Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 production / schedule / format talk

That's a hefty investment just to run the show in to the ground... That said you're on to something in saying that the powers that be at Seven are completely delusional if they think their grand plan for BB is a smart move.
You're right, I just worry because seven has a track record of shelving their 'flagship' programmes while they're still airing if they fail to meet expectations in terms of ratings.

I'm sure endemol included in the licence that the series needs to run all the way through, considering endemol are the ones footing the bill for it at the moment it seems..

You're right, I just worry because seven has a track record of shelving their 'flagship' programmes while they're still airing if they fail to meet expectations in terms of ratings.

I'm sure endemol included in the licence that the series needs to run all the way through, considering endemol are the ones footing the bill for it at the moment it seems..

Given their current troubles it’s even more important that they get things right... Hopefully this is a wake up call for them and they reconsider some of the idiotic decisions they’re making.

I think the fact this is happening tonight. Expect BB to be brought forward. MKR won’t stay there 4 nights as week

Filming may already be happening BTW, It's around the time we've been hinted towards.

I'm guessing this is a response to both ABC and SBS beating MKR last night. This season is rating worse than Restaurant Revolution did, would not surprise me at all if they shift MKR to the dreaded 8:30 slot of death and start airing Big Brother in its place to have an 'adequate' competitor to MAFS and Survivor All Stars.

I'll lookout for a re-upload of whatever promo they're airing tonight, not watching MKR if this is truly what was aired last night.. MKR+Homphobic+slur.png

I can’t see that being likely considering they’re in negotiations to delay upfront costs...
They apparently have agreed to pay once the series has concluded. It’s not uncommon for networks and production compnies to come to an agreement to not pay all costs upfront. It’s unusual but it doesn’t necessarily mean any production delays.

Filming may already be happening BTW, It's around the time we've been hinted towards.
Only a week ago they said “It’ll start filming very shortly and it will be coming pre-Olympics.”

The Olympics start Friday 24 July. I'd expect BBAU to launch early May, depending on the length of the season. If they start taping in the next week they'll have wrapped it up just in time for that.

I'm guessing this is a response to both ABC and SBS beating MKR last night. This season is rating worse than Restaurant Revolution did, would not surprise me at all if they shift MKR to the dreaded 8:30 slot of death and start airing Big Brother in its place to have an 'adequate' competitor to MAFS and Survivor All Stars.
I did see a ad for crew for BB with a filming period mentioned, I think it was around this time they mentioned but really can't remember. I'm trying to find the ad now!

Seven didn't know how much of a car crash their MKR ratings would be a week ago, to be fair.
They could bump MKR to 7flix and air M*A*S*H episodes instead and still see an improvement in numbers.

Yep.
“I spy with my little eye”

zoomed into the BB eye and it had a photo of Sonia as the iris saying HOST

Back