Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Pre-season build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess if what Tim is saying is true the challenge winner would still choose 1 or 2 of the nominees, with the house then voting for the additional one. I'd imagine they'd still have the eviction vote.

The other option I guess is the challenge winner just gets immunity with the house deciding the nominees, but then the challenge winner alone chooses the evictee.

I don't like that. They could/would nominate your two closest allies.
I don't like the idea of the challenge winning getting a sole vote. It's way too much power, but I can't see the house voting out a nominee as well as doing full nominations. I would also hate the idea of the challenge determining who gets evicted. I am struggling to think of a way that would be optimal and logical.

Housemates voting to nominate and then evict would be stupid, so that's probably what they've done. Only way I think it could work is where you have two teams, with the losing team having to nominate two or three of their own and then the winning team voting to evict.

Housemates voting to nominate and then evict would be stupid, so that's probably what they've done. Only way I think it could work is where you have two teams, with the losing team having to nominate two or three of their own and then the winning team voting to evict.
If they actually did that than this show would be moving closer and closer to being Survivor than it likes to admit.

Last edited:
Can someone remind me how the US version works?
Do they nominate also? Or does the HoH do the noms?

HoH nominates two for eviction. Nominees + 3 others (+HoH in US, but not in Canada) compete for Veto where the winner can opt to save a nominee or leave noms the same. If a nominee is saved HoH names a replacement.

Other HMs then vote for evictee, with HoH only voting in event of a tie.

Last edited:
I can’t see that working well.
Agreed. I don’t see how contestants can discuss voting to evict without revealing who they nominated, either intentionally or unintentionally. If Person A is nominated, and then Person B and Person C start pushing hard for Person A to go, while Person D and Person E are pushing to save Person A, then it becomes fairly obvious which housemates nominated Person A in the first place.

Another thing is that when contestants discuss who to evict, their decisions are based on factors like who is aligning with who, who is at war with who, and who is likely to get nominated next time. You can’t really have those conversations without discussing nominations.

Channel 7 have made a mistake not promoting this earlier. I had a conversation with several people at my workplace not long ago, all a variety of ages, and I mentioned there was an All Stars season coming and no one knew about it. It made my day to hear other people mention older episodes they remember. What made me even happier was hearing other people share how much they dislike the new Big Brother.

Is The Voice being heavily promoted yet? I'd have thought if Big Brother was launching alongside it BB would be well into promos by now. I'd imagine they'd try and avoid two Sonia fronted formats airing side by side if they can find something not hosted by Sonia to air first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back