Skip to main content

BBUSA: All Stars 2 on CBS

All Stars has really kind of highlighted the eras of the show. I would say BB8-BB13 probably got a bit lost and I rarely completed the seasons on these, but almost all BBUSA seasons stand up better when rewatching later. I agree with Kingston on BB2/3, and BB4 and IMO BB5 are both worth watching in full too - the casting twists in BB5 especially were executed really well, the Twin Twist especially.

Personally I hated BB6 but for many people it's their favourites, and I think on the whole BBUSA suffered a bit in the late noughties for every series from BB4-BB9, along with BB11, BB13 and BB14 all relying on casting twists of some form. Of the shows middle ages BB10 and BB12, both without casting twists or indeed any other major twist, were by far the best.

I do think BBUSA has improved significantly in recent years in finding a confidence in itself and doing twists (many of which the BBUSA purists might hate) they wouldn't have done earlier. There will always be dud seasons or seasons that divide the fans, but usually they're worth enduring for what might follow.

As I expected the 4th episode wasn't up to much with the predictability of the eviction and the vote wasn't even close (as is the norm early on). At least we did get to see the next HoH in the episode, but the result didn't change the house dynamics at all. Which doesn't bode well for the coming week.

All Stars has really kind of highlighted the eras of the show. I would say BB8-BB13 probably got a bit lost and I rarely completed the seasons on these, but almost all BBUSA seasons stand up better when rewatching later. I agree with Kingston on BB2/3, and BB4 and IMO BB5 are both worth watching in full too - the casting twists in BB5 especially were executed really well, the Twin Twist especially.

Personally I hated BB6 but for many people it's their favourites, and I think on the whole BBUSA suffered a bit in the late noughties for every series from BB4-BB9, along with BB11, BB13 and BB14 all relying on casting twists of some form. Of the shows middle ages BB10 and BB12, both without casting twists or indeed any other major twist, were by far the best.

I do think BBUSA has improved significantly in recent years in finding a confidence in itself and doing twists (many of which the BBUSA purists might hate) they wouldn't have done earlier. There will always be dud seasons or seasons that divide the fans, but usually they're worth enduring for what might follow.

I think even with the production manipulation/rigging 13 still delivered and 11 is absolutely one of the best seasons. A great cast that was dynamic and bounced off of each other extremely well.

And I actually think 12 is one of the worst seasons of all time :3 I'm still scarred from how boring the feeds were and the endless Brigade pool tournaments. So so soooooo dreadfully boring, and I think it's only underlooked because of how bad 14 and 16 and 19 were afterwards.

I think me and you are on different ends of the spectrum when it comes to our appreciation of seasons - I loved BB16 and think BB12 was pretty decent too, but then I guess alot comes down to whether as a viewer you are with or against the dominating alliance. It's a weird one with BB6 in that regards - as I said before people seem to love it or hate it, but generally for the same reason. I hated the Friendship and thought it ruined the season, but most of those who love it hated the Friendship too.

Ultimately though I think with BBUSA, as perhaps with any version of Big Brother, each season does stand up in isolation.

On to last nights show and was predictable but all of Keesha's making - she put no effort into staying so had no right to be upset and bitchy about leaving. Her eviction was entirely her own doing through her own inaction.

Nominations and Safety:
Memphis nominated David and Nicole A - but managed to piss off everyone with his speech about them now being at the "grown ups table" and put a huge target on his back.

Christmas won the Safety Comp and saved Ian, the supposed target of her alliance.

It's beginning to get a bit messy.

I am upset about Keesha leaving cause she seemed really sweet, but it is true that she didn't really do anything to try save herself. Enzo seems very likeable and he seems to be playing good, I think he will go far. I think Cody and Tyler need to make sure all the alliances they are making don't come back to bite them.

If anything screwed Keesha over, it was her being a casting alternate who didn’t really get a chance to pregame like everyone else. It’s basically the same thing that happened to Candice in Survivor: Blood vs. Water.

She still managed to get $40,000 for just lounging around a house for a week so I guess she can’t be too upset. Memphis was a dick in his goodbye message to her though.

If anything screwed Keesha over, it was her being a casting alternate who didn’t really get a chance to pregame like everyone else. It’s basically the same thing that happened to Candice in Survivor: Blood vs. Water.

She still managed to get $40,000 for just lounging around a house for a week so I guess she can’t be too upset. Memphis was a dick in his goodbye message to her though.

