Skip to main content

Ben Chucks Mr Clooney

To be fair I don't mind either of those.
The posters that complained don't seem to grasp basic dominance indicators or boundaries that are needed for dogs.
As another poster said, their dogs would run the house rampant.

No, he'd be criticized for that as well.

If you think the way to show a dog dominance is to do what Ben did you are flat out wrong. Mr Clooney dominated Ben

That Ben could not handle the situation without mauling the dog means he lost the dominance battle , and it was not close.

Mr Clooney is a working breed dog and, like all dogs, he has worked out where he fits in the "pack". He has pegged Ben as the youngest puppy of them all and therefore his inferior and playmate which is why he "nips" him to keep him in line when Ben tries to dominate him.

Mr Clooney likes Ben, Ben is his inferior status playmate, Ben is his chew-toy.

Ben does not like being the chew-toy of a dog. Ben does not know how to be a dominant personality. Ben does not like being dominated by a puppy and Ben does not like sleeping in a bed that is full of dog hair and smells like dog.

I love animals and would never hurt one but if a dog treated me the way Mr Clooney treated Ben it would find itself locked in the bathroom for the night!

If you think the way to show a dog dominance is to do what Ben did you are flat out wrong. Mr Clooney dominated Ben

That Ben could not handle the situation without mauling the dog means he lost the dominance battle , and it was not close.

Ben should go to the school of Tully, she's an expert in dominance. See Drew as an example.

Dominated? Are you sure? Because according to this thread Ben was violent and chucked the dog across the room!!!

Yep I even remember Ben saying he was dominated by MC at the end cause he jumped up on the bed & lay where the pillows were, apparently Ben said this was to exert his position as 'above' Ben.. lolz

this thread:
anigif_enhanced-buzz-31689-1355761210-14.gif

absolutely!!!!

Had to put this vid on this page too.

yeah I know Mr Clooney's not being vicious but maybe he needs to be taken for proper walks outside the house? .

That's what I think too. They could easily have Mikk leave Mr C left in the diary room each morning so a handler could then collect him and take him for a proper walk each day. Walks are a very important part of keeping a dogs mind balanced which aids in appropriate behaviour. I am sure if that was happening it would have been made clear to the public tho so I assume it isn't happening.

Last edited:
Dominated? Are you sure? Because according to this thread Ben was violent and chucked the dog across the room!!!

Ben tried to assert dominance by chucking Mr C off the bed however by Mr Cs continual return shows it was Mr C who did win the dominance battle. At least for some time anyway as I assume eventually MrC did stay off.

Whoever said Ben mauled the dog has obviously never seen anything mauled! His approach wasn't overly effective in getting control but it wasn't anything nasty or vicious or bad for a dog that size, just a case of someone trying to control a dogs behaviour without having the proper skills or knowledge to do so.

Dogs are pack animals and the dominance of each pack member defines the position in the pack. Mr Cs biting at ankles and jumping on the bed etc can be signs of him thinking he has more dominance over Ben, or at least testing it. And probably boredom with the nipping of ankles. It doesn't mean Mr C has clocked Ben as a bad person.

I love dogs but I don't assume that people who don't are bad people. Some people are uncomfortable with dogs, the dogs sense that and respond accordingly. The dogs aren't responding to a 'bad person' just an uncomfortable energy level

Last edited:
Yep I even remember Ben saying he was dominated by MC at the end cause he jumped up on the bed & lay where the pillows were, apparently Ben said this was to exert his position as 'above' Ben.. lolz

That is a sign of Mr C trying to dominate him

Mr Clooney is a working breed dog and, like all dogs, he has worked out where he fits in the "pack". He has pegged Ben as the youngest puppy of them all and therefore his inferior and playmate which is why he "nips" him to keep him in line when Ben tries to dominate him.

Mr Clooney likes Ben, Ben is his inferior status playmate, Ben is his chew-toy.

Ben does not like being the chew-toy of a dog. Ben does not know how to be a dominant personality. Ben does not like being dominated by a puppy and Ben does not like sleeping in a bed that is full of dog hair and smells like dog.

I love animals and would never hurt one but if a dog treated me the way Mr Clooney treated Ben it would find itself locked in the bathroom for the night!

Yayyyyyy a sensible post about this. I agree ... A dog showing disobedience like that in my house would not be tolerated

I started this thread and nowhere did I use the words "violent", or "across the room".

I wrote "I thought that the way Ben handled Mr Clooney in a recent episode, was very heavy handed. He literally chucked the dog off his bed several times."

If you saw the original video footage, that's EXACTLY what happened. Mr C. WASN'T placed on the floor, like some people here would have you believe. He was literally thrown away SEVERAL TIMES, from about Bens waist height, by an angry and tired Ben.

