Skip to main content

Ben Zabel recovering from overdose - Support for him

Maybe I'm harsh but its my opinion. I don't agree that she was merely creating a best wishes thread. I don't believe she was merely acting for the benefit of the forum when she was so keen to be sure it was posted. She took it on herself to inform everyone without considering what was best for Ben, someone she isn't close to. Intentions don't cover for the actual, predictable result. The predictable result was that plenty of criticism would be directed at Ben along with the support.

The thread devolved even more when the the focus became Ben2012 v. Estelle, something that would have easily been avoided. The hostility between these two is as predictable as the sun rising. Maybe something she could have thought through.

Maybe I'm so harsh because I care about Ben Zabel and I think his privacy deserves more respect. He deserves better than this mess of a thread.

Aww - I assume it would become a thread whenever.. And that that thread might well become messy (but agreed the Ben12 v Estelle is no good)(but honestly can't blame Estelle for that).

But I think when all's said and done, it's better for people to talk about it.. There have been some very worthwhile posts in this, and hopefully people who've read everything walk away with greater, more thoughtful understanding of sufferers and approaches to that suffering. Isn't that as worthwhile as anything on BBB.?!

I really enjoyed that podcast!! So much inside info from @Benjamin2012HM !! The finale sounds fantastic and his response to the kiss, marry, kill.... Lol!!! I also LOVE that he is smart enough to acknowledge Skye as a strong contender to win and that he loves Priya. Oh, also that he recognised the unnecessary negativity in David during the eviction interview...

I agree with him; as an EX HM who doesn't know Ben Zabel personally, and that she just commented above by throwing Skye ( who we ALL know she can't stand!) into the same category with Bradley and Ben as 'perceived producers favourite'... The whole thing is odd to be honest.

I think the strangest part about her posting this click bait heading on this forum is that it is in the current HM Forum with its own title when it could have simply been posted as an article in a thread about EX HM's, or the media thread... Agenda, agreed @Rose711

I really enjoyed that podcast!! So much inside info from @Benjamin2012HM !! The finale sounds fantastic and his response to the kiss, marry, kill.... Lol!!! I also LOVE that he is smart enough to acknowledge Skye as a strong contender to win and that he loves Priya. Oh, also that he recognised the unnecessary negativity in David during the eviction interview...

I agree with him; as an EX HM who doesn't know Ben Zabel personally, and that she just commented above by throwing Skye ( who we ALL know she can't stand!) into the same category with Bradley and Ben as 'perceived producers favourite'... The whole thing is odd to be honest.

I think the strangest part about her posting this click bait heading on this forum is that it is in the current HM Forum with its own title when it could have simply been posted as an article in a thread about EX HM's, or the media thread... Agenda, agreed @Rose711

Where is the lie?, Skye along with Bradley and Ben were favoured by the producers otherwise they wouldn't have been shown and played up so much during the shows. Also somebody else would have started this thread if Estelle hadn't started it first, so I don't see the problem.

Maybe I'm harsh but its my opinion. I don't agree that she was merely creating a best wishes thread. I don't believe she was merely acting for the benefit of the forum when she was so keen to be sure it was posted. She took it on herself to inform everyone without considering what was best for Ben, someone she isn't close to. Intentions don't cover for the actual, predictable result. The predictable result was that plenty of criticism would be directed at Ben along with the support.

What intentions did Estelle have for creating this thread? You do know that this thread would have been created anyway?

The thread devolved even more when the the focus became Ben2012 v. Estelle, something that would have easily been avoided. The hostility between these two is as predictable as the sun rising. Maybe something she could have thought through.

It only became that when Ben Norris started talking about it on the Survivour Podcast. @Estelle.Landy was only responding to attacks on her character.

Maybe I'm so harsh because I care about Ben Zabel and I think his privacy deserves more respect. He deserves better than this mess of a thread.

I'm not sure you do. I think you are just trolling or you are being very ignorant.[DOUBLEPOST=1416471937][/DOUBLEPOST]
I pretty much disagreed with everything in that Podcast. And who were those two running the Podcast? The girl was pretending to be an airhead valley gurl. Was it meant to all be a joke or parody of another show?

No, it's real.

Where is the lie?, Skye along with Bradley and Ben were favoured by the producers otherwise they wouldn't have been shown and played up so much during the shows. Also somebody else would have started this thread if Estelle hadn't started it first, so I don't see the problem.
You don't think it's in HORRIBLY bad taste to insinuate, under the circumstances of the topic of the thread, that Ben was a show pony and was favoured by the producers?!

I don't think a thread would have been created on this Forum at all TBH. I think the tweet may have appeared in the media or Past HM's thread.

You don't think it's in HORRIBLY bad taste to insinuate, under the circumstances of the topic of the thread, that Ben was a show pony and was favoured by the producers?!

Who has been insinuating that?

I don't think a thread would have been created on this Forum at all TBH. I think the tweet may have appeared in the media or Past HM's thread.

I probably would have created the thread if @Estelle.Landy hadn't.

Have you not seen that he posted this on Instagram FIRST and tagged #oberdose #depression and two magazines.

