Skip to main content

Ben (2013) is back...Tuesday

XSPq2Q7.jpg

Have been lurking this site since last year, finally made an account the other day but this has prompted my first ever comment....

FUCK NO! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, PLEASE, FUCKING PLEASE, DON'T LET THAT CREEPY, FAKE ASS WEIRDO BACK ON MY TV SCREEN! FUCK THIS, I'M NOT WATCHING THAT SHIT

Have been lurking this site since last year, finally made an account the other day but this has prompted my first ever comment....

FUCK NO! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, PLEASE, FUCKING PLEASE, DON'T LET THAT CREEPY, FAKE ASS WEIRDO BACK ON MY TV SCREEN! FUCK THIS, I'M NOT WATCHING THAT SHIT

Welcome kaytee. I'm deaf, but you wont make friends here by SHOUTING :). Caps lock key is on the left hand side of the keyboard. I dont want to see any more of the fake Ben from Brisbane either, but this is obviously what Channel 9 thinks is popular. IMO they are wrong.

Welcome kaytee. I'm deaf, but you wont make friends here by SHOUTING :). Caps lock key is on the left hand side of the keyboard. I dont want to see any more of the fake Ben from Brisbane either, but this is obviously what Channel 9 thinks is popular. IMO they are wrong.

Hmm, I was just expressing my anger and I felt capitals were a very appropriate way of showing my tone and how I felt. If people have that big of a problem with it then I don't need them as friends :)

No wait...

does anyone believe the shit he's selling?

I'm trying to be all normal about this but this is pushing my fucking LIMITS

I'm ready to go off and it's like this bloody weasel wins again

Email/Insta/fb/tweet so i get back in the house

FUCK YOU... you left for a reason!!
I am totally with you here. In fact I could only feel more strongly if they were to allow Tully's insufferable presence into the House yet again.

On the other hand, instead of having Surly again, as well, they could always have pyjama-boy confined to peering out from the bathroom drain.

Last edited:
Edited to remove Ben info. Didn't think about the front page article being a spoiler.

Forgot about that. Oh yeah, I'm a vegetarian who can't cut vegetables. Makes sense.

His preferred brand of cheap pajamas is Best N less as he said a million times last year. *Whiney voice* "I only got these from Best n Lessssss" for 5 dollars
Bloke was trying so hard to get a job pimping Best&Less. I loved Tim's reaction when Ben first announced that from then on he'd only wear pyjamas. He, like many of us, saw straight through the "poor little old me" act and recognised a studied stage persona for what it was.

Bloke was trying so hard to get a job pimping Best&Less. I loved Tim's reaction when Ben first announced that from then on he'd only wear pyjamas. He, like many of us, saw straight through the "poor little old me" act and recognised a studied stage persona for what it was.

What was Tim's reaction? I don't remember. Tim knew all along Ben was his biggest threat and would be the first to admit it (in his thread he said). The thing about Ben's strategy last year was he played so vulnerable and pathetic that if you did anything against him or to upset him you were putting yourself in the firing line to go home. Tim knew this and had to skate around it. For a little bit Ben was playing dirty with Tim and kept getting upset at whatever Tim would say and kept implying Tim was always coming after him. He'd make slights against Tim in Noms and the Diary Room where Tim couldn't make a rebuttal and I very much believed he would make up things knowing no one could negate him in that situation. Very sly man he was.

Genuine heart and authenticity won out it in the end though!

What was Tim's reaction? I don't remember. Tim knew all along Ben was his biggest threat and would be the first to admit it (in his thread he said). The thing about Ben's strategy last year was he played so vulnerable and pathetic that if you did anything against him or to upset him you were putting yourself in the firing line to go home. Tim knew this and had to skate around it. For a little bit Ben was playing dirty with Tim and kept getting upset at whatever Tim would say and kept implying Tim was always coming after him. He'd make slights against Tim in Noms and the Diary Room where Tim couldn't make a rebuttal and I very much believed he would make up things knowing no one could negate him in that situation. Very sly man he was.

Genuine heart and authenticity won out it in the end though!
Because Tim was was well aware of Ben's ability to manufacture victimhood and play a scene as if being bullied, all he could say in reply was "Oh noooo?? Why??" and "Riiiiiight...yeeeaahh they're comfortable, yeeahh" kinda stuff, while laughing but his tone and facial expression gave away he thought it was an obvious and lame schtick.

I don't think he was THAT fake, certainly TYPECAST and given a ROLE by the producers.

Oh I just remembered his monologues as I was typing that. Bye Ben.

Apologies if this theory has been posted before, but is it possible that 'Ben From Brisbane' is simply a character that Ben Zabel has created? Is he just a bloody good actor who has cleverly incorporated certain elements of his own life into this persona?

Also, with this pattern of returning housemates, when thinking about the "Big 3" from last year, are we that many weeks away from -

"the horror that dare not speak its name" -

Tully.

Shudder...

I liked both Ben and Tully. They were a hell of a lot more entertaining than the people we get in BB US.

Saw Ben and Tim spruiking their 'trip to graceland' upcoming show on morning tv. Ben was still playing the same ole role...
"I'll pack my favourites pyjamas and photo of mum. She's my best friend ya know. I'll need a couple of Zanax before the flight. I get anxious going any further than my letterbox usually. So glad my friend Tim will be there to hold my hand"
I watched the whole 3 minute segment wondering how the hell I listened to this dribble for weeks on end last year. Torturous.

Apologies if this theory has been posted before, but is it possible that 'Ben From Brisbane' is simply a character that Ben Zabel has created? Is he just a bloody good actor who has cleverly incorporated certain elements of his own life into this persona?

Also, with this pattern of returning housemates, when thinking about the "Big 3" from last year, are we that many weeks away from -

"the horror that dare not speak its name" -

Tully.

Shudder...

Didn't Ben also dabble in stand up comedy before his stint on Big Brother?

Tim was trying to corner the market in black and white skeletal onsies, hardly high fashion. They are probably popular at Halloween.

I dont think he is a bloody good actor, but he has a manipulating personality that cries victim if challenged. I hope he isnt in there to talk about mental health week, because that ISN'T the forum for it.

I dont think he is a bloody good actor, but he has a manipulating personality that cries victim if challenged. I hope he isnt in there to talk about mental health week, because that ISN'T the forum for it.

Doing so after Lisa had left would defeat the purpose anyway.

Saw Ben and Tim spruiking their 'trip to graceland' upcoming show on morning tv. Ben was still playing the same ole role...
"I'll pack my favourites pyjamas and photo of mum. She's my best friend ya know. I'll need a couple of Zanax before the flight. I get anxious going any further than my letterbox usually. So glad my friend Tim will be there to hold my hand"
I watched the whole 3 minute segment wondering how the hell I listened to this dribble for weeks on end last year. Torturous.

If they are going to all this trouble to raise $39,000.00, surely if Tim thinks its a good idea and he IS in media, he could afford to foot the bill himself and maybe make a quid out of it, by selling it to a network. It just shows Channel 9's commitment to it, if they cant find $39,000.00 in their overall budget, obviously they must think its got limited appeal too. It would at best, end up on GO. Its not going to be Andy & Hamish v2.0, I personally cant stand them (Andy & Hamish), but both of them have plenty of media experience and get good ratings for 9. I dont know why.

Back