Skip to main content

Ben Chucks Mr Clooney

tedfthis

OLD Member, Gold Coast
I thought that the way Ben handled Mr Clooney in a recent episode, was very heavy handed. He literally chucked the dog off his bed several times. It was good to see that Mr Clooney won the battle though, but animal lovers, won't have liked Ben's attitude towards the house pet.

being a bit pedantic arent we?

i saw no problem with the way he was handled, its not like he threw him onto his back, his legs were towards the ground and he landed fine, and its bed height, not even a meter off the ground, and the dog jumps on and off himself anyway, clearly he could handle it either way.

storm in a teacup.

Animal lovers can bugger off then, nobody has to put up with a dog taking over their bed if they don't want to. Can't stand it when people think it's mean to chuck them off a bed as if they belong in bed with people. Nothing wrong at all with being firm with it and there's no harm done to the dog at all.

Ben doesn't understand emotions in other people, let a alone animals.

He is entirely self focused in attention and concern.

The other day he was interjecting himself in a personal discussion. Someone burst into tears and he didn't even flinch or notice it. So as if he'd have concerns about the well being of a dog.

Oh god are people really this ridiculous?
All he did was take the dog off the bed, I don't even know how he was rough?

This is such crap. I'm not even a Ben fan but there's no way he hurt that dog. Exactly what someone said above, the dog jumps up and down off the bed all the time, shoving or "throwing" it off ain't gonna hurt it, trust me, I've done it a million times. If he'd been a bit firmer with his words he'd have taught the dog a new lesson too.

we've been through this in about 10 other threads.

-Ben has no idea how to handle a dog.
-the dog absolutely loved it
-he was clumsy and had very little control at times but there was no malice in what he did
-the dog absolutely loved it
-he was clearly out of his depth and probably should have got Mikkayla to help him out
-the dog absolutely loved it.

I'm an extreme animal lover and even I throw my cat off the bed sometimes when she claws my face out of affection and dribbles in my eyes and mouth and ears and every orifice on my face. Dogs love it when people are rough with them because they think you want to play so joke was on Ben anyway

Having cared for a dog through two cruciate ligament repairs I would never throw a dog around like that, no matter how much they loved it. They are not just made of strong bones and teeth, they can be injured quite easily. It was the small distance from bed to floor that caused my dog to rupture his first ligament, and the second was a consequence of the first, as it often is. (He "absolutely loved" the leap but then screamed upon landing, it was awful.) And Ben was angry and not in control of himself. I didn't like it at all and so far none of the apologists have persuaded me otherwise.

I would never throw a dog around like that, no matter how much they loved it. They are not just made of strong bones and teeth, they can be injured quite easily. ... And Ben was angry and not in control of himself. I didn't like it at all and so far none of the apologists have persuaded me otherwise.

Ditto.

It's like justifying hitting a strange child (or your own for that matter) because they're annoying you. He threw that dog down and the anger and venom behind his movements repulsed me.

Last edited:
Even if it was rough (which I don't think it was but I'm not a dog expert) Ben probably had no idea. I very much doubt it's his intention to hurt the dog in any way. For you to start a thread about this accusing Ben of being very rough with an animal is not fair. I'm not really a Ben fan but I know he'd be really saddened by people talking about this and starting damn threads about it.

I have already spokenito PETA and they are on to it. Guess you flipped about Obama killing that fly as well.

These anti-Ben threads are usually started by Tim's followers who are trying to mobilize antagonism against Tim's enemies in the house.

Ditto.

It's like justifying hitting a strange child (or your own for that matter) because they're annoying you. He threw that dog down and the anger and venom behind his movements repulsed me.

Anger and venom.. really? He was exhausted and tired and exasperated because the dog kept jumping up every time he pushed him off. It was a game to the dog, and in the end Ben realised he'd lost because the dog was sleeping above his pillow. Wow, he was so mad he gave up and let the dog sleep with him? Yeah sounds real venomous...

Having cared for a dog through two cruciate ligament repairs I would never throw a dog around like that, no matter how much they loved it. They are not just made of strong bones and teeth, they can be injured quite easily. It was the small distance from bed to floor that caused my dog to rupture his first ligament, and the second was a consequence of the first, as it often is. (He "absolutely loved" the leap but then screamed upon landing, it was awful.) And Ben was angry and not in control of himself. I didn't like it at all and so far none of the apologists have persuaded me otherwise.

Ditto.

Really, you're comparing putting a dog off the bed to hitting a child?
Did you expect Ben to place Mr Clooney on the pillow and slowly carry him down onto the floor or something?!
Geez there are some ridiculous people on this forum.

What Ben did would hardly hurt a young and sturdy dog like Mr Clooney, but I was still displeased by his attitude.

Back