Skip to main content

Big Brother moving back to TEN in 2015?

Hahaha I think someone on here has quickly updated the Wikipedia page for The Glass House with...

Possible Australian edition[edit]
There have been rumours suggesting that Network Ten in Australia are considering producing a local edition of the show set to air in mid 2015. The show will be called "Life In A Glasshouse" to avoid confusion with The Glass House; an unrelated comedy/talk show on the Australian ABC.

If program does go to air there will be 3 episodes a week. The first for the weekly challenge, the second for the house's limbo vote and third for the elimination with each of the episodes having a live element to reveal the results of the event that occurred in that episode. Additional programming for the show (such as limited Live Feeds) will air on Ten's companion channel 11.

Well this would explain a lot.
Why 9 seems to be winding things down - they would sort of be promoting 10s Glasshouse, and they know 10 can do this better.
Glasshouse will shit on BB, and then BB will probably move to 10.
Endemol will beg 10 to take them back to glory days :)
Did 9 just give up.

Why 9 seems to be winding things down - they would sort of be promoting 10s Glasshouse, and they know 10 can do this better.
Did 9 just give up.

What's Glasshouse?

Ch 9 hasn't signed the contract, but they still have to early next year to sign on for Big Brother 2015.

They know if they dont sign it, Ch 10 will apply for it.

So don't get your hopes up yet. Anything is possible.

Ch 9 hasn't signed the contract, but they still have to early next year to sign on for Big Brother 2015.

So @Goon, with all the absolute honesty and sincerity that you can muster, are you saying that Big Brother in Australia might not be completely dead just yet? What do you mean by "Ch 10 will apply for it" if Ch 9 don't further their contract?

Could Big Brother be the series that just keeps on giving?

What's Glasshouse?

A show that is very like BB, tried in US

The Glass House was an American reality game show that premiered on June 18, 2012 on ABC, and aired for only 1 season.[1] Fourteen contestants live in the house and compete for $250,000. Voting by viewers helped decide which contestants got sent home.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glass_House_(2012_TV_series)

And CBS sued them for copying BB, but they had also poached most of the talent from BB production and that seemed to be more the issue. Since settled.

Ryan-Reynolds-Drooling-Reaction-Gif.gif

Did 9 just give up.

I doubt The Glass House is even being considered for Ten and wouldn't they keep it a secret until closer to the auditions and airdate? Someone has just randomly put up some false information on the show's Wikipedia. I wouldn't believe anything that entry says about an Australian version. These details would have not been released yet. It's just speculation and someone trying to trick people.

Yeah, the whole thread is SPECULATION......we are all just guessing in the dark,
but the way 9 have run this thing down, just looks like they intend to dump it, with a shit rep.
Wiki has no influence over my guesses...ridiculous idea
But something decidedly strange has gone on at 9.

I think they just want something cheap to attach to the Block, and hold onto all those kiddies & Mums watching that shit.

Yep, the Block is designed around the kids watching - millions. It is a kid's show, haven't you noticed?
All the stunts, all the stupid jokes, all that shit is for the kids - who turn up on the open day in thousands.

Yep, the Block is designed around the kids watching - millions. It is a kid's show, haven't you noticed?
All the stunts, all the stupid jokes, all that shit is for the kids - who turn up on the open day in thousands.
That's kind of why I mentioned it. Even the producer mentioned it on ABC's "Reality Check"

Isn't Ch 10 currently holding - or about to be holding - auditions for a new reality show or is that another channel? I remember seeing a commercial looking for some talent (I'm from Melbourne so not everyone may have seen it), I'm pretty sure it was on 10 but I may be wrong

That's kind of why I mentioned it. Even the producer mentioned it on ABC's "Reality Check"

And that's why I hate The Block :wtf:. Channel Nine are a shitty contrived network. :yuck:

The only personality on there I like is Sonia Kruger. All the rest are up themselves. The Today team is the WORST! Who watches that shit? :wideyed:

Reactions: kxk
Hey @Goon

Do you know if there is anything in Nine's Big Brother contract that states another network can't take the rights and/or air the show until 12 months after last airing on Nine?

Thanks! :)

Hey just throwing this out there but there's an article on the big brother website that talks about what to expect in the finale next week. In the page there's a part near the end where Alex says he will talk about the past seasons AND the future of BB... I'm on my phone so I can't link it, but it seems interesting...

Back