Skip to main content

Big Brother: The records (The statistics page)

Actually I don't think Eric (America's Player) is counted as a "Mole" since he was a housemate and eligible to win the grand prize. Moles in BB generally are meant to stir up the house and the Mole isn't eligible to win the grand prize. Eric is just classified as a housemate with public controlling his moves. Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition Plus also used the idea but used guests instead of housemates (for this edition they were named House Players).

Also BB9 USA was not the first BB to have joint housemates, BB5 Australia was with the Logan twins. However BB9 USA was the first to feature strangers as joint housemates except for Jacob/Sharon. BB9 USA was the first season in which the entire house was made up of joint housemates though.

I said "coupled". I think the first "joint housemates" would then be Adria/Natalie (USA 2004), since for the first four weeks they were the same housemate.

First Big Brother village: BB6 Germany
First time a house is divided into 3 areas: BB5 Germany

First Big Brother that changed the system "housemates nominate - viewers evict": BB4 Belgium (?)
("evicted" housemated moved to a Hidden House till only one is in the main house who is evicted then)

First Big Brother where housemates had to earn their prize money (final challenges): BB3 NL
First Big Brother with no natural light: BB6 NL

I think this is a world first for editions of Big Brother that have been on for several years:

Longest time for an edition to go without a voluntary exit: BB USA went 8 complete main seasons without a single voluntary exit. Neil in BB9 USA was the first HM to voluntarily walk out of the USA house.

Oldest male housemate: Jerry, BB10 USA
Oldest female housemate: Jackie Stallone, CBB3 UK

Some people say yes others say no.

My opinion is that All Stars seasons are not classed as main editions, therefore BB USA has only had 9 main editions.

It very much comes down to peoples opinions on what is the definition of a main edition. My personal opinion is -

Main edition (aka Normal edition) - An edition with normal members of the public.
Celebrity edition - An edition with mainly celebrities.
Teen edition - An edition where people aged 20 and above are not eligable
All Stars - An edition where the constants have competed in a previous BB edition (or completed in a previous reality show)
Other edition - An edition that doesn't fall into any of the above
Yeah, I agree. They may have included All-Stars in the 10, but it doesn't count. They're on Big Brother 9 in my mind, same as the UK, which is right as they started at the same time. But our 17 to their 10 makes us the winners. Bwahaha.

Which country was it that gave out the largest amount of prize money
Big Brother Aus 04 i guess?
wen trev won the million dollars

First housemates to discover they are brother & sister: Mike & Nikomis (Big Brother USA 2004)

In the American case, yes they were long lost siblings.

Which country was it that gave out the largest amount of prize money
Big Brother Aus 04 i guess?
wen trev won the million dollars

Big Brother V Germany gave away 1 Mio Euros for the winner (runner-up and 2nd runner-up received 50.000 € each, but that was reavealed in season 6).
So Sascha won most money.

Big Brother VI Germany gave away around 1.000.000 € (but the problem is: some money was donated by the housemates during the season, one housemate won a solarium as a prize and stuff like that.. no one won more than 300.000 €)

US$500,000 would probably be worth more than AUS$1m - or would have been a few years ago.

It was never actually confirmed, but Pete's prize in BB7UK was £100,000 plus one third of the voting profit for a charity of his choice, which even at a conservative estimate would have been over £300,000.

According to Google's Currency Conversion $500,000 USD is $523,505.39 AUD.

$500,000 USD is £250,852.9 GBP for anyone that is interested.

According to Google's Currency Conversion $500,000 USD is $523,505.39 AUD.

$500,000 USD is £250,852.9 GBP for anyone that is interested.

That's now but a few years ago it would have probably hovered around 600, 000 or maybe even 7. The American dollar has been in a downward spiral in the past year even the Canadian dollar was at par with the US at one point and is still almost matching when traditionally in the past 2 decades it has been worth significantly less.

*edit* though you prob know that since your an American sorry...

After this is done can we have all the sats compiled and stickied for easy reference?

Has an evicted HM (i.e. voted out for real (not fake) and then voted back in) ever won any BB?

