Skip to main content

BBUS 18, 2016 (non spoiler thread - only episode discussion)

the first 5 evicted have a chance to get back in the house?
tumblr_mm4t9crJa91qbkh27o6_250_zps7b069982.gif

Was obvious but at least it's a deviation from the first four jurors (which they've done for each of the last three seasons), and it's also being done in a slightly different way with the Battleback twist.

A shame though that CBS are holding all the Battleback comps back until a special episode on July 22nd rather than airing them weekly.

Was obvious but at least it's a deviation from the first four jurors (which they've done for each of the last three seasons), and it's also being done in a slightly different way with the Battleback twist.

A shame though that CBS are holding all the Battleback comps back until a special episode on July 22nd rather than airing them weekly.

Refreshing to see them break from form though and adding in an additional episode...

I guess they have created a new job - reality TV star - and so need to make the shows to put them on. What else could Ryan or Jozea possibly do?

Ryan has been on X-Factor a couple of times making a fool of himself. He's a z-lister.

There was way too much on Jozea, it's like the BBUK focus on the one to be evicted at the end of the week. Though Paulie is probably a much bigger threat to win in the long run.

I was happy when the have/havenot competition was dropped a while back, because it never seemed that important in the context of things. Three up sounds interesting but I've a feeling they are so used to a face off between two people that it may end up making not as much difference as it might. And having something anonymous is good in creating paranoia but doesn't provide the gameplay consequences.

And with the latest episode, yet more James segments. Even a boring Corey segment. I wonder how much I'll last with this season.

The teams thing is there for the vets. They can just cut the throat of their own team without consequences for themselves, as James did. Not that surprising he isn't liked by the newbies not on the vets side.

The Road Kill is pretty pointless in this situation. For all the storyline of how Victor was supposedly stupid revealing it, all that actually matters to him (or Paul) is winning the Veto. The Road Kill is actually irrelevant because with a big alliance nobody wants to talk game anyway. So the DR scripts of 'if it's a backdoor I have to win Roadkill' were bullshit. Also there was some remark about Roadkill controlling who gets replaced in the Veto, but I thought that was only if the Roadkill nomination was taken off.

Nothing on Tiffany being generally not liked which I've heard even in her own alliance, and that was a reason to pick her as much as anything.

If I'd been Victor, I think going after Nicole or Day could have... had some effect. As it stands, he's toast. If a vet is up there is a conversation to be had amungst the newbies ... Should we take this shot? Also, for the guys, they really don't want another dude going home. Clearly casting want a girl to win this season, but the fellas shouldn't just March along to their beat.

The other option, which I've seen online, is that Victor puts himself up, and then he has a shot at playing for the veto, which he otherwise wouldn't get in a backdoor situation.

It still ends up coming down to him winning the veto, being definitely picked makes some sense, but it also makes you look stupid if you go home. Anybody who does that can imagine the storyline if they don't don't win the Veto, they will be made out to be Lawon mark 2.

I don't think going after a vet would help because they are in a big alliance and early on people don't normally rock the boat in that situation. The storyline annoys me really, as if Frank and some others are great masterminds but it's pretty easy if you're in a large group at the start.

It still ends up coming down to him winning the veto, being definitely picked makes some sense, but it also makes you look stupid if you go home. Anybody who does that can imagine the storyline if they don't don't win the Veto, they will be made out to be Lawon mark 2.

I don't think going after a vet would help because they are in a big alliance and early on people don't normally rock the boat in that situation. The storyline annoys me really, as if Frank and some others are great masterminds but it's pretty easy if you're in a large group at the start.
Especially this year. Roadkill really, really favours the majority alliance. Just say Bronte or Victor won head of house. They put up two of the 9 pack. The majority then have a 7 to 4 shot at the roadkill, plus more chances to win the veto. It is extremely hard for the plucky underdogs to get back in the game this year. Except next Friday.

Poor old Glenn. Evicted because of losing 3 comps, spends 6 weeks in a hotel, including 5 with Jozea, then next Friday will lose in a comp to someone half his GE and go home a joke. Poor bugger.

Hate how they still have the "teams" shoting their names in the diary room in the opening recap when the teams only seem to be relevent for the 5 minutes a week a HoH comp takes place. Hasn't really affected the game at all other than the HoH's teammates not being eligible for eviction.

Anyway bringing things up to date Victor unsurprisingly got evicted and Bridgette won HoH, meaning Category 4 are rewarded for having the only half decent name by having immunity for a second week.

I wish Paul had won HoH it would have been nice going from the bottom to the top. And I thought Victor was right that it didn't matter if he had not revealed he was the Roadkill winner as he was the main target anyway. The edit has shown that Tiffany is relatively unpopular which is good, and so makes more sense of Victor putting her up. There's already some intimations that Frank isn't wholly popular too, though because of the teams he is immune this week anyway (even from Roadkill).

The teams have had an impact with immunity but also with James throwing the competition so his team could go up the other week. The twist was put into the show to protect the vets, but I'd rather people could play an individual game rather than be dependant on others in competitions.

It's still not really taken off, another vote where nearly all the house would have known what the result was going to be.

With Battle Back Tiffany coming straight back would be funny and stir things. Bronte may be able to get back with her friends. Not sure if Victor and Jozea will find it easy at all. If Glenn came back at least he could say he was never voted out I suppose.

Happy the team twist is over but gutted they've pulled the plug on Roadkill - that was the main thing this series had going for it IMO. I'd love for them to rework it as a twist to the Veto - have all the HGs playing with nobody finding out the winner.

How whiny and high school is Bridgette
"Why don't you like meeeeee?" "Fwank is my bestest fwend"
Ugh.

Frank going could be the best thing to happen to Bridgette. She'll have no obvious friends on the jury, has one relatively secret ally in the house and is someone who'd be wise to take to the end in the hope of beating.

Frank going could be the best thing to happen to Bridgette. She'll have no obvious friends on the jury, has one relatively secret ally in the house and is someone who'd be wise to take to the end in the hope of beating.

That's assuming they are wise. More likely in this game the one at the bottom is the next target so 'the house is happy'.

They even manage to make the twist boring lol. Quite apart from the fact that everyone goes there they only have to see the letters on the plane anyway.

Can't wait for Survivor to start for some real gameplay, where people don't worry about what the house thinks.

The execution of the reveal was pretty poor - should have done it after the interview (but before goodbyes) rather than awkwardly at the beginning. So glad Frank didn't get it.

Also huge respect to producers for putting details of the five prizes on offer over the next few weeks via the Care Package vote online. They are:
Week 1: Never Not Pass
Week 2: Void 2 eviction votes
Week 3: Safety - complete with a safety suit which must be worn
Week 4: Co-HoH - will share reign with HoH and choose one nominee
Week 5: Bribe - BB will give them $5k to bribe other HMs

Oh. I am glad Frank went... and whilst I secretly suspected producers were going to keep him in with the ticket I am SO pleased he didn't.
That said it is a pretty tedious season. And I'm not enamored with Celeb BB either.
Is my love of BB waning?

The Care Package twist is the next thing to try and mix it up, maybe it might be more interesting. It just shows though that a public vote aspect has been getting integrated into the US version, not in a regular way at this point but having HMs control everything just isn't Big Brother.

I know when there is manipulation people think that it is there to favour someone, but I think most of the audience want to see things that even the house out rather than some just floating by.

Back