Skip to main content

BBUSA: All Stars 2 on CBS

After giving up on BBUSA years back after finding it stale, but coming back for the two CBB seasons since I found the shorter format refreshing, I really fucked up by deciding to try give it a go again with All-Stars 2. This has been really boring to watch, but I'm in too deep to just stop now.

:(

This series would have really benefitted from a pandemic enforced shorter run with two cycles a week, running for 6-8 weeks in total. Maybe, just maybe, if the Veto Meeting wasn't three and a half days before the eviction they'd be more inclined to do some genuine backdoors if they knew they'd only have to deal with the fallout for 24 hours or so.

It's almost admirable how committed this season is to having the worst and most predictable outcome at ever turn. The Triple Eviction was a complete flop with A) warning them ahead of time, B) the three most predictable boots all happening in the most predictable order.

I guess at this point I'm rooting for Nicole just out of irony?

I also think this is the first time where my seven least favorite HGs are the entire final seven.

It's just laughable really how a final six made up of six former finalists can be so shockingly poor and dull. The biggest irony is how Nicole came on the show hoping to find some respect for her win back in BB18, yet she could end up winning this and have even less respect than she went into the house with.

I really liked Cody his first season and I think he’s playing a great game this season

He is the best positioned at the moment you would think. Hard to respect any games this year where there is so much of a herd mentality and he lost alot of respect from me for comparing David lying about his Disruptor power to OJ Simpson lying in his murder trial.

Enzo is the person I least have an issue with this year though it was annoying at the time when he didn't flip to keep David around, though that probably got him through from final 8 to final 4. At the moment a Cody and Enzo final two seems the most probable outcome, although the Veto this week could put a spanner in the works.

although the Veto this week could put a spanner in the works.
I don't see how. Even if the veto is used, it's still extremely likely the remaining original nominee will be the one evicted since it will either be a split vote broken by Cody (who presumably wouldn't turn on Enzo or Nicole as the replacement), the other possibility is the one that comes off the block will vote for the remaining original nominee since they'll realise voting the other way is pointless because of the tie and wouldn't want to look like they're working against the house.

The only upcoming spanner I foresee is if Christmas or Memphis (depending who survives the eviction) wins the next HoH.

This is still slogging along to a conclusion with such action packed episodes they've not shown the full titles for week. The series was pretty much dead once Janelle left anyway but the triple eviction put the final nails in the coffin - really wasn't worth it considering it meant the remainder of the game played out at pedestrian pace.

Was nice though to see fansite Hamsterwatch get a competition pretty much dedicated to them with the Veto Hamster Wheel comp. That's about the only level of excitement in the last few weeks.

I think Cody has played the best game all season long Enzo just thinks the played a good game

Well at least AFP was deserving... There hasn’t been a single person in that house deserving of the title for a while. Glad this disappointing series has finished... That said I doubt BB23 will be any better.

It does feel honest but as pointed out it is imperfect. It’s clear that her intentions were to affect Ian’s ability to move forward in the game based on his disability. That’s not ok... Attempting to say her intentions were otherwise does take away from other things she says in her apology. I do however acknowledge that this apology is only a starting off point, and it does sound like she’s taking this as an opportunity to look at situations differently.

I really think her seemingly new found Christianity is quite at odds with what the show usually celebrates.

It took me 6 months but I have now reached BB22 on my BBUS binge starting from BB2. I am unfortunately going into this knowing the entire boot list, result and overall everything about the season but I am interested to actually watch it and develop my own opinion on it. Overall I have enjoyed watching BBUS and an more open to watching Big Brother with this new format. However, in saying that it does also make me strongly more now so than ever feel that the UK/AUS format is true Big Brother and the style that I prefer and if anything makes me want BBAU to revert back to its original format. But like I said I am open to this new format I just however strongly feel that 'Big Brother' itself is how the overseas format works. I also feel like the 2020 BBAU season really struggled to identify with one of the two formats, it was flip flopping between the two almost as if it can't decide which way it wants to go. Which really is frustrating to watch because watching a show try to be something new but at the same time hang onto something new is just plain cringeworthy and just ruins the show overall. The casting in BBUS is definitly better than I had anticipated, and the gameplay in the US also just really helps juxtapose the difference in gameplay with BBAU and BBUS. BBAU's gameplay in 2020 honestly really sucked, a lot. No one played even a semi-good game, but that is also probably because it is only the first season of this format and we may hopefully see improved gameplay on subsequent seasons ( like we did with Australian survivor). Overall watching the BBUS seasons has made me even more so a purist of Big Brother, I firmly feel the audience vote with 6 weekly episodes is what true Big Brother is and I am ever more so a proponent of the opinion that format would still work it's just a matter of production treating with respect. However I am open minded to watching the new format play out regardless of my preference, as watching gameplay is actually interesting when also mixed with house dynamic. I just really now know what I prefer in Big Brother itself.

It took me 6 months but I have now reached BB22 on my BBUS binge starting from BB2. I am unfortunately going into this knowing the entire boot list, result and overall everything about the season but I am interested to actually watch it and develop my own opinion on it. Overall I have enjoyed watching BBUS and an more open to watching Big Brother with this new format. However, in saying that it does also make me strongly more now so than ever feel that the UK/AUS format is true Big Brother and the style that I prefer and if anything makes me want BBAU to revert back to its original format. But like I said I am open to this new format I just however strongly feel that 'Big Brother' itself is how the overseas format works. I also feel like the 2020 BBAU season really struggled to identify with one of the two formats, it was flip flopping between the two almost as if it can't decide which way it wants to go. Which really is frustrating to watch because watching a show try to be something new but at the same time hang onto something new is just plain cringeworthy and just ruins the show overall. The casting in BBUS is definitly better than I had anticipated, and the gameplay in the US also just really helps juxtapose the difference in gameplay with BBAU and BBUS. BBAU's gameplay in 2020 honestly really sucked, a lot. No one played even a semi-good game, but that is also probably because it is only the first season of this format and we may hopefully see improved gameplay on subsequent seasons ( like we did with Australian survivor). Overall watching the BBUS seasons has made me even more so a purist of Big Brother, I firmly feel the audience vote with 6 weekly episodes is what true Big Brother is and I am ever more so a proponent of the opinion that format would still work it's just a matter of production treating with respect. However I am open minded to watching the new format play out regardless of my preference, as watching gameplay is actually interesting when also mixed with house dynamic. I just really now know what I prefer in Big Brother itself.
I like both formats in fact so much that I’d love to be able to watch a true hybrid format one day.

I’m also still of the belief that BBAU in its prime really hasn’t been too far off the American format. You’ve had some form of a comparative HoH power in various different series and some form of direct competition seems to be something fans want. HM’s already have various ways of hinting at whom they’ll nominate regardless of the rules and generally factions do form so openly encouraging it really shouldn’t be as taboo as it is.

Looking at both formats they both suffer from their age... Both need something new to carry the show forward.

Back