Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada: Season 2 Discussion [SPOILERS]

Arisa is absolutely fine. She'll show more interest in the HGs once she (and us) have a clue who they are - so far we've seen next to nothing as the two shows have been 95% around the format of the show, with little chance to see them during their downtime.

Arisa is absolutely fine. She'll show more interest in the HGs once she (and us) have a clue who they are - so far we've seen next to nothing as the two shows have been 95% around the format of the show, with little chance to see them during their downtime.

i think it is because i have only watched BBAU i am finding it hard to adjust to the different format. the fact they vote off the HG themselves makes it a different game, they are not there trying to appeal to the public, and that HOH has the power, apart from POV, it's a very self contained show

did anyone cringe when Ika was telling her bridesmaid story? was a definite WTF moment for me. keep that info to yourself girl :eek:

They have gone off the rails already..... they shut off the live feeds for most of the last 2 days because of bickering, fighting, and nastiness.

I like Arissa. I thought it was a tough gig interviewing an evictee after one day. Imagine if they showed packages of their time in the house - would be a short package. I wish Anick had stayed longer too. Would like to see what sort of strategy a 'love revolutionist' would have in a US-styled house.

I thought the have-not room was a little lame. The chairs are like the room Louisa and Lionel were banished to in CBBUK; and the beds are nowhere near as annoying as they were in BBAU, though that might change once broad-shouldered muscular men are in them instead of skinny women. However, I do like the height of the ceiling, so cruel that you can't even stand up.

I like Arissa. I thought it was a tough gig interviewing an evictee after one day. Imagine if they showed packages of their time in the house - would be a short package.

Actually HG's had been in the house 8 days prior to the first eviction...

Okay, so I've watched the first fortnight's worth of episodes. It's... interesting, but I'm kinda struggling to find a "draw point" for the season so far. There's nothing really specific grabbing my interest thus far but I am enjoying watching it, even just for the observation.

Until last Wednesday's episode, I can't say I took a liking to any HG. I definitely haven't taken a liking towards Andrew and Jon though, and Paul is very sly. I haaaaated Arlie from the moment he stepped on stage in the first episode. Seriously, words cannot describe how much I wanted to punch him in the face that whole ep... and still do!

I am very mutual when it comes to Kenny. I see him as the biggest threat in that house by far. My thoughts about him are somewhat undecided for the time being, but I do think he is probably the most complex character of the group. He knows exactly what he's doing in there. He is definitely one to look out for. (Except that beard has GOT to go! :p)

I have an unexpected soft spot for Adel - he is probably my favourite HG at the moment. I was actually so devastated when Kyle got evicted. Alongside Adel, there was something really genuine about their "bromance" (...borderline homoerotic though, if I may add...) and I didn't expect to like either of them as much as I do. I think where Kyle went wrong in the end was the fact that he was too nice for this particular style of Big Brother. In this version, you need to be coniving and a game player. Kyle is a decent person - his speech outside the house, as well as his "why you should save me" speech before elimination are both examples of the type of guy he came across as. At least to me anyway. He seemed selfless and honest. Unfortunately, you can't be "real" in the house, otherwise you're gonna be cut.

By the way, I found Arisa to be very "wooden" when Kyle went "out of script" and said his little message on stage. It's like she couldn't handle not knowing what was about to be said or how to react to what was said, which was disappointing.

I don't really have many thoughts on the girls right now, but I do kinda like Ika and Sabrina.

I suspect they have used recent seasons of BBAU (and, in turn, BBUK) as inspiration for a lot of their ideas this season. I've noticed a couple of little things from BBAU being touched upon, which is cool.

I almost forgot about the Mystery HG's! All I have to say is thank f**k Scott didn't get in! Scott and Allison irritated me to tears together in that room. I actually would have really liked to have seen Nate become a full HG. I sensed that there was potential for a very interesting character to emerge from Nate had he been given the chance to enter the house. Whether it'd been good or bad, he seemed like he could have been an interesting person to watch develop.

Apart from that, I guess I'll see how long I can stick it out this time round. It's always good to watch Big Brother, no matter the country.

Adel is very genuine, and i loved the way he was embarrassed by the girls dressing. Kyle mellowed dramatically in defeat, and i am surprised i didn't want him leaving at the end. Sabrina has to go, she is schoolyard at it's worst. if she went, the F5 would lose an enormous amount of power. i actually liked Arisa on the Side Show, she showed more personality, but get her a chair to sit on please

But... can I juuuuuuusttt put this out there... does anyone else's gaydar go off a little with him?

no, i think his religion has a part to play in his personality. maybe you are getting the gay vibe from that, i don't know, but he is such a sweetie. i like Jon, but i'm not sure if it is just his looks that i like :p he seems very keen on Sarah

i still wanted Scott to enter, they have enough serious game players in there, they didn't need to add another. the house needs more fun, a lot more fun

i still wanted Scott to enter, they have enough serious game players in there, they didn't need to add another. the house needs more fun, a lot more fun

After watching a lot of the live feeds and watching videos of stuff I've missed when I have not been able to watch the Live feeds, I have formed the opinion that there is only a few people who are playing the game. They would be Kenny, who has the entire house in his back pocket except for Adel and Paul. Andrew is a recruit and is just following Kenny's lead. Arlie is part of the 1st 5 alliance but is laying low atm and it seems that he is not on anybody's radar. Sabrina or Slobrina as I like to call her is running circles around the rest of the girls she is playing everyone off each other, but hopefully it will blow up in her face soon. Ika has said that she does not trust Sabrina, but continues to talk game with her. Honestly the girls in the house are FUCKING STUPID!!!! They all deserve to get voted out one by one for their stupidity. Right now it seems to be Kenny's game to lose.

Also everyone seems to hate heather, all the girls bitch about her constantly and I feel so bad for her, the other day she was in the bathroom crying and I just wished I could giver her a hug!

So far the only people in the house that I actually like are Adel and Heather. Everyone else is just mean, stupid, annoying or has bad hygiene.

After watching a lot of the live feeds and watching videos of stuff I've missed when I have not been able to watch the Live feeds, I have formed the opinion that there is only a few people who are playing the game. They would be Kenny, who has the entire house in his back pocket except for Adel and Paul. Andrew is a recruit and is just following Kenny's lead. Arlie is part of the 1st 5 alliance but is laying low atm and it seems that he is not on anybody's radar. Sabrina or Slobrina as I like to call her is running circles around the rest of the girls she is playing everyone off each other, but hopefully it will blow up in her face soon. Ika has said that she does not trust Sabrina, but continues to talk game with her. Honestly the girls in the house are FUCKING STUPID!!!! They all deserve to get voted out one by one for their stupidity. Right now it seems to be Kenny's game to lose.

Also everyone seems to hate heather, all the girls bitch about her constantly and I feel so bad for her, the other day she was in the bathroom crying and I just wished I could giver her a hug!

So far the only people in the house that I actually like are Adel and Heather. Everyone else is just mean, stupid, annoying or has bad hygiene.

so you have PICKED a winner, unlike Andrew and Sabrina who just pick their nose. i don't like Kenny at all, he thinks he can win as well

i'm not sure how they do decide on the winner, is it like Survivor? of the 2 that have been evicted, Andrew and Kenny have given them the worst goodbyes, so maybe they won't give their vote to them

i agree about Heather being put down. Sabrina put her nose, and her whole body, in that cubicle, probably when it wasn't wanted

Back