Skip to main content

Betting Odds for BB 2013.

The changes would be supply / demand related wouldn't they? (A large amount of people or dollars bet on Tahan would change the odds from $5.50->$3.75 which would then in turn impact the odds of all the other contestants)

are you sure they crashed, they are still $6 with centrebet

Latest:

Rohan

Xavier

Tully

Tahan

Matt

Ben

Yeah before it changed drastically, and yet again its changed a fair bit. Lots of punters this week it seems.

Latest:

Rohan

Xavier

Tully

Tahan

Matt

Ben

Yeah before it changed drastically, and yet again its changed a fair bit. Lots of punters this week it seems.

Or, more likely, someone radically changed it without telling the bookie in charge of it

I kind of hope that it's Xavier and Tully that go - Xavier has just become unbearable!

Agreed with the Xavier comment, or even Matt. I want to see a shake-up. To me, apart from being a house leader Matt offers nothing exciting. A few ladies may comment on looks, but he's boring.

I think they assume that just because they are popular in the house automatically means they are on the outside as well. WRONG!

I not really a fan of Rohan, but I can cope with him for another week.

They aren't psychic mate - hasn't been announced on the show and only went on the official site late - anyway, if they were offering a bet with no payout you were silly enough to take it thinking that you were getting an advantage.

You seem strangely keen to defend centrebet. Why might that be? I trust that when I made my bets, there was NOTHING on the screen which would have indicated that odds of 2.75 meant anything other than odds of 2.75. If the odds meant something else, then they should have listed them as such. Or if they really are as ignorant as you seem to presume, they should accept their own losses! I trust that when I entered my bet, the website automatically adjusted my possible winnings twofold or more. This is plainly misleading. Maybe someone who has been betting for years would pick up on it, but the vast majority of people would not have noticed a thing. I read over the information multiple times before I confirmed. As for reading the rules, who the hell is going to read through over 300 points of pure jargon in their terms and conditions? For all I know, I could have agreed to have my lips surgically attached to the Centrebet CEO's anus. That doesn't make it fair or reasonable, or even legal.

Agreed with the Xavier comment, or even Matt. I want to see a shake-up. To me, apart from being a house leader Matt offers nothing exciting. A few ladies may comment on looks, but he's boring.

I think they assume that just because they are popular in the house automatically means they are on the outside as well. WRONG!

I not really a fan of Rohan, but I can cope with him for another week.
I totally agree with you both. There is something about Xavier that is very underhanded.

You seem strangely keen to defend centrebet. Why might that be? I trust that when I made my bets, there was NOTHING on the screen which would have indicated that odds of 2.75 meant anything other than odds of 2.75. If the odds meant something else, then they should have listed them as such. Or if they really are as ignorant as you seem to presume, they should accept their own losses! I trust that when I entered my bet, the website automatically adjusted my possible winnings twofold or more. This is plainly misleading. Maybe someone who has been betting for years would pick up on it, but the vast majority of people would not have noticed a thing. I read over the information multiple times before I confirmed. As for reading the rules, who the hell is going to read through over 300 points of pure jargon in their terms and conditions? For all I know, I could have agreed to have my lips surgically attached to the Centrebet CEO's anus. That doesn't make it fair or reasonable, or even legal.

If you back a horse at $3 and it dead heats with another horse you get half face value of your ticket - not defending anybody that's just how it works sorry mate

If you back a horse at $3 and it dead heats with another horse you get half face value of your ticket - not defending anybody that's just how it works sorry mate

i think in terms of big brother betting unless it was clearly stated otherwise they should only pay out on person with lowest votes to save, thus alleviating the problems

i think in terms of big brother betting unless it was clearly stated otherwise they should only pay out on person with lowest votes to save, thus alleviating the problems
In this case it was clearly stated 'dead heat rules apply'

In this case it was clearly stated 'dead heat rules apply'

Where exactly was that stated though? Which part of Centrebet's website? I didn't notice it on the betslip, or next to the housemates names, or plastered at the top of the screen. I guess I could have missed it, but it's not as though I blundered through the website without tying to look carefully at everything.

Also, the one thing I really don't understand is how they could have warned customers that dead heat rules applied if they didn't know that it was going to be a double eviction - isn't that what you said just a few pages back, when you pointed out the double eviction wasn't widely publicised and that the betting agents aren't psychic?

Last edited:
Sportingbet has:

Rohan
Xavier
Tully
Tahan
Matt
Ben

---
Difference on Tahan on the two sites (1.80 vs 6.00) is rather large.

i dont know what you guys are talking about centrebet and co clearly states "TWO WINNERS" they will pay out in full on the two evicted.

i dont know what you guys are talking about centrebet and co clearly states "TWO WINNERS" they will pay out in full on the two evicted.

They're talking about people who placed a bet before it was announced to everyone that it was a double elimination. At that time the odds were significantly different and it's meant that people have ended up betting on new odds "Dead heat rule" than they thought they were betting on.

BETFAIR HAS:
Rohan: $1.03
Xavier: $0 (Unsure why this is blank exactly)...
Tully: $1.32
Matthew: $10
Ben: $10
Tahan: $1.80

I'm surprised that Tahan is so low on this. I think lots of people will save her.

Yeah, I am surprised as well. Some punters must have stuck some money on her. Not too sure what to take out of Xavier's price either.. Surprising

Back