Terri, BB8 Australia is the only one.

No housemate has ever been evicted by the public, gone back in and then won.

I don't believe it was a fake. If it was a fake eviction then the public would have been told beforehand.

My opinion is that they only decided to put the evicted housemate back in once they found out who it was. Had it been Ben or Renee or Saxon etc etc I doubt the eviction would have been fake.

I don't believe it was a fake. If it was a fake eviction then the public would have been told beforehand.

My opinion is that they only decided to put the evicted housemate back in once they found out who it was. Had it been Ben or Renee or Saxon etc etc I doubt the eviction would have been fake.

They knew beforehand though it would be the woman twice the age of the other housemates - it was blatantly obvious to all - even the BB Aus producers aren't that stupid.

Highest eviction percentages
With 2 nominees - 95%, Aline, Big Brother 5 Brazil
With 3 nominees - 92.69%, Ángela, Gran Hermano 9 Spain
With 4 nominees - 86.4%, Eva, Gran Hermano 6 Spain
With 5 nominees - 88.2%, Nicky, Gran Hermano 6 Spain
With 6 nominees - 66.96%, Michelle, Big Brother 5 UK
With 7 nominees - 63%, Roberto, Grande Fratello 8 Italy
With 8 nominees - 54.54%, Boguslawa, Big Brother 2 Poland
With 9 nominees - 30.3%, Marko, Veliki Brat 1 Serbia
With 10 nominees - 35.3%, Maja, Veliki Brat 1 Serbia
With 11 nominees - 37.2%, Nikki, Big Brother 7 UK
With 12 nominees - 36%, Lesley, Big Brother 6 UK
With 13 nominees - 31.2%, Khadra, Big Brother 4 Germany
With 14 nominees - 29%, René, Big Brother 2 Croatia

Lowest vote to save eviction percentages
With 2 nominees - 90%, Sylva, Big Brother 1 Czech Republic
With 3 nominees - 3.77%, Aom-Am, Big Brother 1 Thailand
With 4 nominees - 2%, Elizabeth, Big Brother 2 UK
With 5 nominees - 4.0%, Jenny, Big Brother 1 Philippines
With 6 nominees - 2.3%, Toni, Big Brother 5 Germany
With 7 nominees - 1%, Annicka, Big Brother 1 Norway/Sweden
With 8 nominees - 3.0%, Nancy, Big Brother 3 Netherlands
With 9 nominees - 3.1%, Richard, Big Brother 3 Netherlands
With 10 nominees - 1%, Liselotte, Big Brother 1 Norway/Sweden
With 13 nominees - 1.09%, Rolf, Big Brother 5 Germany
With 14 nominees - 1.06%, Martin, Big Brother 6 Germany

If you're including finals, wouldn't Jennie (BB7UK) come into the lowest vote to save eviction percentages? She got 0.9% in the BB7 finale.

I'm not including finals, although I am including housemates that were evicted before the final in a vote to win (as I class them as evicted rather than a finalist).

Percentages for finals coming up....

If you're including finals, wouldn't Jennie (BB7UK) come into the lowest vote to save eviction percentages? She got 0.9% in the BB7 finale.

To be fair though there was 94 housemates in the final that year.

Do we have any stats for the actual number of votes - which country had the highest number of votes cast for a final or eviction (I'd imagine Brazil or Philippines, or Africa if that counts) and the evictee and winner who got the most number of votes.

I do wish they'd give the number of votes out for BBUK now - either way I think it would encourage votes. If they get low figures, your vote matters more, so it's worth voting, while if they still get higher voting figures, everyone's voting so it's worth joining in.

I guess though now those getting evicted with 90% votes are getting nowhere near as many votes as even the close evictees of the early days. IIRC Adele from BB3UK probably got the most actual number of votes to evict, while Brian would have got the most votes to win (over 4m).

And we all knock Jade for various reasons, but those saying she only came 4th in BB3, she still got 1.4m votes, which possibly is more than the winners of recent years. I think the last time we had figures released was the BB5 final.

Last edited:
Back