Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia Media Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was also confirmed in the same article that Big Brother will most likely (for the first time in Australia) start at 7:30pm weekdays as of this year, which is fantastic news.

So is the front page 2014 scheduling suggestion blog post slowly taking effect then? ;) Hey I can dream can't I? :p

Last edited:
7:30's a good start but IMO it's still too early for BB...

You may think that it is too early, 8:30 is the next time slot where more adult things (I swear I've seen boobs and the word fuck at 8:30) can be shown. Sadly the 8:30 time slot does not rate as high as 7pm or 7:30pm. In a perfect world I would love BB to start at the same time as BBUK, but first I think the Australian population needs to grow by about 30 million.

Gossip rag-type stuff. Ed/Jade seems true, as far as I can tell, but Drew and Tully have basically called it fiction. There was a similar article just prior that didn't even have his name right, so...grain of salt on stuff that doesn't come straight from the parties involved, I guess.

Duh.........

1st sentence of the my post you and Theorist refer to................

Not a fuck up, it's called a fuck you
..........intentionally demoting famewhores, what was his name again.........hmm, but it should have been Tully they targeted.

Skim read, whatever, and whenever.........but weird to refer to a post you haven't read.

And I repeat - zero media interest in BB Hms

Big Brother lovers Anthony Drew and Tully Smyth have split hints red-faced Drew
426123-2f086aee-7c18-11e3-8cdb-58f79d3137a3.jpg

FORMER Big Brother housemate Anthony (Drew) Drew has all but confirmed that he and Tully Smyth's relationship is over.

Drew and a small Melbourne squad of fellow BB housemates were among the guests at Sunday night's exclusive Crown IMG Tennis Players' Party at Breezes restaurant on Sunday night.

When approached about the current status of what was one of the biggest love affairs on reality TV last year, a red-faced Drew said, "Why don't you ask Tully."

When asked whether he was banned about saying anything about his personal life by the BB producers, he said, "No, it's not that. It's just that I am a gentleman."

He spent most of the night at the neon-themed party, which went on until midnight, hanging with the group and said that he is busy going to "plenty of auditions".

But the night was really about the tennis players and with many of the matches not on until Tuesday, they were in the mood to enjoy the Crown hospitality.

Among them Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova and Li Na.

Joining in the festivities in a sea of neon sequins was Julia Morris, who confessed that when it came to tennis, she had no clue about the players at all.

"You'd think that if I was coming to a tennis party, I would have brushed up on it," she wailed. "But when they asked me on the red carpet who my favourite tennis player was, I said 'Bjorn Borg' - but then I thought for a horrible moment, 'isn't he the one that died'?"

Meanwhile getting almost as much attention as Nadal was soccer star Harry Kewell who arrived with his wife Sheree but couldn't be tempted on to the dance floor.

Last edited:
7:30's a good start but IMO it's still too early for BB...

For someone that appears to be quite informed about the Australian tv landscape, I'm taken aback that you don't realise BB is aimed at the family demographic for maximum revenue/profit. Targeting the show specifically to adults would not be even considered by execs as it would mean less sources to draw revenue from.

I don't like it either but that's the price we pay for BB being on an FTA network. Their number 1 priority is to milk a show as much as possible hence why BB has been slotted in the 7pm - 8pm timeslot for most of its history.

You may think that it is too early, 8:30 is the next time slot where more adult things (I swear I've seen boobs and the word fuck at 8:30) can be shown. Sadly the 8:30 time slot does not rate as high as 7pm or 7:30pm. In a perfect world I would love BB to start at the same time as BBUK, but first I think the Australian population needs to grow by about 30 million.

Again this is the old archaic Australian ratings system at play... CBS took a huge risk with Survivor in a time where other shows were traditionally winding down and networks were traditionally airing reruns... TBH a sake up is totally what the Australian market needs... Whomever they are all too afraid to take the risk...

Catching up on the Post BB - Housemates Antics thread, don't think this one got posted in here?

attachment.php

Neither are especially photogenic are they?

Looking at that pic, both jowly/double chin thing going on. Both have crows feet and bags.

Both desperately in need of a good hairdresser.

And they both desperately need a stylist.

Good grief, Daily Mail UK is going through some weird Aussie partnership deal, so Timmy lands this.............

Big Brother Australia winner Tim Dormer tries to sell his wisdom teeth on eBay (and gets a $100k bid)[/B]
article-2541072-1ABABD7900000578-453_634x431.jpg
Last year the reality star posted a screenshot of the $250,000 Big Brother prize money that had been deposited into his account - only to realise he hadn’t removed his bank details.

And it would appear the social media blunders continue for 29-year-old Tim Dormer who attempted to sell his newly pulled wisdom teeth online on Friday.

couple of pictures and more text if your interested - link:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...m-teeth-eBay-gets-100k-bid.html#ixzz2qdzZmJSg

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...m-teeth-eBay-gets-100k-bid.html#ixzz2qdzSD0cd

Tully disarms critics with YouTube quips
MARIA LEWIS SYDNEY CONFIDENTIAL - THE DAILY TELEGRAPH - JANUARY 21, 2014 12:13PM

685218-0ab35086-819b-11e3-9ce1-b10e1a59eb0c.jpg

HATERS gonna hate, at least that's the motto of Big Brother star Tully Smyth.

