Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nine's legal team were worth their salt, a first-right-of-refusal clause would still be active from their previous agreement.
Good point. I suppose Nine would stretch out "considering their move" as long as they could, once they got wind another network was sniffing around. I wonder how long Endemol would let that draw out?

Good point. I suppose Nine would stretch out "considering their move" as long as they could, once they got wind another network was sniffing around. I wonder how long Endemol would let that draw out?

That said the first right of refusal would not be indefinite... Considering this is the longest period of time BB Australia has been on hiatus I think it's safe to say that any rights Nine still held have long since expired. Even if Endemol Shine did owe Nine something that too would have some clause that prevents them from dragging out negotiations indefinitely.

10 upfronts: 10/10
Nine upfronts: 16/10
7 upfronts: 23/10

Won't be too much of a wait to find out. I understand Nine streamed their upfronts on 9now last year so worth keeping an eye out to see if that's going to be a trend this year as well

Kinda strange that it can be official without naming the network it’s to air on.
Normally the network is the one to announce such things, not a production company...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back