ACTUALLY... Keesha was “screwed over” because she was clueless when it came time campaigning to get votes.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive though. It’s almost like it’s possible to acknowledge that Keesha just sat on the kitchen stool and on the bathroom bench for a week while also recognizing that she was an alternate who got put on the show only when Kaycee tested positive for COVID and as a result she was already starting from behind with the pregaming that was already going on for weeks.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive though. It’s almost like it’s possible to acknowledge that Keesha just sat on the kitchen stool and on the bathroom bench for a week while also recognizing that she was an alternate who got put on the show only when Kaycee tested positive for COVID and as a result she was already starting from behind with the pregaming that was already going on for weeks.

Both nominees were alternates... One did the ground work to stay and the other didn’t.

Regardless of pre-gaming Keesha had an obvious advantage over Kevin and still managed to be evicted.

You’re going to have a hard time convincing anyone here her eviction was a result of anything other than her own doing.

I think even with the production manipulation/rigging 13 still delivered and 11 is absolutely one of the best seasons. A great cast that was dynamic and bounced off of each other extremely well.

And I actually think 12 is one of the worst seasons of all time :3 I'm still scarred from how boring the feeds were and the endless Brigade pool tournaments. So so soooooo dreadfully boring, and I think it's only underlooked because of how bad 14 and 16 and 19 were afterwards.

You really are a beacon of insanity aren’t you? I can’t speak for everyone here but the reason I’ve stuck around this place for so long is the fact that we don’t have rabid fans running around crying foul every time something doesn’t go their way. We’re here to discuss the show not crazy conspiracy theories you’ve dug up on Twitter.

Keesha was the very last person to be leaked as part of the cast because for the longest time she wasn't part of the cast. Kevin's name was floating around for a week or two before Keesha was finally revealed as the mystery female maybe a week before the season started? There were endless comments on the feeds during the first week of people saying that they were shocked that Kaycee wasn't there and upset that she wasn't there. I don't know what "obvious advantage" Keesha had over Kevin?

Again, I think you should take your own advice. I've been discussing the show while you seem to have been discussing me, simply because you seem to have an issue with someone having a differing opinion to you. The shadiness of the Coup d'Etat in 11 and the F6 Pandora's Box in 13 are very well-documented and discussed across all corners of the show's fandom. I'm not going to disregard it just because you don't want to hear about it.

I wanted Keesha to stay just because Kevin mopes around and is obviously weak. Maybe we might have seen more from Keesha if things blew up.

This week there seems to be major drama over the nominations. I've seen bits and pieces over the feeds, curious to see the full story and how it pans out in the ep.

My picks for the win atm would have to be Danielle, Enzo, Christmas or Cody.

This week there seems to be major drama over the nominations. I've seen bits and pieces over the feeds, curious to see the full story and how it pans out in the ep.

My picks for the win atm would have to be Danielle, Enzo, Christmas or Cody.

It’s essentially ego... Memphis, Cody, and to a lesser extent Enzo feel like they have something to prove, but what they’re really proving is that they’ll never measure up to those they’re trying to emulate.

This last episode just goes to show what I said in my last post... Memphis’s game is all about ego. Smart move in trying to flush out the safety suite but if you want to be a true master of this game it’s about convincing people it’s the best move rather than commanding they to do it.

I think that was the most enjoyable episode so far? Memphis didn't quite get the negative edit I expect him to get (although judging by how everyone reacted to the Nom Ceremony it might come Wednesday?) but at least the show is acknowledging that his fixation on Ian is nothing more than wanting to get revenge for Dan (and probably at his command.)

Surely if anything Ian had already got revenge for Memphis by beating Dan back in BB14. If Memphis truly wanted to prove anything surely taking the guy who beat Dan to the end and then beating him would be the way to do it.

I know Ian has talked about his autism on the feeds and says he spent so much time in the hammock in BB14 because the motion soothed him, but I don't remember him rocking indoors in the way we saw here. I know the HGs are basically locked down Thu-Sat for the Veto comp being set up, which seems a bit harsh - even if they could just spare them an hour on the Friday between taking the HoH set down before they start putting the Veto set up it would help, or do what they did in Celeb BB and allow them access to a small area just outside the doors.

I think Cody and Memphis have potential to rival the Hitman and Renegades alliance but Cody is playing the close game and being more social and Memphis is keeping the distance with everyone

Back