Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 production / schedule / format talk

Were previous housemates able to be provided condoms if they requested?

If there are housemates with sexual connection want to experience that with each other, then I think producers should accomodate that.

Were previous housemates able to be provided condoms if they requested?

If there are housemates with sexual connection want to experience that with each other, then I think producers should accomodate that.
The only time I can remember housemates having contact sexual intercourse were Hayley and Andrew in 2007.

You'd think they'd want to promote safe sex after a certain incident in 2006. I would suspect if they need a condom they'd have to go through the diary room and ask for it like Panadol or Codral.

One reason I believe that the pre-recorded rumour could be true is because the contract specifies nobody that works in written media, like nobody that's at news websites it means. I thought that was unfair at first since soooo many people from Big Brother go into media (or come from media backgrounds), but if it's pre-recorded it makes sense that maybe production is scared of spoilers so doesn't want anybody from a magazine in the house? If it was airing live it wouldn't matter because it airs as it happens so there's so chance of spoilers. I'm disappointed because I work in media and would never leak something under contract like that but oh well.

Yeah they moved to Melbourne this year because of that. But with Big Brother noise won’t be a problem.

This is the type of crap we have to look forward to 🤦🏻‍♂️

That's quite a common pre-season occurance with BBUSA at least, and occassionally BB Canada and BBUK do it. The US used to do it with various people from the media, and I think even did it with fansites once, but in recent years it was generally the hosts of The Talk (though I guess no longer since Julie quit).

TVBB had Ben Norris on as a 4th commentator on their podcast this week.
From what he has said it appears the approach 7 have taken he believes is a good idea. Even referenced BBBA and anyone who want the BB of the Ten years wouldn’t happen, and need to move on from it.
In his opinion it seems he believes the whole supposed prerecorded scenario for this reboot is what needs to happen and it needs to be different to evolve from the Nine era.
I get where he is coming from, but the part of the social experiment is more about the unknown with the incorporation of the audience at home. Otherwise it just becomes another prerecorded reality script driven show.
I’m in two opinions.

Last edited:
From what he has said it appears the approach 7 have taken he believes is a good idea. Even referenced BBBA and anyone who want the BB of the Ten years wouldn’t happen, and need to move on from it.
In his opinion it seems he believes the whole supposed prerecorded scenario for this reboot is what needs to happen and it needs to be different to evolve from the Nine era.
I get where he is coming from, but the part of the social experiment is more about the unknown with the incorporation of the audience at home. Otherwise it just becomes another prerecorded reality script driven show.
I’m in two opinions.

Yeah I’m in two minds as well. One thing they’re missing out on is taking advantage of modern technology. They could’ve developed an app with live feeds and voting where the audience can shape what’s going on by voting for stuff to happen.

I’m in two opinions.

That's fine, but call it anything but "Big Brother".

And honestly, what qualifies him to say people should move on? I don't think they will and I think a pre-recorded, sanitised Big Brother will be roundly rejected.

In order to justify its cost, Big Brother needs to be event television. People need to be absorbed into it. This approach will simply not work.

Look what Nine did editorially just by dropping the live feed - and imagine what Seven could achieve with four extra months' time to construct an entire narrative and edit it to within an inch of its life. It's a stupid idea, but I still suspect it's not true.

I love the fact he is talking with the confidence that they think they know anything when nothing has been confirmed. If it is live will Ben think that seven is making a rubbish move then? Better to just keep your mouth shut and say nothing in public while it is still all rumour.

Back