Skip to main content

Ben Zabel recovering from overdose - Support for him

wow. really, @Benjamin2012HM ?

I quote Estelle's first post in this thread

Lo and behold, I wasn't aware of this. There was no other thread discussing what happened at the time, and without this thread I probably wouldn't have known. And I am CERTAIN I am not alone.

I wouldn't have known either. This forum is the ONLY place I hear about ex HM's .

Definitely a cheap shot from Ben Norris.

@Benjamin2012HM you are a real piece of work... I just listened to a podcast you were featured on and you had a go at @Estelle.Landy for making this thread? You were acting like she came on here and told everybody some inside information about Ben's overdose, when in reality, everybody already knew because it was in the news and she was sending him love and support and a speedy recovery... Are you seriously knocking her for that?
@Estelle.Landy I can't imagine what it would have been like living with this person, constantly having a go at you for the littlest things and making a big deal about them. I wish you all the best.

Thank you T!
Can you enlighten me further on something I can only come to EXPECT from such a person now.

Pfft. Estelle only created this thread to send love and support for Ben Zabel. :confused:
He needs to get over himself. He is the one on here spamming his SCOOPLA videos trying to stay relevant. Didn't he also say he has changed and learnt from his behaviour in Big Brother? This proves otherwise with him still making digs at Estelle :shifty:.

Yes but they are sucked into Skye this year......

Skye hates her ass, yet
Skye shows us her ass
Estelle Candy loves her ass,yet
Estelle Candy won't show us her ass

CONCLUSION:

We revel in Skye's self-hate whilst admiring her white Kardashian gold coast ghetto booty

We get curious as to why Estelle has tickets on her buns and adore her optimism, yet wonder why she refuses to perpetuate the self-held myth with a flash of that whale-eyed back stash?

IT's YOUR DUTY TO REPREzENT THAT BOOTY

;)

PS

Get betta soon thread topic dude.

The world needs ya

I think @Benjamin2012HM was saying that she never even met Ben and wasn't even on his season, so why is she taking it upon herself to start this thread, rather than let the forum posters discuss it.

Someone did start another thread after this one, without the word overdose in the heading, so it's not like it wouldn't have come up here. It's pretty unfortunate that the heading is blazing that info.

From what I can tell, the two of them (Ben 2012 and Estelle) always think the worst of each other.

It's too bad because it would have been nice if this thread was just supporting Ben Zabel, who is one of the few housemates that I care about.

I think Ben was saying that she never even met Ben and wasn't even on his season, so why is she taking it upon herself to start this thread, rather than let the forum posters discuss it.

Someone did start another thread after this one, without the word overdose in the heading, so it's not like it wouldn't have come up here.

From what I can tell, the two of them always think the worst of each other.

It's too bad because it would have been nice if this thread was just supporting Ben, who is one of the few housemates that I care about.

Even if she hasn't met Ben what's the difference between her or a fan posting a thread to show support for Ben on here? The news was already available from news.com.au. She wasn't revealing any personal details that wasn't already being reported. This is just a cheap shot from Benjamin. He just likes to bag people for any little thing. He hasn't changed. He is still self-centred and it's all about him.

Estelle is just like any other fan/human on this planet. She can start or comment on any thread she likes. Because she was on BB doesn't hold her to some super human moral code or standard. Not sure what Ben is expecting! No other ex-HM is held to this made up code... only the ones he doesn't like. He is also hypocritical... as a little later in the podcast he says it is a GOOD thing to bring and raise awareness to suicide/mental illness. Which is exactly what Estelle was doing.

Estelle is just like any other fan/human on this planet. She can start or comment on any thread she likes. Because she was on BB doesn't hold her to some super human moral code or standard. Not sure what Ben is expecting! No other ex-HM is held to this made up code... only the ones he doesn't like. He is also hypocritical... as a little later in the podcast he says it is a GOOD thing to bring awareness to suicide/mental illness and raise awareness. Which is exactly what Estelle was doing.
No one who cares about Ben would call a new thread " Ben Zabel overdose."

I would buy her being just another fan, but she isn't. She has an agenda she promotes along with her website and her love for any hot guy who snowboards. She hasn't started any other thread sharing news about other housemates, why start now? It's not as if she is a close friend like Tim or Tully.Maybe she has such love and respect for this forum she couldn't stand for people to wait until the news was a little more widely circulated.

It's nice to see a lot of supportive messages for Ben on this thread. I know he wasn't popular on this forum but it's good to see kind messages.
I think whether or not people liked him on BBAU, nobody wants to see another human being in so much pain that they feel there is no other way out. So yes, I wish him the very best going forward as do many others I am sure.

