Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Season 2 Discussion [SPOILERS]

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
I can't be bothered to recap the entire episode however I thought it was an improvement over last year... However I still feel things are too rushed having an eviction take place on the second night...

Now the show starts out with Arisa explaining the theme this year which is like many BB's over the past year is SECRETS! The first and biggest secret will involve Canada... The secrets hidden everywhere in the house including the walls... We see a few shots of some hiding places... Rumor has it Marsha is back this season and is most likely hidden in the wall of the DR airlock... Canada will play and even bigger role in the game than ever before...

A good portion of the night is spent introducing the HG's which is a major blunder considering we have a weeks worth of activities thrown in to two one hour episodes...

25 minutes in to episode and we have our first HoH comp called Ice breaker... HG's are standing on blocks of ice for as long as they can... The last person that remains on the ice block is the HoH...

Paul made a deal with the remaining 6 people and is HoH

No nominations in this episode and no real interactions between HG's as of yet...

The never before seen twist...

TBH this really isn't an original twist as BB Mzansi launched with something similar twist... they really should research this stuff before they make outrageous claims...

3 potential HG's will live in a secret room and Canada will choose 1 of them to move in to the house...

The house looks even better on TV than it has elsewhere... The HG's all seem pretty decent and are a major improvement over BBUS... The theme this year should be interesting as long as things are executed better than they were last year...

I agree with you kingston that the first episode spent a lot of time introducing the HGs. It is also very similar if not the same as how BBUSA introduces their HGs.

I really liked the HOH comp, but I don't understand why they had to be wearing their swimming costumes though. At least what the men wore was tight and revealing.

I remember from the one and only episode that I watched last year the host Arisa would sort of lean forward with her shoulders when she was talking to the camera, maybe over last season she stopped doing that, but thank god she is not doing it anymore!

So far I don't feel as though I know any of the HGs. The only person who stood out to me as somebody to watch is the chick who looks like Rachael Riley. I'll eventually remember her name.

Kingston sums it up really. Only complaint was stopping for applause after every single sentence - very annoying!

I agree with you kingston that the first episode spent a lot of time introducing the HGs. It is also very similar if not the same as how BBUSA introduces their HGs.

I really liked the HOH comp, but I don't understand why they had to be wearing their swimming costumes though. At least what the men wore was tight and revealing.

I remember from the one and only episode that I watched last year the host Arisa would sort of lean forward with her shoulders when she was talking to the camera, maybe over last season she stopped doing that, but thank god she is not doing it anymore!

So far I don't feel as though I know any of the HGs. The only person who stood out to me as somebody to watch is the chick who looks like Rachael Riley. I'll eventually remember her name.

The way they are entering is different but in a similar style to the US version... Canada spent a lot more time introducing the HG's... In the US the introduction VT includes all of the HG's and is usually only about 10 minutes... The group are then assembled in FOTH, Juile will talk for a few moments, and then they are called in small groups to enter the house...

TBH I'm not sure why the HG's the swim suits were so skimpy... Sex appeal maybe? That said I believe the reasoning had to do with the fact that BB wanted the HG's to be as uncomfortable as possible during the competition... Endurance comps usually result in deals and I think they thought the more uncomfortable the HG's were during the comp the more likely it would result in some sort of deal...

As for Arisa she does seem to be a bit more polished this season... I know she said that she likes to read about the show online and loves hearing fans opinions, so the fact that she had a lot of mixed reviews probably helped in that department... Now last night was pre-taped last week some time they might have re-shot a lot of the footage from last night to give her a more polished look... I really didn't notice a drastic change in her hosting during the last series though...

This BB Canada thing is actually quiet fun because my FB is lighting up with people that know people that know HG's and such... A drag queen friend of mine knows Scott and a friend of mine from my high school days used to work with Heather... And apparently they attended auditions together... I also heard rumblings about someone having met Kenny a few times...

If they are going to drag out introducing the HGs so long I think they might as well do a live launch - it's another point of difference from the US version and frankly if they do a live launch with the first 40 minutes or so getting the HGs in and the last 20 minutes (barely 10 with the ads removed) being the HoH comp that should work well enough, as that's all we really got today.

If they are going to drag out introducing the HGs so long I think they might as well do a live launch - it's another point of difference from the US version and frankly if they do a live launch with the first 40 minutes or so getting the HGs in and the last 20 minutes (barely 10 with the ads removed) being the HoH comp that should work well enough, as that's all we really got today.

