Skip to main content

BBUS 18, 2016 (non spoiler thread - only episode discussion)

starry

No discussion of feeds, leaks.

Just for discussing the episodes for those of us who follow them alone (probably most, even more so with the harder access to feeds outside the US).

No discussion of feeds, leaks.

Just for discussing the episodes for those of us who follow them alone (probably most, even more so with the harder access to feeds outside the US).

Given the way people watch on the forums there isn't really a need for two separate or a non-spoiler thread is there?

I don't watch the feeds, you'll have no problems from me.

This almost reads like the Coaches season (BB14, I believe), except.... eh..... I'm not really sure I'm liking the whole team bit. I think Glenn (the dog groomer) will be the first to go, but I wanted Bearded Paul or Mama Dav to go first.

Thoughts on opening

Hope Tiffany stays, I'm hopeful she's more likeable than Vanessa (who wasn't a great gameplayer, I'm really sick of hearing that from everyone at this show).

Tiffany sounds and has all the mannerisms of Vanessa in the DR, but not that much outside of the DR. I think she could have just had a standoff with Michelle in saying that she was like a relative too. As it is she's put herself at risk, hopefully Tiffany stays and Michelle goes soon so that Tiff can play her own game.

It's strange if they really do pick the HoH from the losing team, I suppose that's one way not to put a target on the first HoH winner.

Da'Vonne entertaining as usual. Frank and James anonymous as usual.

'Bronte think bronosaurus' What? Think Emily surely, that would be her nickname if anyone had brains there.

Even the host saying there will be showmances before they go in, sounds like they scripted it into the show.

As usual on the US show if there's a surprise you can be sure it will be spelled out to the HGs carefully beforehand to make sure they are absolutely not surprised. And so the extra 4 HMs twist was revealed by the host, not only that they all emerged from the same spot.

I don't really like the immunity from two evictions, that seems a bit much.

There's apparently already leaks on something about the final competition, please keep it to the other thread.

Mama Day is back and I'm so happy about it!

Yeh she's always entertaining. James and Frank on the other hand are boring as America's favourite award winners often are. That's exactly why I don't think we'd want a public vote version in the US.

Given the way people watch on the forums there isn't really a need for two separate or a non-spoiler thread is there?

Well this came up last time, and some just didn't feel they should have to click on spoiler tags or use spoiler tags. And no not everyone wants to know exactly what happens in advance. There should always be an option for people anyway.

I don't watch the feeds, you'll have no problems from me.

This almost reads like the Coaches season (BB14, I believe), except.... eh..... I'm not really sure I'm liking the whole team bit. I think Glenn (the dog groomer) will be the first to go, but I wanted Bearded Paul or Mama Dav to go first.

I'd rather a boring one went first really. So the guy who's the young athletic one on that team will hopefully go, I don't even know his name which tells you everything. Probably just put in for a showmance.

Well this came up last time, and some just didn't feel they should have to click on spoiler tags or use spoiler tags. And no not everyone wants to know exactly what happens in advance. There should always be an option for people anyway.

Then don't read the thread if you want to be spoiler free... It's that simple...

Btw the rule regarding spoiler tags is that the FIRST initial mention of the spoiler is posted using the spoiler tag... Further discussion of information below an already tagged spoiler will continue as if the information is now common knowledge and use of a tag is not permitted...

This is the way things have ALWAYS worked on the forums and the way spoilers will continue to be posted...

As for "spoiler free" threads I was deceived several years ago that a single discussion thread was all that was required due to how few members were actually watching and posting on a regular basis...

Events from the live feeds are discussed openly around the Internet and spoilers are completely unavoidable... If a member chooses to stay spoiler free it is not the responsibility of the other members of the forums to ensure that happens...

Although I'm with Kingston on that discussing Big Brother means discussing the events as they happen, rather than as they're broadcast, I do think given the discussions here towards the end of the season of BB Canada it's definately worth trialing the two threads, especially as there has been a bit more interest in the International forum here over the last couple of years. I've set up another thread for the live feeds, which begin after the next episode.

As for the premiere - so unwhelming and felt like we'd seen it all before. I'm sure they've had three twists to reveal in the premiere of the last couple of seasons and these were equally underwhelming. There is no point in bringing back former houseguests when they're largely forgetable - I like Nicole but there are a handful of people from BB16 I'd pick before her. Frank has always been Grodners crush and that ruined BB14, and looks like it'll now ruin BB18, whilst an early boot and likeable but ultimately rather dull HM from last season, a season many people gave up on, just isn't selling the new season. On the positive side though the newbies seem like quite a good cast, certainly better than last year on first impressions.

