Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Season 2 Discussion [SPOILERS]

so you have PICKED a winner, unlike Andrew and Sabrina who just pick their nose. i don't like Kenny at all, he thinks he can win as well

i'm not sure how they do decide on the winner, is it like Survivor? of the 2 that have been evicted, Andrew and Kenny have given them the worst goodbyes, so maybe they won't give their vote to them

i agree about Heather being put down. Sabrina put her nose, and her whole body, in that cubicle, probably when it wasn't wanted

HAHA Picked.

Yeah it's like survivor, there is a final 2 and a jury, not sure how many people will be on the jury though, maybe Kingston knows. I do know that Anick and kyle won't be on the jury. Perhaps when the jury starts Kendrew (see what I did there) will start saying nicer things in their goodbye messages.

Slobrina is the one going around making all the girls hate on each other and honestly I hate hate HATE Slobrina, but she is playing well atm, I just am hoping that she is exposed soon and put on the block because you know that it will be an interesting week of feeds when Slobrina is nominated. Her meltdown will be EPIC!!!

HAHA Picked.

Yeah it's like survivor, there is a final 2 and a jury, not sure how many people will be on the jury though, maybe Kingston knows. I do know that Anick and kyle won't be on the jury. Perhaps when the jury starts Kendrew (see what I did there) will start saying nicer things in their goodbye messages.

Slobrina is the one going around making all the girls hate on each other and honestly I hate hate HATE Slobrina, but she is playing well atm, I just am hoping that she is exposed soon and put on the block because you know that it will be an interesting week of feeds when Slobrina is nominated. Her meltdown will be EPIC!!!

Sabrina is meaner than any of the 'Mean Girls'. she is very aggressive, not only verbally, but also in the touch sense as well, i would lose it with her instantly

that is a shame they won't be on the jury, but i am hoping the others will see them eventually for who they are, no mater how much Kendrew suck up to them

i like the ship, boo Kendrew boo

What a great show today, Allison is Awesome, HG's got alcohol tonight and everyone was having fun.

Allison has been a breathe of fresh air in the house.
2 couples have kissed now 1 probably not serious.
Scott was a very tired act he was a sloth most of the time and turned on his show only in short bursts.
I think tons of people are playing very hard (some are bad at it,but almost all are playing hard).
I don't think Heather is getting a fair shake but she isn't being genuine and everyone can see it.
Sabrina is right in the middle of most of the chaos that happens in the house, Allison will get her if she gets the chance.

no, i think his religion has a part to play in his personality. maybe you are getting the gay vibe from that, i don't know, but he is such a sweetie. i like Jon, but i'm not sure if it is just his looks that i like :p he seems very keen on Sarah

i still wanted Scott to enter, they have enough serious game players in there, they didn't need to add another. the house needs more fun, a lot more fun
Scott would have been a part timer in the house kind of like Benny entertaining once in a while, you will see why most of the live feeders love Allison.

Scott would have been a part timer in the house kind of like Benny entertaining once in a while, you will see why most of the live feeders love Allison.

Scott wasn't one dimensional like Ben, i think he would have been more than just entertainment

i watched the interaction between Andrew and Allison, and Sabrina is not impressed by their banter. Allison might be his downfall, i hope, anything to break up that alliance will be good. i am also happy Jon sees Andrew as the complete tool box, maybe a shift of power will come soon

i would love if someone hid Rachelle's heels, she looks like she should be in Vegas, working. she has zero personality, but a ton of vanity. i don't think she will be going anywhere anytime soon though

Last edited:
i would love if someone hid Rachelle's heels, she looks like she should be in Vegas, working. she has zero personality, but a ton of vanity. i don't think she will be going anywhere anytime soon though

Could not agree more!!! Rachelle just turns up into conversations and sits down, say nothing and has this bored look on her face. Slobrina has complete control over this one (which probably was not that hard to get).

Scott wasn't one dimensional like Ben, i think he would have been more than just entertainment

i watched the interaction between Andrew and Allison, and Sabrina is not impressed by their banter. Allison might be his downfall, i hope, anything to break up that alliance will be good. i am also happy Jon sees Andrew as the complete tool box, maybe a shift of power will come soon

I honestly think he would have been much worse because he is lazy and most if not all of his act is cliche over the top drag queen crap

So glad Allison got in and Scott didn't - and from Side Show it seemed he knew Gary too from last year - hate it when HMs seem to have links to ex-HMs.

Kenny and Andrew seem to be set up for a fall - bit like Tom last year. Kenny is absolutely controlling that house and orchestrated last weeks eviction, though Kyle (probably a winner in the public vote version) did himself no favours by accepting his fate. I think they'd have been enough people in there willing to make deals if he'd only tried.

I couldn't stand Kyle at the start and now I love him. That's a huge part of why I'm a BB fan - it confronts the judgements I want to make about people. I love that when it happens.