Chucked means thrown away carelessly, for your information. Mr C. might have been playing, but Ben wasn't. It was interesting to see a different side to Ben, instead of the sanitised nan and mom talking photo ops, that we have been fed almost every other day. Its a pity, that it was the dog that was in danger of getting hurt and not Ben. I wonder if he told nan and mom that he chucked the dog off his bed, but the dog wouldn't get the message. Did someone say that the dog was 8 months old and Ben is what - THIRTY?

I still say, if Ben was incapable of handling the situation, he should have called for Mikkayla, the designated carer. I'm glad that there are a few animal lovers here.

Ben tried to assert dominance by chucking Mr C off the bed however by Mr Cs continual return shows it was Mr C who did win the dominance battle. At least for some time anyway as I assume eventually MrC did stay off.

Whoever said Ben mauled the dog has obviously never seen anything mauled! His approach wasn't overly effective in getting control but it wasn't anything nasty or vicious or bad for a dog that size, just a case of someone trying to control a dogs behaviour without having the proper skills or knowledge to do so.

Dogs are pack animals and the dominance of each pack member defines the position in the pack. Mr Cs biting at ankles and jumping on the bed etc can be signs of him thinking he has more dominance over Ben, or at least testing it. And probably boredom with the nipping of ankles. It doesn't mean Mr C has clocked Ben as a bad person.

I love dogs but I don't assume that people who don't are bad people. Some people are uncomfortable with dogs, the dogs sense that and respond accordingly. The dogs aren't responding to a 'bad person' just an uncomfortable energy level
I whole heatedly agree, chump!
I started this thread and nowhere did I use the words "violent", or "across the room".

I wrote "I thought that the way Ben handled Mr Clooney in a recent episode, was very heavy handed. He literally chucked the dog off his bed several times."

If you saw the original video footage, that's EXACTLY what happened. Mr C. WASN'T placed on the floor, like some people here would have you believe. He was literally thrown away SEVERAL TIMES, from about Bens waist height, by an angry and tired Ben.

Chucked means thrown away carelessly, for your information. Mr C. might have been playing, but Ben wasn't. It was interesting to see a different side to Ben, instead of the sanitised nan and mom talking photo ops, that we have been fed almost every other day. Its a pity, that it was the dog that was in danger of getting hurt and not Ben. I wonder if he told nan and mom that he chucked the dog off his bed, but the dog wouldn't get the message. Did someone say that the dog was 8 months old and Ben is what - THIRTY?

I still say, if Ben was incapable of handling the situation, he should have called for Mikkayla, the designated carer. I'm glad that there are a few animal lovers here.

There's plenty of animal lovers here, just a couple are animal obsessors getting hysterical over a non event.
Its embarrassing give up.

Sigh.... This is an OTT attempt to make something minor into a big deal. I'm neither pro nor anti Ben but for him to attempt discipline was a good thing. To go straight to Mikkayla would just reinforce the idea the Mr C has more dominance that Ben.

I am one of the people who objected to Ben's treatment of Mr Clooney.
I have mainly enjoyed Ben as a HM (MumandNana photo chats aside) despite not quite buying his consistent and well-developed schtick.
I wasn't watching with sanctimonious hope of finally having some dirt on Ben. I was simply watching and pleased there was some Mr Clooney footage.
Ben was angry and rough with Mr Clooney, a puppy who has been entrusted to his and the other HMs' care. I expect it was a condition of admission to the house that HMs agreed to live with and help take care of a dog. I believe Ben would have indicated he was happy to share a house with Mr Clooney.
I didn't like Ben's angry rough treatment of Mr Clooney and I said so, but would not characterise myself as hysterical or distraught or calling it the worst case of animal abuse of all time. I don't think anyone has made such hyperbolic claims. Nonetheless, every person who didn't like it and said so has been told off a treat and belittled by people who don't agree with them.
But we don't all have to agree about this, or anything else.
And I will continue to think it was ugly behaviour from Ben that could have (but thankfully didn't) ended in injury for Mr Clooney.

storm meet teacup

that ben doesn't like animals isn't news, and it is definitely another reason to dislike him. but his mishandling of MrC, whilst laughably inept, was never dangerous or malicious.

Ok - I just went back & watched it. I'm an extreme dog lover having 2 of my own. I honestly didn't see anything wrong in the way Ben handled Mr. Clooney (other than it didn't work of course). I can't stand Ben so I have no reason to be biased. Would have been more interesting if Ben had dropped out of his smarmy character & yelled at Mr. Clooney:)

Back