• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

BBUSA: All Stars 2 on CBS

Rison

HOW'S THE TEA?
After giving up on BBUSA years back after finding it stale, but coming back for the two CBB seasons since I found the shorter format refreshing, I really fucked up by deciding to try give it a go again with All-Stars 2. This has been really boring to watch, but I'm in too deep to just stop now.

:(

Brekkie

Staff member
This series would have really benefitted from a pandemic enforced shorter run with two cycles a week, running for 6-8 weeks in total. Maybe, just maybe, if the Veto Meeting wasn't three and a half days before the eviction they'd be more inclined to do some genuine backdoors if they knew they'd only have to deal with the fallout for 24 hours or so.

troynuncdicit

It's almost admirable how committed this season is to having the worst and most predictable outcome at ever turn. The Triple Eviction was a complete flop with A) warning them ahead of time, B) the three most predictable boots all happening in the most predictable order.

I guess at this point I'm rooting for Nicole just out of irony?

I also think this is the first time where my seven least favorite HGs are the entire final seven.

Brekkie

Staff member
It's just laughable really how a final six made up of six former finalists can be so shockingly poor and dull. The biggest irony is how Nicole came on the show hoping to find some respect for her win back in BB18, yet she could end up winning this and have even less respect than she went into the house with.

Brekkie

Staff member
He is the best positioned at the moment you would think. Hard to respect any games this year where there is so much of a herd mentality and he lost alot of respect from me for comparing David lying about his Disruptor power to OJ Simpson lying in his murder trial.

Enzo is the person I least have an issue with this year though it was annoying at the time when he didn't flip to keep David around, though that probably got him through from final 8 to final 4. At the moment a Cody and Enzo final two seems the most probable outcome, although the Veto this week could put a spanner in the works.

Rison

HOW'S THE TEA?
although the Veto this week could put a spanner in the works.
I don't see how. Even if the veto is used, it's still extremely likely the remaining original nominee will be the one evicted since it will either be a split vote broken by Cody (who presumably wouldn't turn on Enzo or Nicole as the replacement), the other possibility is the one that comes off the block will vote for the remaining original nominee since they'll realise voting the other way is pointless because of the tie and wouldn't want to look like they're working against the house.

The only upcoming spanner I foresee is if Christmas or Memphis (depending who survives the eviction) wins the next HoH.

Brekkie

Staff member
This is still slogging along to a conclusion with such action packed episodes they've not shown the full titles for week. The series was pretty much dead once Janelle left anyway but the triple eviction put the final nails in the coffin - really wasn't worth it considering it meant the remainder of the game played out at pedestrian pace.

Was nice though to see fansite Hamsterwatch get a competition pretty much dedicated to them with the Veto Hamster Wheel comp. That's about the only level of excitement in the last few weeks.

Kingston

Canadian Royality
Well at least AFP was deserving... There hasn’t been a single person in that house deserving of the title for a while. Glad this disappointing series has finished... That said I doubt BB23 will be any better.

Kingston

Canadian Royality
It does feel honest but as pointed out it is imperfect. It’s clear that her intentions were to affect Ian’s ability to move forward in the game based on his disability. That’s not ok... Attempting to say her intentions were otherwise does take away from other things she says in her apology. I do however acknowledge that this apology is only a starting off point, and it does sound like she’s taking this as an opportunity to look at situations differently.