Skip to main content

Big Brother: The records (The statistics page)

Big Brother 3 Netherlands (2001) had "The Battle" with the two sides, but I don't know if it was two or houses or not.

It was one house which was divided. BB3 Australia was the first time they mentioned two houses.

Grande Fratello 8: first family moved in (not just mother - daughter but mother, father and 3 sons)

The Spanish records (main seasons)

Most editions: Spain (9)
Most female winners: 4 (Sabrina, Nuria, Naiala and Judit)
First pact between all housemates in the nominations: GH1
First swap between countries: Ness (GH3 Spain) – Eduardo (BB1 México)
First male transsexual: Nicky (GH6)
First housemate choosen by mistake: Romina (GH8)
First blind housemate: Ángela (GH9)
First housemates that discover that are sisters: Maite and Rebeca (GH9)
Highest percentege evicted (3 nominated): 92,69% (Ángela, GH9)

Did was Mabel (GH1) the first replacement housemate to replace another replacement?
Did was Salva (GH6) the first housemate that entered with 2 ex girlfriends?
Did was Melania (GH9) the first housemate that nominated when she was evicted?

Did was Mabel (GH1) the first replacement housemate to replace another replacement?

No. That happened in the first Big Brother - BB1 Netherlands.

25 September 1999 - Tara voluntarily leaves
30 September 1999 - Mona enters as replacement
28 October 1999 - Bianca & Mona voluntarily leave
2 November 1999 - Anouk and Cyrille enter as replacements

So one of Anouk or Cyrille were the first replacement replacements by replacing Mona.

Sava could be the first housemate who took part in BB in two different countries (BB4 Germany and BB1 Serbia)

Sava could be the first housemate who took part in BB in two different countries (BB4 Germany and BB1 Serbia)

Yes he was for main editions.

Brigitte Nielsen was the first for all editions having been a housemate in BB VIP1 Denmark and Celebrity BB3 UK.

BB6 Germany, most villageguests and first Big Brother hotel

Annouska (BB4 UK) - first housemate who visited another BB edition

Giuseppe (BB6 Germany) could be the first housemate who was allowed to go on vacation during a season. He spent a week in Teneriffa.

Shortest main BB season should be BB3 Mexico (60 days), not counting BB Arabia.

Last edited:
Isn't the USA the first to have 10 main editions on air? I think they are with Big Brother 10

Isn't the USA the first to have 10 main editions on air? I think they are with Big Brother 10

Some people say yes others say no.

My opinion is that All Stars seasons are not classed as main editions, therefore BB USA has only had 9 main editions.

It very much comes down to peoples opinions on what is the definition of a main edition. My personal opinion is -

Main edition (aka Normal edition) - An edition with normal members of the public.
Celebrity edition - An edition with mainly celebrities.
Teen edition - An edition where people aged 20 and above are not eligable
All Stars - An edition where the constants have competed in a previous BB edition (or completed in a previous reality show)
Other edition - An edition that doesn't fall into any of the above

First BB with same-sex house: BB8UK (started with 11 female housemates).

I'm pretty sure CBB5UK set a record for all of it's evictees being female.

Some people say yes others say no.

My opinion is that All Stars seasons are not classed as main editions, therefore BB USA has only had 9 main editions.

It very much comes down to peoples opinions on what is the definition of a main edition. My personal opinion is -

Main edition (aka Normal edition) - An edition with normal members of the public.
Celebrity edition - An edition with mainly celebrities.
Teen edition - An edition where people aged 20 and above are not eligable
All Stars - An edition where the constants have competed in a previous BB edition (or completed in a previous reality show)
Other edition - An edition that doesn't fall into any of the above

I think the same unless a broadcaster specifically counts an spin-off to be part of the main series (like CBS does with Big Brother 7: All-Stars). Like with The Mole there have been three main editions and two celebrity. American broadcast networks typically don't spin-off editions featuring ex-contestants but will spin-off editions featuring celebrities (The Apprentice -> Celebrity Apprentice).

Brazil is the first country not to use the orginal format from the start. Ever since their first edition they used the Head of House in their nominations.

The USA was the first to introduce the Head of Household and Power of Veto. BB USA was also the first English BB on air.

