Skip to main content

Ben (2013) is back...Tuesday

Ahoy-hoy,

Just wondering if anyone has any updates re Ben's partner status? I vaguely remember him saying last year that he'd "never had a boyfriend?" Surely after his eviction he would've had a buttload (non-homophobic pun intended) of groupies throwing themselves at him. Anyone know whassup?

Or would that sort of "character" development go against his grain? Or, indeed, rub him the wrong way?

"Oh Rudiger, you cynical bastard..."

or just "Rudiger, you bastard."

Why all the hatred for Ben 2013?
You guys got what you wanted last year, I remember the concerted campaign to get Tim over the line, which involved denigrating Ben and trying to make out that he was a fraud.
All very unfair and nasty!
The Big Brother producers wouldn't be bringing him back if he didn't still have a big fanbase, independent of this group.

You guys got what you wanted last year, I remember the concerted campaign to get Tim over the line, which involved denigrating Ben and trying to make out that he was a fraud.
The Big Brother producers wouldn't be bringing him back if he didn't still have a big fanbase, independent of this group.

He WAS a fraud, he acted all naive in the house and then it came out that he had actually done stand-up comedy gigs, before he went into the house. He never mentioned that inside the house to my knowledge. It takes some guts to do stand-up comedy, especially if you are working on a new act and trying to get regular gigs. People that go to comedy shows, expect to be entertained and have some laughs, or it ISN'T funny. I'm sure if he has done any more gigs, since he left the house, he will draw on his life experience in the Big Brother house, as well as his other life experience for material, as all good comedians do.

Personally I am fed up with all the same/same wannabees, that are either out of work models, or out of work actors angling, for modelling, acting or media opportunities, after Big Brother. This is Big Brother not Centrelink. I dont want to see ex housemates flatmates, or cousins, sisters or brothers etc, I want to see the audition process respected. If Australia can't find 16-18 people who could possibly make an entertaining series, then cancel the show. Don't manipulate it into what you think we want. What happened to the ark and the storm promo's, nothing there lasted long, thats misrepresentation?

I want to see ordinary everyday people, from all walks of life, thrown into an extraordinary share house with a bunch of strangers. If, as a byproduct of them showing any real talent in a particular field, whilst in the house, then good luck to them, in what they get out of it. I'm not so sure that Ben13 has a large fan base either, he became the novelty act of last year, along with the Bobsy twins, who werent twins, but dressed alike anyway. Jason and Skye are this years novelty 'over the top' acts IMO. There arent too many ordinary people that turn out to be unique. Tim had a background in radio, so he would have had the patter to handle most situations, plus HE was ENTERTAINING. Bens 'act' wore thin very quickly and apart from turning up at the opening of an envelope, I havent read too much in the media of how well he has done out of Big Brother, 12 months ago.

Yeah. Everyone made out he was a fraud just to get their favourite Tim in the sweet spot. It's not like everything Ben did was contrived and calculated with zero genuine or authentic moments shown. Oh, wait.

So according to the promo, Ben was last year's "funniest housemate".

lol

tumblr_mjwvj7svUR1ql5yr7o4_250.gif

Ben From Brisbane launches new show after Big Brother re-entry
13th October, 2014 | Written by: Bobbi-Lea Dionysius | 0

Ben From Brisbane.
Photo Supplied.

Back by popular social media demand, Big Brother 2013 housemate, affectionately known as ‘Ben From Brisbane’, will return to the Big Brother house for a 4-day stint as a celebrity guest starting tomorrow (Tuesday).

Then in a comedy exposé on life after reality TV, Ben will launch his new show, Ben From Brisbane: A Quiet Night In, as part of Brisbane Powerhouse’s Wonderland Festival from 7th December.

Australia fell in love with the antique loving, tea drinking, snort laughing, Ben Zabel during his time in the Big Brother house last year and since his eviction, he has been continually swamped with the most bizarre questions and daily requests for selfies with fans.

Dressed in his comfy pyjamas, Ben will give an honest account of life before, during, and after Big Brother with, “the good, the bad, the ugly, the highs, the lows, the best, the worst – in equal amounts.”

Before re-entering the Big Brother house tomorrow, Aussie Theatre’s Queensland correspondent Bobbi-Lea, got a chance to catch up with Ben to ask a few questions of her own.

When asked what the audience is to expect from the show, Ben is quick to clarify that the show is not a ‘show’ as such. He explains, “When I got evicted, people weren’t expecting it, so there wasn’t a proper eviction show with insightful questions.” Ben explains that the show will be more like an extended eviction party where the audience will get to ask all the questions they want, to “get it out of our system,” but feels it will probably be more like therapy.

Questions like, “When are you and Tim going to Graceland?” and, “Do you keep in touch with Bert and Pattie?”, will be answered amongst others. A few were even answered during this interview.

When asked how a shy reclusive flight attendant has coped with his growth in celebrity status, Ben’s charmingly self-effacing response was, “I don’t. I’m highly medicated.” He added, “Before I went into the house, I had to do mindfulness therapy for a month.”

Ben also added that housemates were offered therapy upon eviction of the Big Brother house, but surprisingly, he didn’t take them up on it, “I didn’t need the therapy when I came out because I came out to love and acceptance and kindness. But I’ll have to say in the last year that there’s been ups and downs and round-a-bouts but I have my inner circle for that.”

Being a tea lover, another obvious question was his favourite cup of tea, “I don’t drink regular tea, only herbal, whereas my mum calls it whoopie tea. My mum drinks cranberry and raspberry, but to me a fruit herbal tea is an infusion – it’s like drinking fruit salad. I’ve always drunk dandelion tea, but I drank chamomile in the house – it was on the shopping list, but I always had to hide it from the other housemates.”

For this and more on the life of a former reality TV contestant, come armed with questions to Ben’s intimate pyjama party at the Brisbane Powerhouse – BYO PJ’s.

Ben From Brisbane: A Quiet Night In (presented by Sam Klingner Entertainment and Christopher Wayne), will run from 7-11 December as part of the Powerhouse’s inaugural Wonderland Festival. For the die-hard fans, you can even book in a celebrity meet and greet with Ben.

For more details visit the Brisbane Powerhouse Website: Ben From Brisbane: A Quiet Night In.

http://aussietheatre.com.au/news/ben-brisbane-launches-new-show-big-brother-re-entry#.VDvOCVfDV_J

What a load of shit.
YES! THIS^^

There you go, in bold. The answer to your own question.

I'm loving Ben being back! It means now I have the time to catch up on The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Gotham, Star Wars Rebels and all the episodes of the Daily Show and Colbert Report I've got recorded on my IQ box since I won't be watching BB. I might even get a chance to watch Under the Dome S2 if I get really desperate.

Ben being in the house means I've got an entire 4 night of BB that I don't need to watch. Given that this week's BB episodes will be focussed on Ben and Travis. Really why would I want to waste my life watching BB episodes based on a guy who didn't make it to half way last year and a guy who can't even say, nor understand, the word melancholy?

I think I might finally be free of the BB 2014 curse! Thanks whoever's idea it was to pull this stunt, you've saved my life!

Have been lurking this site since last year, finally made an account the other day but this has prompted my first ever comment....

FUCK NO! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, PLEASE, FUCKING PLEASE, DON'T LET THAT CREEPY, FAKE ASS WEIRDO BACK ON MY TV SCREEN! FUCK THIS, I'M NOT WATCHING THAT SHIT
agreed

Back