Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

I really hope Big Brother's voice doesn't sound like that. It's gonna drive me insane 😂

If its not too much trouble, can someone explain the more "US/CAN " approach to BB?
Ive only ever watched BB oz.
I understand there is a "head of House".
How is this elected or nominated and what powers does said Head of House have?

If its not too much trouble, can someone explain the more "US/CAN " approach to BB?
Ive only ever watched BB oz.
I understand there is a "head of House".
How is this elected or nominated and what powers does said Head of House have?
So the North American format is as follows...

Head of Household (HOH) competition - all the housemates compete in the HOH comp and the winner is then of course the HOH and is immune from being nominated.

Nominations - the HOH is the only housemate to nominate. The Head of House nominates two housemates for eviction.

Power of Veto (POV) competition - the two nominees + the HOH + Three housemates selected by random draw compete in the POV competition. The winner of the POV has the power to save one of the housemates from eviction or not use it. If the POV is used then the Head of House must name a replacement nominee ensuring there are two housemates for eviction.

Eviction - then everyone in the house except the HOH and the nominees vote to evict one of the nominees and the housemate with the most eviction votes cast against them is evicted

that’s the basic rules of the North American format which our 2020 season will be based off but instead ours is a little more simple.

One HOH Comp -> Nominates three people -> house votes to evict

Thank you so much.
Sounds interesting.
I have one small nagging feeling though. Probably unjustified without seeing how the format works.
But my initial impression from reading your depiction is that the HOH wields a lot, possibly too much power in being able to nominate their two evictees. Regardless of the POV comp.
Im sure Im probably wrong and getting a wrong impression without seeing it in action.
Just at face value, that seems considerably skewed.
But. Ive seen many fans here celebrating the NA versions of the show.
So. Bring it on.
Thank you for replying with the much needed info from my end. Appreciate it.

Thank you so much.
Sounds interesting.
I have one small nagging feeling though. Probably unjustified without seeing how the format works.
But my initial impression from reading your depiction is that the HOH wields a lot, possibly too much power in being able to nominate their two evictees. Regardless of the POV comp.
Im sure Im probably wrong and getting a wrong impression without seeing it an action.
Just at face value, that seems considerably skewed.
But. Ive seen many fans here celebrating the NA versions of the show.
So. Bring it on.
Thank you for replying with the much needed info from my end. Appreciate it.

I think with hoh you want it at the right time. Too early is dangerous because dynamics in the house haven't really formed yet and the wrong choice may put the house against you.

But even if you aren't hoh you may have enough influence with the hoh to dictate how to run the nomination.

I understand.
But thats a lot of power for one individual to have at any stage.
As I said, i have yet to see it in action. I speak from an uneducated view.

Last edited:
I understand.
But thats a lot of power for one individual to have at any stage.
As I said, i have to see it in action. I speak from an uneducated view.

And that's what is interesting about it. Some use that power well. Others don't.

If you couldnt use that great power well, youd be kinda an idiot.
Are the challenges to become HOH always physical like Friday night games or other avenues?
If its purely physical, I can see a gormless jock becoming HOH and making shocking strategic decisions. Which does add the spice for me.
Look forward to it.

If you couldnt use that great power well, youd be kinda an idiot.
Are the challenges to become HOH always physical like Friday night games or other avenues?
If its purely physical, I can see a gormless jock becoming HOH and making shocking strategic decisions. Which does add the spice for me.
Look forward to it.

A lot of idiots go on there. From the seasons I saw most challenges were physical. But some were quiz based.

I suppose by rule of thumb, there are idiots everywhere.
Here. There. Everywhere.

Well. Not here so much.
We are all incredibly well-adjusted emotionally secure adults.

Aren't we?

God, these promos are crap. How is "The housemates will do their own washing, cleaning and recycling" supposed to entice you to watch?

God, these promos are crap. How is "The housemates will do their own washing, cleaning and recycling" supposed to entice you to watch?
LOL I know. Like the BB HMs never had to do all that crap before.

Make it interesting - housemates have to nominate on the first night on the pool platform in the backyard in front of each other and live with those nomination reasons in their heads for an eviction cycle to agitate them causing more friction between the house and better content. That’s how you make big brother.

not “omg sustainability!!”

Back