I suppose a live launch would work but that would also mean the episodes would need to be more evenly spaced throughout the week... I don't mind the prerecorded launch but they need to increase the launch to two hours to ensure we have at least a decent taste of character development and storyline... Feeds were cut today around 11 my time which is two hours behind BB time and the HG's were asleep last night when I got home... After Dark airs at a useless time as well and I don't have cable... So right now the HG's are just 2D characters...

loving this, but the host is a shocker. the contestants are great, and i love the house, although the bedroom is a bit too bright and cold, not really sleepover material. the guy who made the deal is a goner soon i would say, but i really don't know how the Canadians play this game. hoping the drag queen is voted to stay, there are characters in there already similar to the other 2

loving this, but the host is a shocker. the contestants are great, and i love the house, although the bedroom is a bit too bright and cold, not really sleepover material. the guy who made the deal is a goner soon i would say, but i really don't know how the Canadians play this game. hoping the drag queen is voted to stay, there are characters in there already similar to the other 2

Arisa (sp?) is a good host, Paul will be gone VERY soon, Allison is awesome I don't know how she wasn't an original HG, the old drag queen is just tired and he is cliche as they come, I think it will be between these 2 for the vote in but she is great. Allison is a student of the game and has some maturity I don't see much of that in the house especially from the girls.

Last edited:
It's like The Price is Right does Big Brother.

People actually WHOOP! Do people really WHOOP in real life?

Well that 2nd episode had to put a lot of content in and we did not get to see why Anick was voted out over Ika. I guess Anick is a little weird and people just wanted her out for that reason.

So from here on out we will be getting a lot more game talk and story development.

I've been watching the LF and I have to say that the bedroom is a mess!

Arisa (sp?) is a good host, Paul will be gone VERY soon, Allison is awesome I don't know how she wasn't an original HG, the old drag queen is just tired and he is cliche as they come, I think it will be between these 2 for the vote in but she is great. Allison is a student of the game and has some maturity I don't see much of that in the house especially from the girls.

IMO Arisa was horribly awkward when she was introducing the secret HG's... I think she runs in to trouble when she's trying to convey enthusiasm and at moments where she feels she can be unscripted... To me it comes across as she is trying too hard and sometimes it's pretty painful to watch...

Overall I like her as a host but there is still a lot of room for her to improve...

all the time, but i use the word BIG in front of it

tell me please, how did you get your avatar moving, and what is on her face? :rolleyes:

Standard animated gif technology... and s'only toothpaste :)

The HOUSEGUESTS vote for the evictions??? That's too damn weird for me.
And all this telling us their game plans and that being a GOOD thing?
This is SO nothing like UKBB, I'm not sure I can get into it.

Last edited:
IMO Arisa was horribly awkward when she was introducing the secret HG's... I think she runs in to trouble when she's trying to convey enthusiasm and at moments where she feels she can be unscripted... To me it comes across as she is trying too hard and sometimes it's pretty painful to watch...

Overall I like her as a host but there is still a lot of room for her to improve...

agreed ..... and the after show was painful except Jillian

still not warming to the host. the eviction was really short and cold, like a 'yeah, whatever, see you later, off you go'. it was weird and sad

i don't like Andrew or Kyle, rude arrogant s.......

i am going for Adel at this stage, and i'm still hoping Scott is voted in

anyone else have trouble with the audio? they need to be told to adjust their mics

Is the vote for the 15th HG online or by phone. If it's online hopefully it'll be mean the live feed watchers influence it more than the broadcast viewers.

P.S. Gary a million times more annoying on Side Show than he was as a houseguest. For Peter it's kind of the other way round - his segment in the War Room was pretty good.

Is the vote for the 15th HG online or by phone. If it's online hopefully it'll be mean the live feed watchers influence it more than the broadcast viewers.

P.S. Gary a million times more annoying on Side Show than he was as a houseguest. For Peter it's kind of the other way round - his segment in the War Room was pretty good.

100% online... You need to earn points in the twistos game in order to vote on anything... Just like the PowerShift last year...

still not warming to the host. the eviction was really short and cold, like a 'yeah, whatever, see you later, off you go'. it was weird and sad

i don't like Andrew or Kyle, rude arrogant s.......

i am going for Adel at this stage, and i'm still hoping Scott is voted in

anyone else have trouble with the audio? they need to be told to adjust their mics

At least Arisa is trying to show some personality... Watch some early BBUS... Julie Chen has really only just hit her stride over the last 5 or 6 seasons...

That being said I'm really surprised with Arisa as she started on a reality show and her job there involved a lot of live stuff...

Back