I would buy her being just another fan, but she isn't. She has an agenda she promotes along with her website and her love for any hot guy who snowboards. She hasn't started any other thread sharing news about other housemates, why start now? It's not as if she is a close friend like Tim or Tully.Maybe she has such love and respect for this forum she couldn't stand for people to wait until the news was a little more widely circulated.

What agenda does @Estelle.Landy promote?

May I add I shared Lawson's twitter and have contributed with ANY insights or media articles I come across.

I saw no one else had posted about the media article and thought as a now BB forumite I would post so you all knew and could send him the love.

I have no agenda.

And I'm very grateful for you sharing Lawson's twitter with all of us people, very grateful indeed.

???
I don't think Estelle is promoting her official website at all except for a link you can add on your profile page and then you have to click on Estelle's page in the first place to see it anyway while we have Benjamin in the other corner posting his SCOOPLA interviews in various parts and putting essentially the same interview in different threads every week to get his video views up. Estelle only joined here to expose some of the lies Benjamin was saying about her in his thread he created here called "Benjamin officially joins Behind Big Brother". She probably wouldn't have even joined this place otherwise. Benjamin has only joined up to this forum to promote his interviews. A self-centred and self-serving reason for joining here.

Back to the issue of who started this thread: There is no difference between Estelle and another random BBB member starting a thread with support for Ben. The topic was going to be started anyway.

May I add I shared Lawson's twitter and have contributed with ANY insights or media articles I come across.

I saw no one else had posted about the media article and thought as a now BB forumite I would post so you all knew and could send him the love.

I have no agenda.
We're so lucky. So nice of you to think of us instead of Ben perhaps wanting/ deserving privacy since you don't know him at all. I notice TimDormer, Ben's close friend, hasn't posted about it here.

One suggestion the next housemate trauma you share, maybe post " Support [housemate] in hospital" so that the word "overdose" or whatever trauma happens isn't so prominent. It leads more to speculation than support; same as now this debate between you and Ben has derailed the entire reason you said you created the thread. Had another person started this thread, it wouldn't have been an issue.

Thanks for your many contributions and concern for the forum. Just so you know, there is a way to donate to help keep the forum afloat as well. Plus you get a cute little banner.

We're so lucky. So nice of you to think of us instead of Ben perhaps wanting/ deserving privacy since you don't know him at all. I notice TimDormer, Ben's close friend, hasn't posted about it here.

One suggestion the next housemate trauma you share, maybe post " Support [housemate] in hospital" so that the word "overdose" or whatever trauma happens isn't so prominent. It leads more to speculation than support; same as now this debate between you and Ben has derailed the entire reason you said you created the thread. Had another person started this thread, it wouldn't have been an issue.

Thanks for your many contributions and concern for the forum. Just so you know, there is a way to donate to help keep the forum afloat as well. Plus you get a cute little banner.

Instagram is not privacy. Unless I got this whole internet thing all wrong?

I think you're being a bit harsh.
I personally was upset to hear about Ben (and I don't know him personally, nor do 99% of the people in this forum)
That doesn't mean we can't have empathy and wish him all the best.
I honestly don't think enough attention is paid to mental health in this country and the intent was NOT to create drama or have petty arguments. Estelle was just creating a thread where we could pass on our best wishes.
It doesn't need to devolve in this way.

I don't see how there's remotely anything wrong with estelle.landy letting people know...

Best wishes to Ben and I hope things improve - and that he and Tim head of to Gracelands and that it's a great uplifting experience. :)

Depression and isolation is very painful - and it can befall the most beautiful, sensitive human beings...
Plenty hated Ben (inside The Game) but as a person I think he was generous and kind, and masked pain with humour and quips, and still seems so...

Truly hope things get (way) better for him.

I think you're being a bit harsh.
I personally was upset to hear about Ben (and I don't know him personally, nor do 99% of the people in this forum)
That doesn't mean we can't have empathy and wish him all the best.
I honestly don't think enough attention is paid to mental health in this country and the intent was NOT to create drama or have petty arguments. Estelle was just creating a thread where we could pass on our best wishes.
It doesn't need to devolve in this way.
Maybe I'm harsh but its my opinion. I don't agree that she was merely creating a best wishes thread. I don't believe she was merely acting for the benefit of the forum when she was so keen to be sure it was posted. She took it on herself to inform everyone without considering what was best for Ben, someone she isn't close to. Intentions don't cover for the actual, predictable result. The predictable result was that plenty of criticism would be directed at Ben along with the support.

The thread devolved even more when the the focus became Ben2012 v. Estelle, something that would have easily been avoided. The hostility between these two is as predictable as the sun rising. Maybe something she could have thought through.

Maybe I'm so harsh because I care about Ben Zabel and I think his privacy deserves more respect. He deserves better than this mess of a thread.

Back