Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Sneak peek of first 4 mins of season premiere

Oh ok. Why not? Cos its pre-recorded? How does pre-recording preclude "intruders" being an element?

Oh ok. Why not? Cos its pre-recorded? How does pre-recording preclude "intruders" being an element?

I think because most of it would be strategy based? And people coming in later would be at a disadvantage?

I think because most of it would be strategy based? And people coming in later would be at a disadvantage?
But thats always been the case. Why have intruders in the past then?
My bb memory is shocking but didnt one intruder from bb oz nearly win? 2nd place.
Gay guy with short cropped blonde hair? Came 2nd to the blonde girl? Aleisha maybe?????
Cmonn. bbb bretheren help me out here?
Just saying, i dont think anything has changed for them to preclude intruders.IMO They were a welcome and needed injection when stuff gets stale

But thats always been the case. Why have intruders in the past then?
My bb memory is shicking but didnt one intruder from bb oz nearly win? 2nd place.
Gay guy with short cropped blonde hair? Came 2nd to the blonde girl? Aleisha maybe?????
Cmonn. bbb bretheren help me out here?
Just saying, i dont think anything has changed for them to preclude intruders.IMO They were a welcome and needed injection when stuff gets stale

Zac. I think he only lost by one percent?

Anyway I think another reason would be they only filmed for like six weeks and having intruders in the third week seems kind of pointless.

Zac. I think he only lost by one percent?

Anyway I think another reason would be they only filmed for like six weeks and having intruders in the third week seems kind of pointless.
Introduce them earlier. Since its all condensed. One intruder a week from weeks 1 to 3. The season I think is gonna be stilted as it is due to the format. So introduce sparks.
But I am speaking massively out of school. Im probably the least qualified person on the forum to wax lyrical on BB. lol

Introduce them earlier. Since its all condensed. One intruder a week from weeks 1 to 3. The season I think is gonna be stilted as it is due to the format.
But I am speaking massively out of school. Im probably the least qualified person on the forum to wax lyrical on BB. lol

Be difficult for them to get to the endgame.

I could be wrong here, but I highly doubt the demo they’re aiming towards are watching 7plus. Catching up on 7’s cooking and reno shows seems limited to peeps in their 30s - 50s.
I’m in my 20s and I don’t know anyone watching 7plus.
Considering 9Now pulled numbers in the millions for Love Island Australia for both seasons, with the main demo watching through 9Now being 13-24, you’d be surprised.

Yep. So it is possible an intruder could win or nearly win.
Dont see why it would be different in this format.
Think it would be interesting.
Say. You are struggling. Knowing alliances are against you.
Ally up with the new arrival.
Dynamics fluid and changing

Yep. So it is possible an intruder could win or nearly win.
Dont see why it would be different in this format.
Think it would be interesting.
Say. You are struggling. Knowing alliances are against you.
Ally up with the new arrival.
Dynamics fluid and changing

If alliances stay strong than that it would be foolish to align with an outsider.

I could be wrong here, but I highly doubt the demo they’re aiming towards are watching 7plus. Catching up on 7’s cooking and reno shows seems limited to peeps in their 30s - 50s.
I’m in my 20s and I don’t know anyone watching 7plus.

In this interview it says they are targeting the 25-54 age group with this version.

Considering 9Now pulled numbers in the millions for Love Island Australia for both seasons, with the main demo watching through 9Now being 13-24, you’d be surprised.

But 7 have stated they are aiming for the 25-54 crowd who they already have. They should be trying to get some of the younger crowd back that they have lost to streaming services IMO.

I'll be disappointed if there aren't any intruders. If cast correctly I think they'd be able to create some drama in the house.

It's like in life when a new person comes into a group and the women sometimes get a bit skeptical and petty.

But 7 have stated they are aiming for the 25-54 crowd who they already have. They should be trying to get some of the younger crowd back that they have lost to streaming services IMO.
25 to 54?
You might as well say 2 to 100.
How does one network exclude 24 year olds but include 25 year olds with any accuracy?
Just spin. Spin. Spin. Spin.

25 to 54?
You might as well say 2 to 100.
How does one network exclude 24 year olds but include 25 year olds with any accuracy?
Just spin. Spin. Spin. Spin.
You do realise that 25-54 is the advertising demographic as measured by an "independent" party? Overall ratings don’t matter as much as these categories and Endemol probably sold this idea to Seven based on this demographic. Advertisers target and pay more for this group as they tend to spend more and have the most disposable income.

It's not like they don't want a younger demographic. Worldwide it's a struggle to attract them to FTA (free to air) tv due to competition from social media, apps, gaming, streaming and second screen attention. Ten basically went into receivership as this was its core demographic and is still struggling to recover.

It's less about excluding, more about targeting by increasing the average housemate age and structuring the daily show around the drama of the "game" instead of random housemate interactions. Seven's demographic usually skews older(sometimes too old) whilst a show like Big Brother has traditionally skewed younger. The show will still attract a younger base but if Big Brother can remain competitive in 25-54 crowd then it would be deemed as a success.

Back