Skip to main content

Big Brother moving back to TEN in 2015?

Isn't Ch 10 currently holding - or about to be holding - auditions for a new reality show or is that another channel? I remember seeing a commercial looking for some talent (I'm from Melbourne so not everyone may have seen it), I'm pretty sure it was on 10 but I may be wrong
Gogglebox maybe

Isn't Ch 10 currently holding - or about to be holding - auditions for a new reality show or is that another channel? I remember seeing a commercial looking for some talent (I'm from Melbourne so not everyone may have seen it), I'm pretty sure it was on 10 but I may be wrong

Pretty sure that was Seven advertising a new talent show.

Has anyone seen on the BB website, the spoilers for this years finale. They mentioned "A look the future will be included in the festivities"

Like last year when Sonia announced that something new will be happening, and then they played an ad for lovechild... -_-
They say their gonna take a look back at past BB seasons and formats as well as future? But IDK we'll just have to wait for the finale I suppose

I really don't think Channel 9 have the dignity to just say they're axing the show so will pretend it's all going ahead and (unofficially) announce it for 2015 only for it to never appear in the schedules again.

I'm curious as an American viewer why BB has such trouble in Australia? I think it was the second season here when a HM held a knife to a girl's throat on live feeds he was removed and now there aren't sharp knives in the house. We've had everything from sex to racism on the feeds but we still get them and BB every summer. From what I've read BBUK did change channels but it's still on 3times a year. When BB first came to 9 in 2012, I honestly thought it was the best BB out there, real interaction between bb and the HMs, games, dinners, punishment etc. So there weren't feeds there was at least the hourly house update. Last year it seemed to only get better. This year though it is so lacking, no feeds no Friday or Sunday shows just a real let down. Why does this happen in Australia and not the US or the UK?

I read somewhere that TEN are looking at having more of a full scedual for the coming years. BB would be just that. And tbh, TEN could pull it off with a low budget. BB could make so much money for TEN. And at least we wouldn't have to worry about ratings.

I'm curious as an American viewer why BB has such trouble in Australia? I think it was the second season here when a HM held a knife to a girl's throat on live feeds he was removed and now there aren't sharp knives in the house. We've had everything from sex to racism on the feeds but we still get them and BB every summer. From what I've read BBUK did change channels but it's still on 3times a year. When BB first came to 9 in 2012, I honestly thought it was the best BB out there, real interaction between bb and the HMs, games, dinners, punishment etc. So there weren't feeds there was at least the hourly house update. Last year it seemed to only get better. This year though it is so lacking, no feeds no Friday or Sunday shows just a real let down. Why does this happen in Australia and not the US or the UK?
As an outsider I'm firmly of the belief Australian TV is run by idiots.

The commercial channels are ridiculous - programming always runs way over the slot under the guise of being competitive (started out running over a couple of minutes so people miss the start of rival shows, and now it's regularly 20 minutes!). Scheduling is only locked in days before broadcast (even a new series can be at less than a weeks notice), and often changes last minute anyway - it's amazing with attitudes like this that Aussies even bother with TV. And finally networks don't think twice about announcing shows that never make it to air - that's why I fully expect that Channel 9 will say Big Brother is returning and then it just won't.

All the Aussie TV execs when challenged on these issues make the argument about it being a competitive market and try and spin it in the interest of the viewers - but the US market is far more competitive and they manage not only to run shows to time but also schedule months in advance. While Aussie viewers don't have much idea what's on a few days the US networks have released their schedules for shows starting in January and in March.

British TV manages to run to schedule too - shows only overrun for genuine reasons (overruning live events) and schedules are locked in about two weeks before broadcast, while most shows get a slot and keep the slot - not move about at the whim of the network.

As an outsider I'm firmly of the belief Australian TV is run by idiots.

The commercial channels are ridiculous - programming always runs way over the slot under the guise of being competitive (started out running over a couple of minutes so people miss the start of rival shows, and now it's regularly 20 minutes!). Scheduling is only locked in days before broadcast (even a new series can be at less than a weeks notice), and often changes last minute anyway - it's amazing with attitudes like this that Aussies even bother with TV. And finally networks don't think twice about announcing shows that never make it to air - that's why I fully expect that Channel 9 will say Big Brother is returning and then it just won't.

All the Aussie TV execs when challenged on these issues make the argument about it being a competitive market and try and spin it in the interest of the viewers - but the US market is far more competitive and they manage not only to run shows to time but also schedule months in advance. While Aussie viewers don't have much idea what's on a few days the US networks have released their schedules for shows starting in January and in March.

British TV manages to run to schedule too - shows only overrun for genuine reasons (overruning live events) and schedules are locked in about two weeks before broadcast, while most shows get a slot and keep the slot - not move about at the whim of the network.
That's probably one of the reasons Australians are touted as the most prolific torrent pirates per capita.

Back