The outspoken housemate - who is best known for her on again/off again relationship with Drew - has taken to YouTube to address her critics in a series of tongue-in-cheek videos.

Smyth began posting the clips last fortnight.

"It's come to my attention that a lot of you have some pretty strong opinions and views on me ... so I thought I'd share some of my favourite comments," she says in the first video Tully Lovin' - Volume 1.

In the Volume 2, she reads a comment that says: "You're a gay b****" before responding with a smirk: "That's quite insightful since I've openly admitted to having plenty of girlfriends in the past, so well done. You're a genius."

Last edited:
The Daily Telegraph (Sydney Confidential), 24 January 2014, pg 65

COUPLE SENDS MIXED SIGNALS

DESPITE their recent breakup it seems there is no bad blood between Tully Smyth and Anthony Drew.

They have been seen out, most recently dining at Italian restaurant Balla at Pyrmont.

But it didn’t end with just dinner. The former Big Brother housemates were later seen at 1888 Hotel. Drew all but confirmed to Confidential his relationship with Tully was over at the Tennis Players’ Party at Breezes restaurant this month. When approached about the current status their relationship, Drew said: “Why don’t you ask Tully?”

Last edited:
Be careful if your a tweeter, and if you hang out on twitter stalking HMs

Courtney Love in the dock in first ever court battle to determine if you can libel someone using Twitter

Courtney Love has been taken to court by her former lawyer in the first ever case of an alleged libel on Twitter going to trial
Love, 49, claims she thought she was only tweeting it to two people
A guilty verdict could have serious implications for all Twitters users regarding defamation laws

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2rOQmLf9r

BIG BROTHER'S TULLY OPENS UP ABOUT HER SPLIT WITH DREW

Confirming their break-up, the Big Brother star tells OK! what went wrong

tully--smyth-big-brother-star-revelas-why-she-broke-up-with-drew-Main-3.jpg

When OK! meets Big Brother’s Tully Smyth in Sydney’s Manly, she’s all smiles.

Despite having broken up with boyfriend Anthony ‘Drew’ Drew over Christmas, she’s putting on a brave face for our shoot today.

Tully caused controversy when she hooked up with Drew, 25, in the house despite having a girlfriend on the outside, but the couple were defiant and determined to make their relationship work.

‘We had a lot of pressure coming out of the house. I had five minutes with him when he got off the stage where we had to define our relationship,’ says Tully, 26. ‘Then, at first, it was all rainbows and butterflies and fun parties − until reality set in and the bubble burst.’

During our chat, the star sets the record straight on cheating allegations and, in a candid moment, breaks down while opening up about her relationship with her mother, who developed early-onset Alzheimer’s when Tully was just 16.

‘I’ve only just started talking about it,’ she admits. ‘For someone who’s such an over-sharer and emotional and cries about everything, my mum is the one thing I haven’t talked about or dealt with.’

It is true you and Drew have split up?
We’re not together. It was a lot of pressure living in different states, and the regular couples’ issues seemed to be magnified being out of the house.

Who instigated the break-up?
Both of us. It was mutual. We both wanted it to work really badly and when it wasn’t, we’d get angry with ourselves and upset. It was sad. I felt like I’d risked so much for him; I’d lost a lot.

Was it a case of too much, too soon?
No, I think it’s a case of coming out of a reality TV show. Going in, you think about what it’s going to be like in the house − you don’t really think about the aftermath which, for me, has been a lot to swallow. Getting back into your own reality and catching up with friends who don’t really understand what’s just happened; you feel a bit lost figuring out where you’re going career-wise, and everyone thinks we’re rolling in cash but we’re actually all broke. Drew and I were both trying to deal with those issues at the same time and we were taking it out on each other.

tully--smyth-big-brother-star-revelas-why-she-broke-up-with-drew-Main-5.jpg

So you were fighting a lot?
We were arguing a bit and we decided that we’d go away and get ourselves happy and healthy and then see. We’re still the best of friends; we talk three times a day on the phone.

When did all the fighting start?
You saw how much we bickered in the house − that’s just who we are as people. We’re both a bit dramatic and love an argument. It wasn’t as if we just started fighting. It was more that, unfortunately, outside issues were infiltrating into our relationship – money, career and reality. And the pressure from fans. That’s a lot
of pressure most couples don’t have to deal with.

Do you think you’ll work it out?
At the moment we are supporting each other. Maybe in a few months’ time we can give it another shot, but for the moment we’re just mates.

For the exclusive interview, and all the pics, pick up a copy of this week's OK! magazine, on sale now!

There is some pretty lazy journalism there and some silly questions. The last part about her mother and family is sad, it really does give a lot of context to some of Tully's behaviour.

Also, she is looking smoking hot in those pics.

Has anyone heard Mikkayla on the radio? I'm curious to know how she's being received, so any opinions would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back