Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Sneak peek of first 4 mins of season premiere

BigBro

Sorry if already mentioned, the Big Brother facebook page is premiering the first 4 minutes of launch night right now

The only thing I enjoyed from those 4 minutes is the drive to the house, which reminded me of BB01-BB03.

Other than that, there is sadly nothing in that extended preview for the season that looks remotely exciting. Usually you'd see snippets of some drama, a major event, an argument, even dare I say a relationship. This looks absolutely devoid of anything to do with the HMs or anything that isn't a challenge or task. Unfortunately, without that, there's no real drawcard for your general audience.

Looks dull and boring and over produced already. The first half was basically all the promos put together. Lol

also disappointed there’s no iconic melody of the Bb tune. They have completely wiped the floor of all history and brand and kept the worst thing - Sonia

Looks dull and boring and over produced already. The first half was basically all the promos put together. Lol

also disappointed there’s no iconic melody of the Bb tune. They have completely wiped the floor of all history and brand and kept the worst thing - Sonia
Interestingly, the lack of theme is the biggest uproar I'm seeing on Facebook. I guess there's always room to add it in the episodes post-Launch but I highly doubt it.

Agreed - the season certainly looks non-eventful. I've been unusually optimistic about this series, including the import of the new format. I genuinely don't hate the concept and have always wondered how a US-style BB would work in Australia. There's a lot I do like about what we've seen so far, I just feel as though they're already executing it very wrongly.

Interestingly, the lack of theme is the biggest uproar I'm seeing on Facebook. I guess there's always room to add it in the episodes post-Launch but I highly doubt it.

Agreed - the season certainly looks non-eventful. I've been unusually optimistic about this series, including the import of the new format. I genuinely don't hate the concept and have always wondered how a US-style BB would work in Australia. There's a lot I do like about what we've seen so far, I just feel as though they're already executing it very wrongly.
Positive_dude is happy to see you have been optimistic haha.
I don’t think the lack of theme in this 4 min preview means there won’t be one. Will have to wait until Monday to see.
I love survivor so I am heaps keen to see How this format plays out.

Sorry if this has already been discussed... do we know how many days this filmed for?
Wondering whether it will be a cycle of like 3 days per ep (like survivor)

Sorry if this has already been discussed... do we know how many days this filmed for?
Wondering whether it will be a cycle of like 3 days per ep (like survivor)
I believed it filmed for 5 weeks (somebody correct me if I'm wrong?) which, due to the covid shutdowns, was apparently a few weeks short of their initial timeline.

I'm interested in the edit cycle too. Something tells me they may conveniently drop the whole "Day X" thing, tbh. The show already appears far too manufactured for their to be a set structure like that and, given that each episode sounds like it'll be a rotating challenge/nomination/eviction, I almost think it's not relevant anymore. Sadly.

One of the biggest flaws I've observed in their marketing is saying "there will be an eviction every night" - in my opinion it should be say, "every episode". It's a misconception and I think that alone says a lot about how irrelevant the realistic timeline is to them as opposed to the production timeline.

Back