Skip to main content

BBUK 2016 - Series discussion

Spoiler considering I'm talking about housemates popularity.

So we've got Andy, Alex, Lateysha and Laura up for eviction. Lateysha and Alex are the most popular according to TellyMix (can't speak for all, only commonly), so if the public are FAKE evicting them to enter the other house, what would be the likely outcome? Laura and Lateysha, Lateysha and Alex, Alex and Laura, Andy and Lateysha, Andy and Laura or Andy and Alex? First impressions aren't always correct, so I'm going to be patient and observe the housemates first, because obviously popularity can change in an instant. Boos turn to cheers, cheers turn to boos.

The incendiarism is too strong in the Other House, it is a situation of 'all bark no bite'. They're all competing for the limelight (except Andrew and Jayne, they seem somewhat sane). I understand Andrew's idea in wanting to win the task, hell, it's the Big Brother house, a one time experience. Maybe I'm just not used to strategic characters like him as I'm an avid BBUK/AU fan. Gameplay isn't my cup of tea, I prefer entertainment though the fact that there's somebody "level headed" (quotation marks because not sure if it's a gimmick) is refreshing considering the other nutcases can be draining. In saying that, it IS early days and from experience I do normally gravitate to the misfit cenacle.

Something about that guy with the blazer reminds me of Pete Bennett (BBUK7)... Different but similar in a way.

I don't understand the Andrew hate, unless people are also taking into account his rants on Twitter from before he entered the house. I think he's going to be an interesting one to watch, mainly because he is being so openly strategic - which is something you don't see often in the non-BBUSA world.

While the other Others may dislike him, they're listening to him. During the Launch target selection process, Ryan was the one that blurted out to target 'sexy' - but it was Andrew that justified it and convinced the rest of the group why it was a good choice. Same goes for targeting Alex, collectively they were going to pick Georgina before he started to talk.

Should he actually make it into the house, my opinion may change as he could turn out to be a complete bore. But as it stands, him being an Other definitely makes for interesting viewing.

Um what? The only torrent out there is from the low quality SD feed...
LOL...this torrent ive got is the best quality ive seen

There has been far too much focus on the Jason and Charlie thing. I don't really care how Charlie feels to be honest. It is just contrived drama... Ryan is one of the worst housemates I've ever witnessed. Just way too over the top and way too much of a try hard and just not funny in any way, shape or form. I enjoy watching Andrew so it is a big shame that his racist and homophobic tweets from 4 years ago have surfaced. Makes me dislike him despite the fact I'm enjoying watching him within the house. Hughie I didn't expect to like but I sort of am. He's growing on me. Natalie has a holier than thou attitude and a sense of superiority. I find her annoying as a result but I think that is because she is in the smaller group with the "others". Chuck her in the main house and I think she'd be a good character. Jayne is quiet but just seems like a really nice lady. Would get lost within the main house and wouldn't get any screen time. Nice lady but won't make for a very entertaining housemate in my opinion.

That covers the "others" group. I don't think I can comment on any of the main housemates yet because I haven't seen enough of them but early impressions are that they seem like a fairly annoying/bland group. I can't stand the twins(Because all they do is squeal) or Laura or Marco. I was hoping Chelsea and Jackson would be good characters but so far Chelsea is boring and all Jackson talks about it sex.

I still see potential in Chelsea and Jackson though and I see huge potential in Evelyn and Lateysha. Andy, Sam and Georgina are wildcards and Jason is as well in many respects but early impressions aren't great(Once again just seems sort of bland but so do Andy and Georgina). Alex is in there solely because of his looks. He is as bland as a white wall.

At this stage I hate to say it but the majority of the main housemates seem bland and boring and heaven forbid we might actually need Ryan to serve a purpose. Chuck him in the main house and it'll be like throwing a cat amongst the pigeons. I find them irritating but at least Ryan and Natalie have a personality as the same cannot be said for 80% of this group but it is early days I'll give them time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the produces panic and chuck in 3 fiery/loud/over the top intruders at some stage if some of these housemates pan out the way I expect them to pan out(Vanilla characters with very little substance/entertainment value.

