Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

Here is the big promo - they'd have been better off having Travis from BB08 as the authorative voice of Big Brother - this one sounds piss weak.

House looks decent though, but Sonia and the "Got to BB" theme is giving me awful flashbacks. Seems it'll start in June - I guess it'll end up sharing the 7.30pm slot with House Rules once the home renos are over.
Yes, that voice doesn't do it for me at all, it needs to have more depth and mystery to it, but have to agree, the house looks good, way better than I'd began to imagine!

If they allow BB to return in Feb and Nine hadn't been able to film Married at First Site then it really would be game on.
They normally tape MAFS between August and Late October, however they tape out of Sydney which isn't going to be back to normal by August, I'm guessing they're going to film out of a different state that has done better with Covid-19 (like Queensland) and just ship the dinner party set up to wherever they pick to film, wouldn't put it past 9 to do this to guarantee they have mafs in 2021 after losing the block.

Just wonder whether a successful run would give them the incentive to do it live or more likely only justify their decision to pre-record.

My hope is strong ratings would be more incentive to expand rather than stay the course. However that would involve money... Something that Seven don't have a lot of at the moment.

I dunno, this has kind of made me more interested in this now. The house looks far less low-budget than I anticipated. it will be interesting to see how Aussies adapt to the US/Can style.

I feel like channel 7 is in a good position cause the show is getting more hype than expected. Quite surprising. I think the launch night ratings will be quite high due to the curiosity factor. Providing the cast is interesting and the show is edited well it should be easy for 7 to maintain those numbers. Initially it was thought that 7 was behind the new format. Turns out it was endemol trying to refresh the brand. This would be basically acting like an experiment. If it works they’ll try it in other countries. It is kind of good we’re the first ones to trial it.

I also think if it is a full switch to bb can/us format. The show should definitely go down the Canadian root of the show. The Canadian version is produced so well and casting is on point.

I also want them to produce iconic characters such as Ika, Nikki Grahame, Rachel Reilly etc. I just don’t think the average joes/one dimensional people they usually cast is gonna cut it or hook people in.

It’s good to see the use of eyes/cameras in the promotions. As it pays homage to the roots of the show giving me hope the social aspect will be showcased. However, it is annoying me that they’re giving us so many different eye logos. I just feel like we need a set one that’s gonna represent the show.

The Australian cast is boring as batshit apparently.

BBAU should be casting the people BBUK were casting 15 years ago, it's the exact same people on MAFS right now but with more dermal filler..

The Australian cast is boring as batshit apparently.

BBAU should be casting the people BBUK were casting 15 years ago, it's the exact same people on MAFS right now but with more dermal filler..

I wonder if by boring they mean they don't make any interesting moves during the game and prattle on about loyalty? And the people who you expect to win make it to the end because no one else has the courage to make risky moves?

Didn’t they already try that in 2008?
They thought they did.. but they didn't really translate it well to an Australian product, they weren't entertaining housemates to watch, they annoyed the viewer more than they annoyed each other in the house. It was diverse casting with erectile dysfunction.

Maybe because I watched it later, but I honestly thought 2008 was one of the best seasons. The cast was diverse and interesting. The conversations they had were actually mature. I honestly don’t know why it flopped so badly. I think when brands try to refresh after consecutive years of airing it always goes horrible cause the audience has moved on. In my opinion, they were better off axing mkr after 2019’s season so at least it could’ve gone off our screens on a good note and open the door for a future revival. Now people aren’t gonna remember it for the blockbuster show it was once but now for the horrible ratings is it receiving.

I think it might have been due to fatigue and bizzare loyalty to the so called humor and misandry of Gretel Killeen.

I’ve always thought of bb to be one of the most genuine shows due to the little contact the Hm’s had with producers. That can’t be said anymore cause apparently hm’s had open contact with film crew and producers during challenges/games. I wouldn’t be suprised if producers tried to influence some of the hms. That being said I reckon some hms such as Tim Brunero or dormer gave producers some type of visual before they went in on how they would act in the house and negotiated with producers. I also remember when watching s06 and they really tried to manipulate intruder perry to be loud and opinionated and make her feel guilty for not doing so. If u watch the interview b4 she went in Gretel herself tried to hype her up and make her agro so she could go in with a bang.

The show already seemed to be losing momentum in 2007. I think it peaked for me in 2004.

Last edited:
Back