I'm not defending anything. I could seperate the non objective one eyed Ben fans. As usua having an attack for something if reversed would have been praise. And dismissing his bulky mentality.

Love that you've all dismissed the horrendous comment about Ryan "the dumbest person I know. "

Instead grabbing onto ZERO anything. My intentions as USUAL were pure and that's that.

She is the producers favourite you noob. Ask any housemate other than her closet friends what she's like.
And how it is. Ask Leo ever.

Also to the Skye lover - yet

You're trying to make this about Ben when it's about Skye for you.

I don't like Skye STOP TRYING TO MAKE FETCH HAPPEN.

Seems I'm not very good at the internet. On this ipad.

2u6chly.jpg

Ugh! Benjamin propaganda.

@Rose711

I may be wrong here, and @Estelle.Landy or even @marquisite may be able to clarify. But I think when this thread first started it just said Ben Zabel - Support for him.

I think maybe an admin added the word overdose.

In any case. @Estelle.Landy has been participating here most of the season, and unlike the other former housemates, actually goes all around the forums and replies to all different stuff. I'm not seeing the agenda.

Don't let this put you off staying around Estelle.

I may be wrong here, and @Estelle.Landy or even @marquisite may be able to clarify. But I think when this thread first started it just said Ben Zabel - Support for him.

I think maybe an admin added the word overdose.

That's correct. No less than three other topics were merged here from not knowing that this is the place for this kind of discussion. While the topic says this is a support thread, it was started in light of the unfortunate news of an overdose. The topic is no laughing matter. Having one good topic showing support is better than having three or four (or more) reposts of the news article that turn stale so the title was edited slightly so we all know what the thread is for.

EDIT: And I've just edited it further to take the emphasis off the overdose and instead put it on the recovery from said overdose. Better?

Last edited:
That's correct. No less than three other topics were merged here from not knowing that this is the place for this kind of discussion. While the topic says this is a support thread, it was started in light of the unfortunate news of an overdose. The topic is no laughing matter. Having one good topic showing support is better than having three or four (or more) reposts of the news article that turn stale so the title was edited slightly so we all know what the thread is for.
Thanks for clarifying Marquisite. I don't think there is a massive issue with having the descriptive title.

Someone did start another thread after this one, without the word overdose in the heading, so it's not like it wouldn't have come up here. It's pretty unfortunate that the heading is blazing that info.

No one who cares about Ben would call a new thread " Ben Zabel overdose."

One suggestion the next housemate trauma you share, maybe post " Support [housemate] in hospital" so that the word "overdose" or whatever trauma happens isn't so prominent. It leads more to speculation than support; same as now this debate between you and Ben has derailed the entire reason you said you created the thread. Had another person started this thread, it wouldn't have been an issue.
So there you go Rose. Estelle didn't even put overdose in the title, all she did was share the news article and send her love. Something she is entitled to do and doesn't look like any agenda to me.

I don't actually agree with you even if Estelle had in fact been the one to put overdose in the title, I just thought that in Estelle's defence she shouldn't be attacked for something she didn't even do. Hope that clears it up for you!

WOW. Feeding the BEAST? This thread has taken on a life of its own. Ben's situation is obviously VERY SERIOUS.
Wishing him all the very best and hope he manages to get himself on the plane to Graceland in January.

I'm totally a junior here, and I have no clout, nor honestly earnt-over-time respect.

But I will put it out there : it would be nice - and genuinely nice - for this thread to be for expressions of sympathy or encouragement. Not just for Ben, but for anyone struggling with things. Life can be tough. Not everyone has the good people around them to keep their heads up; not everyone can even if they have those people - it's not even that simple.

No complaint over people reasonably commenting on Ben12 v Estelle; just saying it would be nice(r) if people kept this to support for Ben and others, and maybe create a new thread for what Ben12 has said and Estelles response (as unpalatable as all that feels!).

Love you Benny, and hope things turnaround bigtime..! :) :)

EDIT: And I've just edited it further to take the emphasis off the overdose and instead put it on the recovery from said overdose. Better?

I was sure I was going mental. As I thought I was more careful than to write "Ben overdose "... Glad I still
Know how to kind of use the Internet thing.

You're trying to make this about Ben when it's about Skye for you.

I don't like Skye STOP TRYING TO MAKE FETCH HAPPEN.

Seems I'm not very good at the internet. On this ipad.

Excuse me? I was responding to your correlation between Bradley, Ben and Skye ALLEGEDLY being producer favourites which is pretty horrible considering you supposedly opened this thread to SUPPORT Ben!

YOU raised Skye's name (BEFORE I commented in here) in your typically jealous, obsessed fashion!!

Yes but they are sucked into Skye this year......

wish him a quick recovery, he's seems like a very nice person and he made me laugh, especially with Bert & Pattie

Even though Ben was not one of my faves, am wishing him a speedy recovery and anyone else out there struggling. It can be lonely and isolating and remember you are not alone. Reach out for help anyway you can. Talk, share, even if it's hard to. Depression hates a moving target.

Back