Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matts bb

Always Watching đź‘€
Rumors are circulating that 7 is looking to BB for next year to bring in the younger demo to compete with 9...

Jeez then it'll be on 10, 9 and 7, then what, the abc and sbs will air their own versions too?
To be fair if it ain't on 10 then I don't want ha. 7 will no doubt do it dirty as Australia's blandest network and it's very obvious 9 wants nothing to do with the show. But if it were on 10, where in its schedule would it fit? They seem to have found a really solid block of shows recently, particularly from Masterchef onwards. On the flip side 7 is essentially as dry as boiled chicken when it comes to programming so it would literally fit anywhere. Scary times sisters...

The media has got a hold of this story of Big Brother coming back next year. It’s probably the most buzz I’ve seen since it got cancelled. Hopefully a good sign that the people want it back!

lots of rumours this is probably nothing too but thought i'd post, it looks promising hey

Hit105
19 hrs ·
Is This Proof That Big Brother Will Be Coming Back To Our Screens Next Year?
Would watch!
https://bit.ly/2mvi4al

Hit105
Broadcasting & Media Production Company

Please make it like the USA Big Brother. I never thought id ever say that lol, but at least their version is watchable.

Or if they do it like the British did...no more young dumb and full of c... types please

Please make it like the USA Big Brother. I never thought id ever say that lol, but at least their version is watchable.

Or if they do it like the British did...no more young dumb and full of c... types please

They really shouldn't. If it were to return I believe a gameplay element would be necessary though. I did have an idea based off of the US twist last year. For Big Brother AU to be a successful social media is integral for its return.

Here is what I came up with.

pLAN.jpg
The trending housemate concept is also really beneficial to the production side of things as well as the most talked-about housemate (love or hate) is safe for the week aka more good tv. As well as the gameplay aspect adding another layer of the show.

This is how I would like Big Brother to return. It would still be the Big Brother Australia is used too but updated to work with streaming and social media world we live in.

I've said before that Seven is the only channel that seems to have a gap in it's schedule to accomodate Big Brother - and they desperately need a big reality franchise for the second half of the year - and next year I'd guess it would be post-Olympics, so be well promoted. Although Ten is it's natural home I do think Seven is a better fit than Nine.

Format wise although a switch to the US format would mean it's something new (though not brand new as you've had iterations of Head of House), I don't think it's so much the format that is the issue, it's the production. On paper the format on Nine actually wasn't bad with the consistency of the 5 nomination points and the addition of the Superpower, which I thought was an excellent way to introduce a weekly twist but keep it consistent under one banner. The show has to be made for Australia and I think the original format still works in that regards - it's the production and scheduling which needs to work with the show and of course I'd also argue the live feed is absolutely necessary and I'm sure 7 could monetise that with an app and through 7Plus in a similar way to the Tennis and Olympic apps of the past.

That trending HOH idea I feel is prime for misuse. I'd much rather a HOH be chosen by an activity inside the house, not by people on the outside.

The biggest issue for a return is I think like Nine that Seven only generally programme Sunday to Wednesday. Now, reformating the show to air 3-4 times a week wouldn't be the worst thing but they need to be spread across the week and on Nine it just didn't work airing like that.

Tbh I’d rather it not come back at all over it being completely changed around to mimic the US format. I just wanna watch people in a house Sunday-Friday for 3 months and vote one out each week. The HOH and voting each other off thing emphasis the gameplay too much and overshadows the social experiment aspect of the game. We have survivor for gameplay. Channel 9’s Big Brother really could have lasted a lot longer if it wasn’t for their inconsistency regarding scheduling. If channel 7 are really thinking about it, I’d like to see nothing else but a regular big brother format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back