On the production side I thought the studio sections were very poor - it all felt very false and that set is in desperate need of an update. Even if they just relit it each season it would be fresher - all they've done is replace a single door with a very simlar looking double door. The competitions were rather underwhelming too - the shows strength is in strategy, not out and out competition, so having the opening night comps structured in a way that allowed no strategy just wasn't very watchable.

Last edited:
And it was my impression that the "Hit the Road" competition would conclude last night. However, with all the padding and the commercials.... it was not meant to be.

Mama Dav and Bearded Paul annoy me. Mama is always saying how pissed she is, she's just pissy.

I was thinking of Charlotte Bronte myself.

I was surprised there was as much of the Hit the Road task as there was, I thought they'd leave it on some stupid cliffhanger. Apparently they did cliffhangers in the advert breaks but I missed that annoyance as I saw it ad free later on off a download.

I'm hoping they're saving some of the better HMs that didn't make this for an Allstars edition.

Yes I was meaning Corey, those kind of HMs always bore me. Ideally a mental challenge would remove him, a physical one would probably mean Glenn would go. Glenn brings some more variety to the house though.

Not tired of Da'Vonne so far, that could change but she gives the season a lively start.

I'm not that keen on early evictions. If they do it though at least doing it through competitions makes more sense to me, as they haven't had that long with each other to really strategize and get to know each other.

Although I'm with Kingston on that discussing Big Brother means discussing the events as they happen, rather than as they're broadcast, I do think given the discussions here towards the end of the season of BB Canada it's definately worth trialing the two threads, especially as there has been a bit more interest in the International forum here over the last couple of years. I've set up another thread for the live feeds, which begin after the next episode.

BBUS is not BBCAN... No need for two different threads to discuss the same topic... The forum and discussions shouldn't be stifled because @starry is a whiny brat...

Why post in a thread you aren't interested in? Just discuss the show in the live feed thread if that's what you prefer.

No BBUSA for me this year... I got up to the point where Julie revealed the game would be played in teams and decided that I'm just not feeling it this year and bailed. The returning HG's, apart from James, were kinda lackluster choices too.

Oh well.

I was surprised there was as much of the Hit the Road task as there was, I thought they'd leave it on some stupid cliffhanger. Apparently they did cliffhangers in the advert breaks but I missed that annoyance as I saw it ad free later on off a download.

I'm hoping they're saving some of the better HMs that didn't make this for an Allstars edition.

Yes I was meaning Corey, those kind of HMs always bore me. Ideally a mental challenge would remove him, a physical one would probably mean Glenn would go. Glenn brings some more variety to the house though.

Not tired of Da'Vonne so far, that could change but she gives the season a lively start.

I'm not that keen on early evictions. If they do it though at least doing it through competitions makes more sense to me, as they haven't had that long with each other to really strategize and get to know each other.
Hello You!

Can you please pm me the link to watch? Preferably a YOUTUBE link due to me being a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to downloading :)

Why post in a thread you aren't interested in? Just discuss the show in the live feed thread if that's what you prefer.

Why would you expect people watching a live show not to discuss events as they happen? If you don't want to be spoiled don't read the god damn forum until after you've watched the episode!! It's not our fault you can't wrap your pea sized brain around that fact and the forum doesn't need to suffer because of it... Just like Estelle you're a self centered whiny brat... We've been operating this way for YEARS and it seems to have worked fine until you came along...

Last edited:
Hello You!

Can you please pm me the link to watch? Preferably a YOUTUBE link due to me being a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to downloading :)

BBUS is next to impossible to watch via YouTube... I haven't been able to find a source for years...

All right, play nice, everyone.

Go to CBS.com tomorrow morning, the episode should be up then.

As for this episode...... a good part of it was interrupted by the satellite going out in the rain. I knew Glenn would be the first to go, and it's kind of sad because all he got was a hashtag. A lot of these newbs are idiots because they can't keep their mouth shut in front of the vets. I don't like the newbies vs. vets angle, but I'm sure it'll change quickly. Still cheering for James and Frank, and I'll add Tiffany and Bronte to that. Looking forward to the new competition on Sunday.

Back