Hopefully Allison is good value, the show needs someone who isn't a sheep.

Loving Adel. Loyalty is very attractive.
I don't think he's gay, as a few have suggested. I think he's gentle and genuine. Plus from my experience, Muslim men often have a really close connection to other men, which could appear ambiguous to outsiders. But who knows, and not that anyone here seems overly fussed, but who cares?!?!

Oooh and I love the Side Show. Gary is such a nice person and Peter is such an astute fan. It isn't exactly perfect, but it is still fun to watch.

I stole this from another forum, I thought it was an interesting read on how the "Live Shows" are made.

So if you haven’t read up on any taping info for this season’s BBCan, the show is taped in downtown Toronto at a Lakeshore TV studio. They are using two sound stages for the show, one for the show’s FOTH set, and then a totally different stage for the actual house. My buddy and I arrived for the taping at about 4pm. We got our tickets and saw that we had floor seats (!!) just in front of Arissa. You can see the back of our heads a few times :)

We were lead to our seats at around 4:45pm. I’d say that most of the place filled up, but they still had plenty of seats left over for those that were waiting in the rush line. The stage manager, Sue, pointed out that if you come down on any given eviction night and wait in the rush line, you pretty much will get into the taping, they always have extra seats. Before the show started taping, Sue also spoiled that Neda was taken off the block and Kyle was put in her spot. A bunch of people gasped, as I guess she thought that everyone would have known that spoiler by now, but I guess about half of the people there didn’t know who won PoV and what happened. Neda had some of her friends in the audience, but no one else of significance was there.

The taping then started as you see on the show. The audience gets to see the same video clips as you see on TV on the garage door of the house set. For the seats that can’t see the set (those sitting right beside the set facing outwards), they erected a large screen at the back for them to watch, which wasn’t there on the first night of taping and I guess they realized they needed a way for them to see too. You can hear some of our reactions to the videos on the episode.

During the commercial break, Sue went around and asked if people had questions for her. One guy said that he thought the Divergent challenge was the best one they’ve done (not really a question…), another guy asked where the actual house was compared to the set. It’s actually about a 4 minute walk from the doors you see on the set, and the doors to the house. During the next video package, Adel and Kyle were getting a pretty good edit. The crowd was really into Jon and LOL’d at the “tool box” comment. They are giving Andrew a pretty bad edit, wow. The “outsiders” scene was also getting tons of laughs.

Then things got crazy…

During the commercial break, they were getting ready for Arisa to cut to the house and start the voting. You may notice on the show that the HGs don’t really give a big welcome to Arisa… well that’s because it was like the 7th time they tried to go live to the house! Arisa has a wireless clicker she uses to speak to the HGs in the house. They did a test to see if it worked… all was good. So they then started the live shot, and the HGs would say that Arisa was cutting in and out and couldn’t really hear. They tried again (intro speech and all), same result. They did about 4 takes, nothing doing. A bit of panic was in the air, and the directors met and thought about what to do. They thought that maybe the frequency of the wifi device was off since they were far from the actual house, or maybe that the cell phones in the audience were causing the disruptions. They decided to have Sue take the clicker and use it backstage, closer to the house, but then Arisa said that wouldn’t work because she wouldn’t know when she was live to the house or not, and what she could or couldn’t say. So they talked again and decided to use a wired clicker. They needed to test this with the HGs again, so they did and it worked! But now they needed to check to see if it would work in the Diary room too, so they hauled Kenny in there to test it out. He literally sat in the DR chair for about 10 minutes waiting… and waiting… and grooming his beard… and nothing was going through. More panic among the directors and producers, and they all met with Arisa on stage to figure out what to do. Kenny meanwhile is just sitting there and then Sue starts having a fake conversation with him on the screen which was actually quite funny. They send Kenny back, and finally they decide to get rid of the clicker, and just control the mics from backstage, and gave Arisa prompts as to when she could speak freely to the audience, and when she was live to the HGs. They brought Kenny back into the DR, tested, and it all worked! You then get to see the result of all of this on the episode. You could tell that Kyle knew he was a goner and just wanted this to end but they kept redoing it LOL.

When Kyle got evicted, they cut the taping and waited for Kyle to walk to the set. Sue looked for more questions from the audience and someone asked about Marsha the Moose. Sue said that Marsha was in a box somewhere and they couldn’t find her (the show moved sets from last year, I guess they couldn’t find that prop ha!). Apparently, the HGs could hear what Sue was saying through her mic in the house! You’ll see later in the HoH comp that there a magazine in the background saying that Marsha went to rehab LOL.

You see the magic of editing when Arisa introduces Kyle to the crowd, it was about 10 minutes later after eviction. Kyle didn’t put his bag down, it was awkward seeing him talk swinging his mini bag LOL. He said he was in rehab?? Not sure what that was about.

