Skip to main content

BBUS 18, 2016 (non spoiler thread - only episode discussion)

Paulie turned into a real douch bag.Saw on some of the comments that he peed in the pool on live feeds and that him and Z had unprotected sex

what do we think of ANOTHER returning opportunity? i wonder if the first five jury members would have a chance to return if the round trip ticket had been used?

what do we think of ANOTHER returning opportunity? i wonder if the first five jury members would have a chance to return if the round trip ticket had been used?
its' crap...like they are trying to force a certain winner....oooh my winner was evicted,lets give them another go...unfair!!!

its' crap...like they are trying to force a certain winner....oooh my winner was evicted,lets give them another go...unfair!!!
i dont even know if its that, but houseguests wont be brutal in their gameplay if they know there is such a high chance that players will return, making the show boring

Tonight's Big Brother was a county fair..... except it felt sort of cheap. It was really a clip show with two or three games. We now know, kinda, who the Have Nots are this week.

Tonight's Big Brother was a county fair..... except it felt sort of cheap. It was really a clip show with two or three games. We now know, kinda, who the Have Nots are this week.
It was also recorded on Monday when Paulie was still in the house (he even won one of the games), yet they edited him out completely rather than being honest about it. Really don't get the point of getting that Ziggy Marley fella in and just screening one song too.

The Black Box HoH challenge looks quite cool though.

They've done Veto comps and Battle of the Block in a much smaller version before, but this seems to have been supersized. Ultimately though it's just a simple collect tokens from a pit comp - would have been cheaper just to blindfold the HMs, but nowhere near as much fun.

... who are barely a factor in the show - one just does a quick intro and outro and "Big Brother" is rarely heard on the broadcast show - it's only in recent years they've included them, and even then it's in a couple of episodes a season. They used to block it out all the time on the live feeds too though not sure they still do.

Most interesting thing of the season. The best thing though is this quote Julie has given to EW - love it when she breaks away from the Chenbot mode and says what she really thinks.
"If the drama in the house is game-related, then it should stay in the house — for example, if you double-crossed someone to get further in the game. But if you are mistreating people because you are just an all-around disrespectful jerk (and I’m not saying that’s who Paulie is), then you should be held accountable."
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/2...e?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Its seems being a "smart bulb on the tree",
is often much more an obstacle to winning bbus than being stupid / dumbing down.
its like: "youre smart? ok target on your back".

Is being smart advantageous in any version of Big Brother? I think it worked for Tim (in his season, not so much on BBCAN).

Corey just isn't seen as a threat at all - even Nikki in BB Canada played more of a game than he is.

Dan and Derrick can probably be classed as smart, and Will too. I would say Derrick is the smartest of the three - IMO he played the game whilst the others played the houseguests (which arguably is playing the game).

P.S. An interesting interview with the man behind the comps on BBUSA:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brothe...ive-producer-heath-luman/?ftag=EOS-05-10aaa0f

Last edited:
Gave up on this, didn't really like those left. And on feeds I always think people pick stuff that sides with who they like and ignore other stuff.

The show is a mess in general now though, trying to mix public votes and HM decided evictions. I just don't have faith they can get casting right anymore in any case.

I do think it was a mistake extending the series by 2-3 weeks a couple of years back - does make it drag a bit towards the end. I'm still watching though and will stick with it this time - gave up much earlier last year.

Back