Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Sneak peek of first 4 mins of season premiere

I believed it filmed for 5 weeks (somebody correct me if I'm wrong?) which, due to the covid shutdowns, was apparently a few weeks short of their initial timeline.

I'm interested in the edit cycle too. Something tells me they may conveniently drop the whole "Day X" thing, tbh. The show already appears far too manufactured for their to be a set structure like that and, given that each episode sounds like it'll be a rotating challenge/nomination/eviction, I almost think it's not relevant anymore. Sadly.

One of the biggest flaws I've observed in their marketing is saying "there will be an eviction every night" - in my opinion it should be say, "every episode". It's a misconception and I think that alone says a lot about how irrelevant the realistic timeline is to them as opposed to the production timeline.
True. They probably should just say every episode.
I probably shouldn’t keep comparing to Survivor... but they do say what day they are up to and it doesn’t matter that one ep covers three days. I get that there are different expectations for BB, but new fans / viewers won’t know any different.

True. They probably should just say every episode.
I probably shouldn’t keep comparing to Survivor... but they do say what day they are up to and it doesn’t matter that one ep covers three days. I get that there are different expectations for BB, but new fans / viewers won’t know any different.

The main producer for this show is also the main producer on Survivor so I expect the show to be very Survivor like.

I believed it filmed for 5 weeks (somebody correct me if I'm wrong?) which, due to the covid shutdowns, was apparently a few weeks short of their initial timeline.
Channel 7 have said they didn't finish the series early, although it's believed that filming was "accelerated".
Who to believe?

I really didn't enjoy the 'sneak peek' in the first 3 minutes. I love BB feeling like a journey, but they are pushing this game show agenda. Don't mind BBs new voice. The soaring violins felt out of place, like it was ripped from Lego Masters or something. I miss the glitchy tech noises that BB is associated with. Those sounds that symbolise surveillance and danger were sorely missing. Like others have said, no theme :( I hope we get it in the second episode.

I really enjoyed keirans entrance. The drive was great, the house looks so big and bright. Almost intimidating. I'm cautiously optimistic. Still heartbroken that none of this is live. I don't know if it will feel the same... I feel like I'm grieving and trying to bond with something I don't know I'll love.

Just a prediction but Kieran seems like the type of housemate that might be a favourite for casual viewers while being unpopular on this forum.

I don't hate him......yet. Have to see him on the show first before I can get a proper opinion on him. Though I wonder if he'll play up to the cameras to an annoying extent.

Just a prediction but Kieran seems like the type of housemate that might be a favourite for casual viewers while being unpopular on this forum.
I agree. I’ve had a couple of a friends who aren’t really into BB tell me they think he is going to be fun to watch.

I agree. I’ve had a couple of a friends who aren’t really into BB tell me they think he is going to be fun to watch.

Yes I think he seems like the quirky type of housemates that casual viewers might like.

I think a sassy female housemate would be more popular on this forum.

I really didn't enjoy the 'sneak peek' in the first 3 minutes. I love BB feeling like a journey, but they are pushing this game show agenda. Don't mind BBs new voice. The soaring violins felt out of place, like it was ripped from Lego Masters or something. I miss the glitchy tech noises that BB is associated with. Those sounds that symbolise surveillance and danger were sorely missing. Like others have said, no theme :( I hope we get it in the second episode.

I really enjoyed keirans entrance. The drive was great, the house looks so big and bright. Almost intimidating. I'm cautiously optimistic. Still heartbroken that none of this is live. I don't know if it will feel the same... I feel like I'm grieving and trying to bond with something I don't know I'll love.
Totally agree - but when Keiran got out of the car to NO audience of screaming people, it felt jarring.

Moved to a new thread. Can't say much positive at all about that - when the best thing about it was Sonia I think that pretty much sums it up. That voice is still awful and I'm struggling to get past it and it just all felt ridiculously over produced for a 4 minute preview. I really hope too they're not sending them all in one by one as we'll just repeat that awkwardness 12 times over if they do.

I will say though I do think the outside of the house looks good and it is done in such a way it works without a crowd. Also have they changed it from a final 2 to a final 3 in terms of voting for the winner - I'm sure initially they said it would be a final 2, though of course there are obvious reasons why that might have changed.

Something tells me they may conveniently drop the whole "Day X" thing, tbh.
See that’s always been a big thing for me, I enjoyed it - small but it’s there.
I dunno I’m trying not to get my hopes up, but the season could end up being quite good or a flop so it’s like wait to see!
I did read somewhere there’s 20 housemates I don’t think they’d all enter on day dot, and there’s an eviction every day.

Added: Some of the Big Brother house must still be up, cos some guy was live on Sunrise this morning, he’s not allowed to go inside but the Sunrise Crew is doing they’re Monday show from it.

Last edited:
Back