OK. My initial take after binge-ing episodes 1 to 3.

Obviously I like Andy. We're supposed to. I guess he wins.

I like Andrew, but he thinks he's on Survivor. Hughie seems cool too. Andy's only competition.

I don't mind Sam, Jackson, Jason. I have nothing against Georgina or Chelsea, but Chelsea gives me the vibe of those old black cbb housemates who check out mentally quite early.

Laura is doing stuff. Nice blonde other is nice. Puffy blonde other with ex bf is terrible. If I were paying for sexy dancing, seeing her would make me reassess my choices. Maybe she will be on a journey of self discovery, though.

Marco is a show pony spoilt child. Believes that because Laura didn't explicitly tell him to stop when he ran his hands all over her, which she subsequently said made her uncomfortable despite her attraction, she lead him on.

Alex is forgettable, so on vote to evict should go far. Evelyn might improve. Bambi and Thumper will wear me out. I hate Ryan. I hate him. Shout at the TV hate him. I fully believe Sam's story, and hope he publically humiliates this moron. He is like that eyebrow idiot, but with just enough self awareness to feel shame.

Ryan and Andrew going into the Main House is like '4 in 4 out' all over again. We've got Andrew telling the housemates that some people are snakes just like Marc did last year. We've got the Ryan/Sam/Chelsea fight just like the Marc/Jade/Chloe/Danny fight and then we've got all the originals banding together at the bottom of the stairs again.

Andrew and Ryan couldn't even last 30 seconds without spilling out their mission. Ryan shouts at whathisface and Andrew tells them they're all snakes and how he has been watching them. Congratulations Big Brother.

Reactions: koo
Andrew and Ryan couldn't even last 30 seconds without spilling out their mission. Ryan shouts at whathisface and Andrew tells them they're all snakes and how he has been watching them. Congratulations Big Brother.
pretty sure andrew realised there was no chance of them hiding it...
when alex and jackson left no one believed it and marco said "youre going next door"
then when ryan came in and was shocked to see sam, sam said "why are you acting?"

Reactions: koo
Dammit. Just got home and was just about to watch the episode and I let my curiosity get the better of me and I peeked at this thread and now know the outcome. :(

pretty sure andrew realised there was no chance of them hiding it...
when alex and jackson left no one believed it and marco said "youre going next door"
then when ryan came in and was shocked to see sam, sam said "why are you acting?"

And the fact that even before that, Natalie and Ryan were arguing so loud that the main house could hear.
Typical Big Brother. Emma should have told the audience to make a reasonable applause to each housemate, or at least booed/cheered all of them. But either way, housemates knew Jackson and Alex would be popular so there was no point. The Others should have chosen a more strategic move. It's so bad that it's infamously laughable.

• So... what the hell was up with Natalie going off about racism? Her outburst came out of nowhere and made no sense. Oh well, she's only gone and fucked herself as far as getting into the house goes.
  • Oh live TV is awesome. The house are fully aware about the Other House, despite everyone trying (unsuccessfully) to convince us they had no idea.
  • When the next vote to move takes place, it's almost guaranteed that at least, if not both, Alex and Jackson will re-enter the house.
  • lol @ Ryan getting confused about which set of stairs to go up just before entering the house, when they connect and meet at the same place.
  • And it's hilarious that Andrew was the one to fail the secret mission almost instantly, when I bet everyone thought Ryan would be the weak link.
Poor execution has burned the entire Other concept to the ground in just four days. It could have been interesting, if handled properly. Oh well.

Last edited:
And I almost forgot, what was with Victoria's breakdown about not coping about being in a house with frozen meat and no plants? Lateysha's serious comment that went "Oh, we will all just stop eating meat then" was just as fucked up - it's an example of how much they all want to get up each other's asses to make themselves feel safer that they'll agree to do ridiculous shit to please someone else.

And finally, let's all bask in a recent revelation that most of the HM's already knew each other before even entering lockdown. http://instagram.com/p/BDuWTb0OL2c Marco and Laura definitely know each other...

Last edited:
Back