Skip to main content

Big Brother moving back to TEN in 2015?

Well with Alex + team gearing up for the Big Brother finale and showing the "best moments" of the 11 seasons it seems it's almost definitely not returning to Nine, as we've suspected all season. I don't think Ten have the ability to pick the show up this quickly though, perhaps in 2016 but 2015 seems to soon for a network change.

Well Channel 5 in the UK managed to snatch up Big Brother the year after Channel 4 ditched it, so I don't see why not!

Any reasoning behind it? I mean Nine snapped up AGT pretty quick... There would be no reason Ten couldn't do the same with BB... That is unless Nine still held the rights...

I'm pretty sure that Seven had a clause in their contract for Australia's Got Talent that no competitor could screen a new version of the show for at least 12 months. AGT's final episode on the Seven Network aired on the 25th of July 2012. Nine premiered their version of AGT on the 11th of August 2013. This might be the same case for Nine with Big Brother which will mean a revived series on another network might not be able to air until after November 26 2015. Which would mean 2016 would the earliest option for Big Brother to return. Perhaps David Knox is aware of this in the Big Brother contract?

When was it that we found out that bb 08 would be it's final season?

I thought BB asked Ryans sister to audition for next years BB. I hope that means it coming back.

I thought BB asked Ryans sister to audition for next years BB. I hope that means it coming back.
Yeah I noticed that as well,but I just thought i was reading into a little joke too much :)

I think that was BB having a dig at everyone that says they only put good looking people and paid actors and actresses into the house.

I think that comment by BB about Ryan's sister was meant as a message to us that they will be back on Ch9.
I hope so.

I think that comment by BB about Ryan's sister was meant as a message to us that they will be back on Ch9.
I hope so.

I hope not.

How can anyone seriously want it back if it is going to continue with the same crappy treatment 9 gave it this year?

I really hope endemol is maddened by it and they either don't have it back on 9 unless it can at least match the 2013/2012 season with regards to content as a bare minimum (and that includes ending the endless double evictions) or just go back to 10.

I hope not.

How can anyone seriously want it back if it is going to continue with the same crappy treatment 9 gave it this year?

I really hope endemol is maddened by it and they either don't have it back on 9 unless it can at least match the 2013/2012 season with regards to content as a bare minimum (and that includes ending the endless double evictions) or just go back to 10.

It was Leon who said it. Does he work for Nine or Endemol?

Yesterday I was going to say I doubt this very much. As wasn't one of the reasons that ten dropped it was productions costs were too much. Ten is in an even worse financial position now than it was then. BUT then came the news that news corp wants a stake in ten. Which tbh could go either way for the future of ten.

I'm pretty sure that Seven had a clause in their contract for Australia's Got Talent that no competitor could screen a new version of the show for at least 12 months. AGT's final episode on the Seven Network aired on the 25th of July 2012. Nine premiered their version of AGT on the 11th of August 2013. This might be the same case for Nine with Big Brother which will mean a revived series on another network might not be able to air until after November 26 2015. Which would mean 2016 would the earliest option for Big Brother to return. Perhaps David Knox is aware of this in the Big Brother contract?

Thanks... That makes a lot more sense than I initally thought and completely plausable... And thank god I did some self regulation and didn't start going off like I was going to...

IMO if the speculation about GlassHouse is true it's really only a trial run... If it takes off TEN will likely continue with it and if it doesn't I could see them bringing BB back on... As much as I thought GlassHouse was a decent concept I'm not sure it was strong enough to be a full on replacement for BB... That is unless the format is given a major overhall...

As for the lawsuit, it had more to do with the fact that the majority of GlassHouse's production team was made up of people who had jumped ship from BBUS... The "similarities" between the two shows only became an issue for that fact... GlassHouse producers were accused and eventually found guilty of taking so called "trade secrets" with them over to the new production... Something I think TEN would ensure isn't happening in thier version... An eductated guess would be that Shine or Fremantel would be producing the Australian version of the format and therefor the overlap would be avoided...

@the Theorist

I hope not.

Endemol are paid regardless... Nine are really the only ones at a loss here and rightfully so...

Well Channel 5 in the UK managed to snatch up Big Brother the year after Channel 4 ditched it, so I don't see why not!
It didn't air though until about a year after it ended on C4, running Sept-Nov rather than Jun-early Sept.

I doubt Ten would want to run it at the same time of year as Nine is (it's clearly not working for them, while Seven would have House Rules and The X Factor), and getting it on air in April 2015 would be too quick a turnaround and after this disaster of a series proably not in the shows long terms interests. Early 2016 therefore seems a more likely option.

I would of thought we would have heard a little more official evidence by now if it wasn't returning, but if it is cancelled I can't see it coming back straight away, probably 2016 minimum. I'm thinking that its going to stay on nine, just take up less air time and have a lower budget. :)

I would of thought we would have heard a little more official evidence by now if it wasn't returning, but if it is cancelled I can't see it coming back straight away, probably 2016 minimum. I'm thinking that its going to stay on nine, just take up less air time and have a lower budget. :)

If they had any less airtime, all we would see is nominations and evictions. As for the lower budget, it didn't even look like they had much budget this year apart from the actual house itself.

Back