Skip to main content

Betting Odds for BB 2013.

I still can't believe how low Mikkayla is! I'm certain she will be in the final 3!

I'm guessing there's just isn't any real money coming in for the girls. If I could bet Heidi goes before Mikkayla on this market that would be tempting.

I'm guessing there's just isn't any real money coming in for the girls. If I could bet Heidi goes before Mikkayla on this market that would be tempting.
I'd dump my savings account on that one. Zero chance of Mikkayla going before Heidi. Maybe I should go over to Betfair and create a market on that myself. See if anyone takes me up on it.

Latest Odds as of 7:30 AEST 24/09/2013

Sports Bet
Ben 2.10
Tim 2.75
Drew 7.00
Tahan 13.00
Ed 15.00
Jade 15.00
Mikkayla 26.00
Any Other (Not Listed)* 34.00
Katie & Lucy 34.00

Oddscanner
Ben 2.1
Tim 2.75
Drew 7
Tahan 13
Ed 15
Jade 15
Mikkayla 26
Katie and Lucy 34

EDIT:hmm identical, suspect conspiracy

Centrebet Odds to Win as of Tues 24th:

Ben 1.80
Tim 2.80
Drew 8.00
Jade 12.00
Mikkayla 13.00
Ed 14.00
Tahan 17.00
K&L 41.00

Next Eviction Odds:
K&L 2.10
Ed 4.00
Mikkayla 4.00
Tahan 8.00
Jade 9.00
Drew 10.00
Tim 15.00
Ben 17.00

Doesn't seem to correlate very well except right at top & bottom.

Doesn't seem to correlate very well except right at top & bottom.

as a psykologist, surely you've heard of test-retest reliability. when applied to a rank list, the top and bottom items are very consistent (ie reliable) but not the items in the middle. it is theorised that this is because we know what we love and what we hate, but that items in the middle are interchangeable, and therefore often prove to be inconsistent in retest situations.

although this is not a true repeated measures test, I expect similar lists made by 100 odds makers would prove largely consistent at the top and bottm, and largely inconsistent in the middle.

none of this of course makes any of them right. i just like experimental design :)

as a psykologist, surely you've heard of test-retest reliability. when applied to a rank list, the top and bottom items are very consistent (ie reliable) but not the items in the middle. it is theorised that this is because we know what we love and what we hate, but that items in the middle are interchangeable, and therefore often prove to be inconsistent in retest situations.

although this is not a true repeated measures test, I expect similar lists made by 100 odds makers would prove largely consistent at the top and bottm, and largely inconsistent in the middle.

none of this of course makes any of them right. i just like experimental design :)

Yes, but I would have thought that odds set at the same time on the same day from the same oddsmaker would have lined up on these 2 things (at least for now), but then I don't really know how they set odds.

Yes, but I would have thought that odds set at the same time on the same day from the same oddsmaker would have lined up on these 2 things (at least for now), but then I don't really know how they set odds.

yeah, i suppose in truth they are two different things. ed may have more risk of leaving this week than tahan, but tahan may have already burned too many viewer bridges to win, whilst ed (the oddsmaker believes) has time to put something together.

New odds to win- has added odds for the 2 intruders. Seems like some major discrepancies.

Centrebet
Ben 1.80
Tim 2.80
Drew 8.00
Jade 13.00
Mikkayla 15.00
Nathan 15.00
Ed 16.00
Tahan 17.00
Justynn 26.00
K&L 41.00

Sportsbet: