Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 production / schedule / format talk

Does anyone have any idea when Channel 7 release which shows are airing when? I'm wondering how long it could be before we find out whether it'll be Live or Pre-Recorded.
They don't usually. It's possible the grid shown at the Upfronts was a furphy. Sure the Olympics are in the middle of the year, but Seven might not want to reveal their actual plan just yet, preferring to let Nine and 10 guess. Why give away your game plan?

So yes, I'm hoping it's a ruse so BB will actually be live in February, ofc.

There is a news.com article I read that said that plate of origin is launching around the time of the Olympics. I cannot imagine it being on the same time as the Olympics so maybe it will be in august? That means bb will be in the first half of 2020 and hopefully shown live?

I'll just say, give it a chance and see how you like it. Rather than writing it off before its even aired. I do have too say, if it does turn out to be pre-recorded thats a huge mistake. Plus no live feeds takes away a huge element of Big Brother format aside. I never understood why BBUK ended their live stream. Just sponsor them like BBCAN did if you can afford it.. So those changes might be one too many for the Australian public to cope with. I do think the Brasilian version, with the inclusion of the North American competition elements, might have made a better format that the original Dutch version. That format is clearly no longer widely popular or else it would still be on air in Australia.

As a fan of BBCAN/BBUS, and someone from Australia who grew up watching the Channel 9 era (a bit young to have watch the Channel 10 era), I'd have to agree with Mouseboy33 :)

The main thing that would stop me from watching is if they have prerecorded it, because that is a good indication on how far the producers have missed the mark on what fans like about big brother, and it will just not be the show that we will want to see. I don't think that endemol would let it go that far from the original concept and let it still be called bb. The whole point is that someone is watching. If nobody is watching its not bb.

I'll just say, give it a chance and see how you like it. Rather than writing it off before its even aired. I do have too say, if it does turn out to be pre-recorded thats a huge mistake. Plus no live feeds takes away a huge element of Big Brother format aside. I never understood why BBUK ended their live stream. Just sponsor them like BBCAN did if you can afford it.. So those changes might be one too many for the Australian public to cope with. I do think the Brasilian version, with the inclusion of the North American competition elements, might have made a better format that the original Dutch version. That format is clearly no longer widely popular or else it would still be on air in Australia.

It’s just not Big Brother if they do that mate. No point in watching if there’s no live element to it and everything happened months ago.

Won’t give it a second thought if that’s the case.

On this post on the official BB AU Facebook page, it says Big Brother soon on 7:

Surely they wouldn't be advertising it as coming soon if it's going to air in August.
Yeah I still think it'll air Live early next year. Or maybe I'm just real hopeful that's the case... I just can't see a show picking up BB and pre-recording it though. It just seems ridiculous and I couldn't see how Endemol could agree to that.

Also just rewatched the clip, I think Sam was referring to Survivor when she was talking about an island, I doubt Sunrise presenters have any idea what Endemol and C7 are cooking up 5 minutes after it was officially announced
I agree with this. She was just mixing metaphors to try to be cute.

I still think it'll air Live early next year. Or maybe I'm just real hopeful that's the case... I just can't see a show picking up BB and pre-recording it though. It just seems ridiculous
Feel the same way. The idea is absurd. Like a bad April 1st joke. Anyway as Seven themselves say, Big Brother is "coming soon". August 2020 is in no way "soon".

I agree with this. She was just mixing metaphors to try to be cute.

Feel the same way. The idea is absurd. Like a bad April 1st joke. Anyway as Seven themselves say, Big Brother is "coming soon". August 2020 is in no way "soon".

Technically it's the BB Facebook page saying it. Would that be run by Endemol or 7?

They did film Australian Ninja on Cockatoo island. They could build some non permanent house on the island or fit out an unused warehouse.

According to the cockatoo island website The event venues at Cockatoo Island are fully booked from January to July 2020.

Technically it's the BB Facebook page saying it. Would that be run by Endemol or 7?
Presumably Seven. Meanwhile the Twitter account with the handle @bigbrotherAU is a blank, new account. Not so much as a logo yet.

Back