes sense is in the addled brains of Twitter junkies. Being addicted to Tweets must be worse than being addicted to gambling.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the producers start off rumours from time to time to keep the debate going, fuel interest among the audience and thus increase ratings.

So Jack's been accused of all kinds of things. Being grumpy, farting, sitting on the fence (?) and some of the usual stuff.
Question: Does anyone find him to be devious?
I don't. It is deviousness I detest in any person. All other remaining HMs have been devious in one way or another. One could put that down to "playing the game or game-plan or strategy" -- no no. To be devious is to be snaky and two-faced.

If Jack wins, my face will change from this :frown: -- to this :) - hell, I'll even LMAO. :woot::woot::woot:
not devious but overly engratiating at the moment ... you can almost see him crawling up everyone else's a$$ with the thank you thankyou thank yous and the congratulations everyone well done! well done!!

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really am jumping from one person to the next as winner ... its getting to the point I may pick Cristian just for being a decent person who hasn't moaned and groaned, hasn't upset too many people ... and looks fine (just added that last bit to get well and truly up your nose Dystopia - I am not that shallow!!! :p

I really don't warm to Nick ... but I'm also almost wanting him to win because it would mean so much to him to win BB ... and I have the feeling he'd hand over some of the winnings to the other HM's ...

I still like Danny ... from what I've seen in the house ... I try to block out the crapola people try to say about him outside the house because most of it has come from women who might just be being bitchy because he's turned them down .. hell hath no fury and all that jazz ...

I try to give each and every one of them the benefit of the doubt ... you know that because I tried even with Marc but in the end just could not excuse him any longer ...

*sigh*

I don't know anymore

this series has been soooo manufactured from day 1 that I don't know we've ever been able to see the full picture ... and most especially I think Cristian and Chloe were stifled by the more overpowering Legends during their time in the house and I wish we'd been able to see more of their full character in the house. I saw a lighter, mischievous side to Chloe and wish we'd seen more of that. I think the HM's have seen it - because they all love her ...

not devious but overly engratiating at the moment ... you can almost see him crawling up everyone else's a$$ with the thank you thankyou thank yous and the congratulations everyone well done! well done!!

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really am jumping from one person to the next as winner ... its getting to the point I may pick Cristian just for being a decent person who hasn't moaned and groaned, hasn't upset too many people ... and looks fine (just added that last bit to get well and truly up your nose Dystopia - I am not that shallow!!! :p

I really don't warm to Nick ... but I'm also almost wanting him to win because it would mean so much to him to win BB ... and I have the feeling he'd hand over some of the winnings to the other HM's ...

I still like Danny ... from what I've seen in the house ... I try to block out the crapola people try to say about him outside the house because most of it has come from women who might just be being bitchy because he's turned them down .. hell hath no fury and all that jazz ...

I try to give each and every one of them the benefit of the doubt ... you know that because I tried even with Marc but in the end just could not excuse him any longer ...

*sigh*

I don't know anymore

this series has been soooo manufactured from day 1 that I don't know we've ever been able to see the full picture ... and most especially I think Cristian and Chloe were stifled by the more overpowering Legends during their time in the house and I wish we'd been able to see more of their full character in the house. I saw a lighter, mischievous side to Chloe and wish we'd seen more of that. I think the HM's have seen it - because they all love her ...

You urgently need to take your medication crimmy or things will look grim in the future. As usual, you see it all wrong. :smug:

Jack is NOT ingratiating himself, he's merely displaying appropriate manners, manners which you wouldn't be familiar with having had your eyes glued on those two ugly, miserable bullies Danny Umpf Umpf and Cristian Ghetto. :tongue:

Awww... poor Nick... he's got nothing else in his toff life except Big Brother. Let him win it because it means so much to him. He'd be able to retire in good faith, write his memoirs and look after the Manor and shoot foxes and ducks. :writing:

OMG... you are infatuated with the ugly sour puss Danny Umpf Umpf. Each time he attempts a smile, he stops in mid process for fear he might strain some unused muscles. He's a nasty, uneducated simpleton who really can't see anything outside his own little world. The type then who needles helpless victims and gloats when they suffer. You should watch last nights episode. :singing:

:tongue::tongue::tongue:

You urgently need to take your medication crimmy or things will look grim in the future. As usual, you see it all wrong. :smug:

Jack is NOT ingratiating himself, he's merely displaying appropriate manners, manners which you wouldn't be familiar with having had your eyes glued on those two ugly, miserable bullies Danny Umpf Umpf and Cristian Ghetto. :tongue:

Awww... poor Nick... he's got nothing else in his toff life except Big Brother. Let him win it because it means so much to him. He'd be able to retire in good faith, write his memoirs and look after the Manor and shoot foxes and ducks. :writing:

OMG... you are infatuated with the ugly sour puss Danny Umpf Umpf. Each time he attempts a smile, he stops in mid process for fear he might strain some unused muscles. He's a nasty, uneducated simpleton who really can't see anything outside his own little world. The type then who needles helpless victims and gloats when they suffer. You should watch last nights episode. :singing:

:tongue::tongue::tongue:
He MIGHT be displaying appropriate manners but he's going WAY OVER THE TOP and becoming annoying with it. He KNOWS he's been seen as grumpy and ungrateful outside and he's doing his utmost to prove that wrong.

I freely admit Danny is as thick as two planks - go back to the beginning and you'll see me saying right from the start he wasn't able to complete a full sentence ... that he would never be able to hold Sarah's interest for very long because he's thick ... however he has been good over the length of the series of sticking up for the likes of Chloe and Harry ... trying to calm things down at times ... etc etc and nothing you can say or do ... no amount of bribery with chocolate or attempted seductions by tango lol will ever get me to change my mind on that TO THIS POINT

I qualify that because I haven't watched the latest show ... things change daily

and I maintain - I at least try to be fair

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Back