Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Sneak peek of first 4 mins of season premiere

True. They probably should just say every episode.
I probably shouldn’t keep comparing to Survivor... but they do say what day they are up to and it doesn’t matter that one ep covers three days. I get that there are different expectations for BB, but new fans / viewers won’t know any different.
They will still probably distinguish by days because it’s not like the housemates will be wearing the same clothes. Unless it’s just close up face shots they edit in.

Really impressed with the production quality, the drone shots of Sydney Harbour immediately makes the show feel expensive... until we cut to three warehouses connected with plywood and a philips hue hub.

Really wish they went with Angela over Kieran as first in, it’s obvious they’re earmarking Kieran as their “narrator” for the season, he just comes off as such an arsekisser. Also I wish Sonia had more of an entrance instead of just standing there awkwardly awaiting instruction, like if they had her walking out of the house and then greeting a car pulling up it would make it much smoother. Will definitely be watching the rest of the premiere, just wish they had a classic big brother theme riff stinger at the intro though.

The lack of the Big Brother theme and a kind of robotic sounding voice doesn't really win me over. Big Brother isn't the same without the intro we're used to or a real live Big Brother who used to make me laugh a lot when he got cheeky with the HM's. I miss those things, & It just wouldn't seem like Big Brother without them. But I do like the US format and i like that, from what i've heard, they're allowed to talk about noms which used to frustrate me greatly when they weren't allowed to. I like the backstabbing and scheming of forming the different alliances.

Last edited:
Also I wish Sonia had more of an entrance instead of just standing there awkwardly awaiting instruction, like if they had her walking out of the house and then greeting a car pulling up it would make it much smoother.
Oh you mean the super slow-mo walk that all the reality shows seem to do these days? 😂 (I half-expected it too, not gonna lie.)

And yes - I can already see through their push of Kieran and I’m hating it so much.

I enjoyed the production quality but to me it felt like I was watching the premier of survivor cause of how similar the launch seemed to be produced.

I feel like they’ve transitioned into the new format well and I didn’t find myself overly missing older aspects.

Seeing this new format actually come to life makes me see the potential and I think given a few seasons and tweaking/improvements, it could be a knockout.

Seeing this new format actually come to life makes me see the potential and I think given a few seasons and tweaking/improvements, it could be a knockout.
I know it’s still early days and the season hasn’t even started yet, but I feel similarly. I do hope Seven get the chance at another season, particularly in a post-covid world, to at least refine anything from their first go at it this year. I imagine this season is very much a trial run.

Based on the promos/preview, I’ve noticed they seem to be more focusing on house tasks and the hoh challenges rather than strategy talk which I think is good. The promos also seem to be showcasing the hms personalities. Providing there is a good balance between all these aspects, I think it could really work.

Do you know if this is someone from endemol or ch 7?

It is Andrew Blackwell, he is a TV executive. He used to be with Nine before moving over to 7.

It's the guy in the first picture in the article.

You know that episode of black mirror where the girl brings her husband back to life and tries to go back to normal, but struggles because he’s not the same?
🤷🏽‍♂️
You can’t mess with a format this much and expect everything to be cool. BB is a brand that everyone knows and has a cult following.
This season is going to be so jarring to everyone.
That’s not to say that it’ll fail, but if it does, it’s well deserved.

Their target audience doesn’t know the extent of the original big brother format, and I half expect them to not refer to it at all.
Their target audience barely watch FTA, especially channel 7. They’re all online. If this show were to somehow move online (and be live) it could honestly be great.
Channel 7’s audience are typically old enough to remember BB’s brand.

Love how Angela thinks she's Snooki
Celebrate Jersey Shore GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

7Plus. Australia’s highest ranked BVOD platform.
I could be wrong here, but I highly doubt the demo they’re aiming towards are watching 7plus. Catching up on 7’s cooking and reno shows seems limited to peeps in their 30s - 50s.
I’m in my 20s and I don’t know anyone watching 7plus.

I havent really watched any promos. I tend to suspend all that and see how my natural reactions are upon first viewing their entry.
But going on some comments here, I think its been a bit of throwing darts at a dartboard approach.
Which, unimaginitively means to me hedging of bets.
A mix of young pretty instas with older demo stirred in.
Bet the intruders will slide either way depending on the reaction.

I havent really watched any promos. I tend to suspend all that and see how my natural reactions are upon first viewing their entry.
But going on some comments here, I think its been a bit of throwing darts at a dartboard approach.
Which, unimaginitively means to me hedging of bets.
A mix of young pretty instas with older demo stirred in.
Bet the intruders will slide either way depending on the reaction.

There won't be intruders.

Back