The HoH comp went as you see on TV. We could see that answer on Arisa’s teleprompter, so when Ika was the only one who picked “Rumour” for the 4 live chickens, we all knew she had won at that point (you can’t hear but there was a big gasp from the crowd). The crowd loved that she won, and so did I. Should stir things up quite a bit! Right before commercial, the camera pans in front of Arisa and my head is right in the bottom left corner!

Sue asked the crowd who they thought would be the #FinalHG. Nate had no support, Scott had the most, and Allison still had a lot (she was my pick, best gamer). We then see Allison get picked, sweet!

I love that we got that nice behind the scenes shot of Allison walking into the house. The crowd was laughing a lot during this. You can hear Allison say “Am I the first one here?” and then start her story of her thinking she didn’t realize they were all there. Good start to her story, she’s a gamer!

During the break between real show and side show, they do a set change where they take all of the floor seats and move them into the set, which you can then see people sitting in the background for the sideshow. There was about a 20 minutes break to get that set up, and people had a pee break. I bet a ton of spoiler info was then tweeted in that break.

Arisa is AMAZING off camera. She was chatting it up with the crowd, talking strategy and decision making. You can tell she actually watches and follows the show and is really into it. We actually got to watch Allison talk with the HGs during the set change, and she was very careful to stay with the main group. There were splinter groups going off though, and they all were talking about how she must be some weird twist, and to test her story out from all angles.

The Sideshow went just like you saw on TV. The only thing I noticed was that I think they decided last minute to tell Kyle about the #FinalHG twist. Originally they had Kyle leave the set for the last segment, but then they brought him back and surprised him about Allison.

Lastly, after the Sideshow ended, they actually filmed one last segment… they gathered the HGs again in the living room, with Allison, and told them all that she HAS IMMUNITY for the week, and won’t compete in the Veto comp. I think they wanted that in the actual show, but it might get edited into the show on Sunday. Spoiler alert, I guess ;)

That was it, fun night! A great season is in the works for sure!

Thanks for stealing that from elsewhere - very interesting read and explains why they record the "live" shows so early, though surely if virtually every other country can manage live evictions BB Canada could do - things like testing the link to the house should surely be sorted pre-series and again tested pre-show (and why call Kenny to the DR for a test when there is surely a runner who could do that job!)

Also interesting to know where the new studios are and how far away the "front" actually is. It was blatantly obvious the front doors weren't a hop across the corridor but I always assumed they were just a flight of stairs apart (might have been last year).

Back to the show and Ika and Neda having a chance to shine this week as the boys take a backseat - Neda probably a far bigger threat than anyone in there realises. Sadly I think Allison will get picked off sooner rather than later - was surprised she got a full weeks immunity. I thought as she went in after the HoH she wouldn't be eligible for being nominated initially but would be eligible to compete in the Veto and be nominated afterwards.

Also wish the TV show would just include one brief segment explaining why Jon has his arm in a sling - just seems odd they're completely ignoring that.

Dear [MENTION=19441]the Theorist[/MENTION],

Who cares about the beard???

[youtubevid]1d-uJYHSMbo[/youtubevid]

That said initially I might have been slightly turned off by it myself... That's not to say I'm not a sucker for a scruffy boy... Now... I wouldn't kick him out of bed for anything...

Last edited:
Thanks for stealing that from elsewhere - very interesting read and explains why they record the "live" shows so early, though surely if virtually every other country can manage live evictions BB Canada could do - things like testing the link to the house should surely be sorted pre-series and again tested pre-show (and why call Kenny to the DR for a test when there is surely a runner who could do that job!)

Also interesting to know where the new studios are and how far away the "front" actually is. It was blatantly obvious the front doors weren't a hop across the corridor but I always assumed they were just a flight of stairs apart (might have been last year).

Back to the show and Ika and Neda having a chance to shine this week as the boys take a backseat - Neda probably a far bigger threat than anyone in there realises. Sadly I think Allison will get picked off sooner rather than later - was surprised she got a full weeks immunity. I thought as she went in after the HoH she wouldn't be eligible for being nominated initially but would be eligible to compete in the Veto and be nominated afterwards.

Also wish the TV show would just include one brief segment explaining why Jon has his arm in a sling - just seems odd they're completely ignoring that.

The house can't actually be that far from the studio... It's impossible... As the studio is above the actually living room it's possible the wireless devise is out of range, however the space between the doors can't be much further than it was last year... As the gap wasn't a noticeable last year it couldn't have been much larger than this years bathroom... That said the gap might only have been enlarged as a means of breaking the sound barrier between the studio and the house... It's not as if the studio is miles or blocks away from the actual house... Meters difference if that...

This was certainly written by someone who is unfamiliar with live TV and who really isn't up to date with how a live BB eviction works south of the boarder... We have someone was obviously starstruck and who might not have understood, what we see on TV is not necessarily how things are filmed... There is nothing in this story that is new or insightful... That also goes for the person who shared it...

Last edited:
Back