Skip to main content

Big Brother AU Greatest Moments

Who's side are you on?

• Team Michael

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Team Gretel

Votes: 28 56.0%

• Total voters
I used to be annoyed because these promos seemed to have been filmed when the show had already started.
The openly acknowledged it with the Gangnam Style one. They filmed it in the Captain's Quarters or whatever the fuck the bonus room was that year in front of a green screen one at a time. Apparently they showed them the actual music video but gave no context as to why they actually had them doing it other than for use in a promo.

The openly acknowledged it with the Gangnam Style one. They filmed it in the Captain's Quarters or whatever the fuck the bonus room was that year in front of a green screen one at a time. Apparently they showed them the actual music video but gave no context as to why they actually had them doing it other than for use in a promo.
They also showed its making in that "extra" show...

Aha, the infamous Michelle and Aleisha 07 fight:

Is this first (and only) time a winner of Big Brother AUS gets involved in such a dramatic fight? Because most of the winners have been chill and under the radar. Ryan and Skye 14 have had heated arguments, but there wasn't any screaming.

Is this first (and only) time a winner of Big Brother AUS gets involved in such a dramatic fight? Because most of the winners have been chill and under the radar. Ryan and Skye 14 have had heated arguments, but there wasn't any screaming.
What a horrid lady.

Thought it might be fun to reminisce about some of the best moments from the heyday of Big Brother.

Starting with the notorious "Gretel Incident" - hence the poll.

For those of you who don't remember, back in 2006, during the live nominations the day after Michael's eviction, Gretel and Michael had a heated argument over editing and camera angles.

I'm just wondering, who do you think was right?

Watch for yourself:

Gosh watching this is definitely a blast. I remember being team Michael. But now I look at this and as uncomfortable as it is, I miss the rawness of real tv interviews. The engagement is all emotion and the reactions non filtered. How I love and miss when tv hosts were involved

Because of that interview I started going through some of the older interviews and the one with Glenn was so awkward when Michelle came out 😬 and I loved every moment of it. The build up to that, with Gretel enjoying the build up too, there was a part at the beginning that is not part of this clip, where he grabs and pulls Gretel in for a kiss when he first gets up on stage and meets her. Just all of it. I loved the interview parts.

It probably gained Aleisha sympathy from the general audience. Michelle was out of line, but the episode edit was kind to Aleisha who carried on for hours.

Live stream version:

It probably gained Aleisha sympathy from the general audience. Michelle was out of line, but the episode edit was kind to Aleisha who carried on for hours.

Live stream version:

Urgh, for real, thank you for all the throwback footage. Out of curiosity, how much do you even have?

Because of that interview I started going through some of the older interviews and the one with Glenn was so awkward when Michelle came out 😬 and I loved every moment of it. The build up to that, with Gretel enjoying the build up too, there was a part at the beginning that is not part of this clip, where he grabs and pulls Gretel in for a kiss when he first gets up on stage and meets her. Just all of it. I loved the interview parts.

Wow, reminded me of these days. Somehow I managed to forget Geneva. Remember feeling sad for Michelle when she got evicted too. Those were the days of just evict votes and so she got evicted for stupid reasons. If it was save votes I could have seen her lasting longer. Hope she's going ok these days.

Bloody Shearer though. Wonder what he's up to now. Imagine if BB invited him back for this new series on 7 as one of the ogs. Would have been good for a laugh I guess.

Wow, reminded me of these days. Somehow I managed to forget Geneva. Remember feeling sad for Michelle when she got evicted too. Those were the days of just evict votes and so she got evicted for stupid reasons. If it was save votes I could have seen her lasting longer. Hope she's going ok these days.

Bloody Shearer though. Wonder what he's up to now. Imagine if BB invited him back for this new series on 7 as one of the ogs. Would have been good for a laugh I guess.
Didn't he get arrested for animal cruelty?

Back