Skip to main content

Big Brother: The records (The statistics page)

As it's quite topical - Voluntary exits stats.

Total number of voluntary exits - 253 (out of 2,962 Housemates)
8.5% of all Housemates walk.

Most voluntary exits by country
Germany = 47
Spain = 16
Denmark = 15
Belgium, Bulgaria, Sweden & UK = 13

Most voluntary exits by edition
BB5 Germany = 18
BB6 Germany = 11
BB1 Denmark = 7

Least number of Voluntary Exits
Albania, Africa, Arabia, Colombia, Czech Republic, India, Nigeria, Pacifico & Romania = 0

Out of those countries, all have only have 1 edition except Africa & Romania which have had 2.

First ever voluntary exit
Tara: Big Brother Netherlands 1, 25th September 1999

The frist 7 voluntary exits were females

First male voluntary exit
Nacho: Gran Hermano Spain 1, 19th May 2000

Housemates that have voluntarily exited twice
Christian: BB3 Sweden & BB4 Sweden
Miroslav: VB1 Serbia & VB2 Serbia

Only Housemate to voluntarily exit, re-enter and win
Jill: Big Brother 1 Denmark

Last edited by a moderator:
Housemates that have voluntarily exited twice
Christian: BB3 Sweden & BB4 Sweden
Miroslav: VB1 Serbia & VB2 Serbia

Only Housemate to voluntarily exit, re-enter and win
Jill: Big Brother 1 Denmark

Well, that's a bit ridiculous.

Big Brother 1 Denmark was the edition where all the remaining housemates just walked out 3 weeks before the final leaving an empty house.

After a day of begging and negotiating, the producers convinced 4 out of the 7 who left to return. Once that happened it was guaranteed that the winner would be a housemate that had walked.

Miroslav was in BB1 Serbia and he was a huge favuorite with the public and would have certainly won it. But he got bored in the house and walked.

As a twist in BB2, they put in back in as a latecomer, due to his popularity. To stop him from walking again they promised to donate a large sum of money to charity but nothing would be donated if he walked. However, about a month after he entered, the producers thought it would be fun to put his father in the house as a full housemate. Miroslav and his father didn't get on and so Miroslav walked.

I'm not too sure about the story with Christian from BB Sweden. In BB3 he walked on Day 37, then he re-entered 5 days later. He was evicted at the next eviction. In BB4 the housemates had a party and a number of ex-housemates from previous years entered the house for the party. The twist was that unknown to the housemates at the end of the party, one of the ex-housemates would stay and become a full housemate. Christian was the one that stayed. The next day he walked.

I like how BBUSA is the only edition to be on for 6+ seasons and has had only one voluntary exit. It took 9 seasons before someone finally walked out of the BBUSA house

I like how BBUSA is the only edition to be on for 6+ seasons and has had only one voluntary exit. It took 9 seasons before someone finally walked out of the BBUSA house

And Neil left because his cousin had been murdered, so BB USA hasn't yet had a Housemate leave because they didn't want to be in the House.

Actually it has never officially been revealed why he left or might have been removed from the house. The first rumor was that his cousin was murdered (that was because the Northern Illinois University Shooting), but as that turns out, that happened two days after he left. One of the rumors, are that Neil ran around (with his slanted) shouting "I'm Julie Chen."

Actually it has never officially been revealed why he left or might have been removed from the house. The first rumor was that his cousin was murdered (that was because the Northern Illinois University Shooting), but as that turns out, that happened two days after he left. One of the rumors, are that Neil ran around (with his slanted) shouting "I'm Julie Chen."

Pffft. As if they'd do anything about racism on BBUSA. :rolleyes: "Anti-Semitic rants" are OK, so slanty eyes must be, too ...

(Although ... if it was that, he was expelled and didn't walk. So maybe they still haven't had a walk out. :p)

Well if it was targeted towards Julie Chen (Who's husband is the President & CEO of CBS) then I could see him being removed if he did that. Whenever anyone asks what happened to him, everyone says "I'm not allowed to discuss that."

The official reason was Neil voluntarily left the house due to a family emergency. That was what the show said but Allison Grodner has backed this up in an interview when she was asked about Neil. So technically BBUSA had a walk out similar to Jonathan in BB8 UK who left when a family member passed.

So has BBUSA had a housemate to walk just because they didn't want to be there, no. BBUSA had a housemate walk due to family reasons. Other BB's have had similar housemates walk due to a family related issue.

Who was the first HM ejected from a BB house? My guess would be Justin from BBUS 2 or am I wrong?

I think that the first ejected housemates were Nick (BB1 UK), Marco (BB1 Portugal) and Carlos (GH2 Spain).

Ejection Statistics

Total number of ejected Housemates = 68

Countries with the most ejections
Germany = 8
Poland = 8
UK = 8
Philippines = 7

Editions with most ejections
BB6 Germany = 3
BB8 Germany = 3

First 5 ejections
Nick: Big Brother UK 1, 17th August 2000 (influencing nominations)
Marco: Big Brother Portugal 1, 19th October 2000 (violent behaviour)
Carlos: Gran Hermano Spain 2, 5th April 2001 (threatening behaviour)
Piotr L: Big Brother Poland 1, 18th April 2001 (rule breaking)
Justin: Big Brother USA 2, July 2001 (threatening violence)

First ejection in a celebrity edition
Warwick: Celebrity Big Brother Australia 1, 1st August 2002 (indecent exposure)

Carlos: Gran Hermano Spain 2, 5th April 2001 (threatening behaviour)

I remember that Carlos was ejected by the feminist and ill treatment associations. Whit the Carlos' behaviour, another housemates had been ejected.

Back