But I think the UK was the first to modify the format, with Netherlands, Germany, Spain and America all had bi-weekly evictions and lasted 88-106 days where BB1 UK lasted 64 days and had weekly evictions.

Last edited by a moderator:
BB1 Belgium - the only time all female housemates have left the house before a male has left.

The first 7 evictions were all female housemates and during that time a female voluntarily left. This meant that the only 5 males to be housemates in that edition were the last 5.

I think that if U.S. makes an edition with celebrities, this edition won't be a first edition but will continue with the normal number.

If the U.S. makes next year a season with celebrities, it could be called "Big Brother 11: Celebrities" (for example).

I think that isn't the same a season with anonymous, celebrities, teens and former housemates.

By the way. I'm looking the GH1 Spain's rebroadcasting and the format has changed so much. The program is called "The Gran Hermano" (The Big Brother) by the host, the house was so horrible (for orders by the Dutch producers), the program had no rhythm...

I think that if U.S. makes an edition with celebrities, this edition won't be a first edition but will continue with the normal number.

If the U.S. makes next year a season with celebrities, it could be called "Big Brother 11: Celebrities" (for example).

I think that isn't the same a season with anonymous, celebrities, teens and former housemates.

Not sure but I don't think it will. It will probably be treated like The Apprentice. It will be called "Celebrity Big Brother" and will have its own seperate numbering but for ratings purposes it would be counted as the 11th season. (NBC currently spins off the Celebrity editions of The Apprentice into their own with their own title sequence and counts them apart from the main Apprentice but ratings wise the celebrity editions are counted as the 7th & 8th seasons.)

The first all male final - BB1 Netherlands (1999) - Bart, Ruud & Willen

The first all female final - BB1 Switzerland (2000) - Conny, Daniela & Janine

First Veto-Big Brother USA 2002
First Exes-Big Brother USA 2003
First Twins swapping places-Big Brother USA 2004
First Secret Partners-Big Brother USA 2005
First Mole with public controlling his moves (America's Player)-Big Brother USA 2007
First time houseguests were coupled-Big Brother USA 9
(I believe this is true) First time houseguests were told of events on the outside-Big Brother USA 2001 & Big Brother Holland 2001 (Due to September 11th)

(I believe this is true) First time houseguests were told of events on the outside-Big Brother USA 2001 & Big Brother Holland 2001 (Due to September 11th)

The housemates from GH1 Spain saw the magazines and newspapers where they appeared during the live show (but they were in the house), but the final is a special day.

First Veto-Big Brother USA 2002
First Exes-Big Brother USA 2003
First Twins swapping places-Big Brother USA 2004
First Secret Partners-Big Brother USA 2005
First Mole with public controlling his moves (America's Player)-Big Brother USA 2007
First time houseguests were coupled-Big Brother USA 9

Actually I don't think Eric (America's Player) is counted as a "Mole" since he was a housemate and eligible to win the grand prize. Moles in BB generally are meant to stir up the house and the Mole isn't eligible to win the grand prize. Eric is just classified as a housemate with public controlling his moves. Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition Plus also used the idea but used guests instead of housemates (for this edition they were named House Players).

Also BB9 USA was not the first BB to have joint housemates, BB5 Australia was with the Logan twins. However BB9 USA was the first to feature strangers as joint housemates except for Jacob/Sharon. BB9 USA was the first season in which the entire house was made up of joint housemates though.

This thread is awesome. Keep up the good work. :D

I'm going to take an educated guess that Kaysar from BBUSA holds the record for most evictions (Entered BB6, evicted, reinstated, evicted, entered BB All-Stars, evicted). That's my contribution, unless anyone comes along and tells me it's wrong.

Which they will, I'm sure. :D

This thread is awesome. Keep up the good work. :D

I'm going to take an educated guess that Kaysar from BBUSA holds the record for most evictions (Entered BB6, evicted, reinstated, evicted, entered BB All-Stars, evicted). That's my contribution, unless anyone comes along and tells me it's wrong.

Which they will, I'm sure. :D

Sorry, I can't tell you are wrong because you are right. Kaysar is the only housemate to be evicted 3 times.

Back