Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

What kind of choices?
I think the main thing i want them to change is just doing it live. Now thinking about it, i honestly don't know what they would do with low audience numbers. If you look at their other shows such as MKR, House Rules and AGT, they rate quite poorly, but they continue to keep them. I think we'll be seeing a bb 2021 regardless of the ratings cause at this point ch 7 is desperate. Part of me reckons they'd just keep it as they have it.

That being said they've been able to edit the show suprisingly quickly, don't know whether they did that purposely or not.

Ideally, i would want to see the show like BBCan, which is live and they include the audience heaps in things like have nots. I've kind of come to accept the change in format, part of me just doesn't know if BB back as it was around 2003 would work today. You'd never be able to fill an ampitheatre with as many people as they did. A major factor to can and us bb is the live feeds aswell.

I reckon something they could do is have an audience vote each week which would act as one hm vote when they evict. they've done that with bbcan final vote to win. Or another thing they could do is have the audience vote count as 50% and hm's as other 50% when evicting, that would be a bit sloppy though.

I think the main thing i want them to change is just doing it live. Now thinking about it, i honestly don't know what they would do with low audience numbers. If you look at their other shows such as MKR, House Rules and AGT, they rate quite poorly, but they continue to keep them. I think we'll be seeing a bb 2021 regardless of the ratings cause at this point ch 7 is desperate. Part of me reckons they'd just keep it as they have it.

That being said they've been able to edit the show suprisingly quickly, don't know whether they did that purposely or not.

Ideally, i would want to see the show like BBCan, which is live and they include the audience heaps in things like have nots. I've kind of come to accept the change in format, part of me just doesn't know if BB back as it was around 2003 would work today. You'd never be able to fill an ampitheatre with as many people as they did. A major factor to can and us bb is the live feeds aswell.

I reckon something they could do is have an audience vote each week which would act as one hm vote when they evict. they've done that with bbcan final vote to win. Or another thing they could do is have the audience vote count as 50% and hm's as other 50% when evicting, that would be a bit sloppy though.

I'm kind of glad they didn't do it live because I'm not sure it would have gone ahead given the current climate.

True. But some other shows have taken wayy longer to edit. And this was expected to air later than it is.
No. It was always scheduled to air before the Olympics, which were due to start 26th(?) July. So it's airing exactly as planned.

No. It was always scheduled to air before the Olympics, which were due to start 26th(?) July. So it's airing exactly as planned.
I’m pre sure they originally said q3 though so people thought it would start in July.

They must be shortening house rules or something cause that had a long ass run last year (over 3 months I’m pre sure) to now 2 months.

I would’ve thought they would’ve tried to stretch out their content especially cause they don’t have agt or sas airing. They must be desperate to get bb on.

Hey great catch with the camera in the background!

Makes me think 1 of 2 things have happened:

The housemates will have an opportunity to view the feeds OR the screens and desk were just set up inside the house like that for promo purposes and weren't used in the shows production. Looks like a really basic desk and control room for the show.
That’s what I’m hoping. Because if this is their actual production it shows how fake and scripted it’s going to be...

I’m pre sure they originally said q3 though so people thought it would start in July.

They must be shortening house rules or something cause that had a long ass run last year (over 3 months I’m pre sure) to now 2 months.

I would’ve thought they would’ve tried to stretch out their content especially cause they don’t have agt or sas airing. They must be desperate to get bb on.

Yeah I get what you're saying. The grid from their Upfronts in October showed it post-Olympics, but earlier this year they said it would air pre-Olympics, but I don't watch enough Seven to know if this grid otherwise turned out (actually I don't watch anything on Seven at all tbh). And it was way later that the Olympics got postponed. So I think they have been scrambling. Maybe the rest of House Rules wil air in double eps or more nights to get it out of the way.

2019-10-23_1547.jpg

I hope this wasn’t the real control room!
Hopefully the new BB voice was indeed done as per of the live house and not done in post production as TVShitbox claim, this was his “booth”... can’t see a microphone though.

Otherwise what a poor control room, it looks like a normal TV show being filmed is sunrise lol
It’s very budget. Also why is there a camera on the wall in there?
Don't read too much into it. That's a just a mock up of a control room to compliment the narration "It's about doing whatever I say". No way the real one would have all of that fancy lighting unless the control room is featured in the show. The real control room would be (like previous years) a cluttered office space filled people, lots of screens, flat lighting, notes and pictures of the housemates everywhere.

The lighting, camera and control board is all staged to sell an image. A big brother mastermind "character" who watches and controls everything. The real one would be more functional and would look laughably out of place in the promo.

Yeah I get what you're saying. The grid from their Upfronts in October showed it post-Olympics, but earlier this year they said it would air pre-Olympics, but I don't watch enough Seven to know if this grid otherwise turned out (actually I don't watch anything on Seven at all tbh). And it was way later that the Olympics got postponed. So I think they have been scrambling. Maybe the rest of House Rules wil air in double eps or more nights to get it out of the way.

2019-10-23_1547.jpg
And it still looks the same on inside7 despite those no longer going to air.

I do hope they properly go down the HoH and Veto route rather than come up with some half baked concept of their own which probably won't be as good. Of course the concept of Head of House, vetoing and replacing nominations and indeed Haves/Have Nots isn't completely new to Big Brother Australia at all -they've cropped up from time to time at various points both on Ten and Nine.

I think it'll likely share the slot with House Rules for a few weeks as that won't be finished by then and usually drops to fewer episodes a week later in the series. Seven will of course also want to spread content a bit thinner - at the very least they've 2-3 weeks where they had the Olympics to fill too, plus Australia's Got Talent and Holey Moley have been unable to film.

I do think then Big Brother will air just 2-3 nights a week. With 20 housemates (and a rumoured total of 22, so a couple of Intruders) I think based on the inital quoted run of 4-6 weeks 5 nights a week they might just produce it Survivor style with an eviction every episode along with a couple of non-elimination episodes, even though the format could see a "week" split over 2-3 episodes.

I think it'll likely share the slot with House Rules for a few weeks as that won't be finished by then and usually drops to fewer episodes a week later in the series.
House Rules premiered about a month ago, there's over another month left until BB. HR will be finished as it runs far quicker than MKR does/did

Doesn’t sound like there will be a power of veto style competition... which would place this in *almost* identical fashion to post-merge Survivor except only three housemates are up for elimination at any one time, rather than the whole tribe. Unsurprising given Exec Producer, but a shame given some excellent strategic moves arise in US and CAN Big Brother from the POV competitions (I.e. backdooring)

Yasss Sonia hunny spill all that tea sis!!!!!!!! Gooped, gagged and utterly deported at the all the hot truth tea she's spilling today, hunty!

Improved? That's a bit hopeful.

What I fear is that strategy talk can get really boring and repitive at times. I hope it isn't all that for every minute of every episode.

Back