Skip to main content

BBUK 2016 - Series discussion

Hmmmm. The quality on the only YouTube uploads so far is pants... I'll see if I can get something in place to share the higher quality streams I've got access to for the people here. Example

Wow. The first two episodes were painfully boring. Safe to say I will not be watching anymore this season.

The HM's are awful... so cringeworthy. There is only so much Emma I can handle... she is easily one of the most annoying and incompetent BB hosts I've ever had the displeasure of watching (worse than Sonia and Kyle imo). I do admit that the new outdoor set is REALLY cool though (probably one of the best outdoor stage designs I've seen), but the house itself is a complete mess. And the Others twist is absolutely lackluster... way too over complicated and totally contrived. Yawn.

The only reason I'd consider watching is for Andy. (Andy FTW!)

Marco saying his fiancee gave him a "hall pass" for BB. What a wanker. His fiancee is an idiot. Sorry to be so blunt but seriously what an actual joke! Just goes to show what he thinks of his fiancée if he is happy to accept a hall pass and try to sleep with whichever girl he considers the hottest within the house.

You always know it's going to be a good episode when you see this:
SYwzdoj.jpg

So.... I know it isn't fair that I'm currently rewatching BBUK6 at the moment AND BBUK17. But, oh well.

The launch was a bore, the VT's yet again were climactic but really I'm certain most of them will not fulfil those standards. Emma, you look great but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE maintain that voice. My ears are bleeding. My first impressions are freakingly similar to Mercy's, though I already hate Andrew (like somebody said) and I'm alright with Lateysha for the moment. Dislike Marco. I don't Laura, though I'm sure hoping her VT was an overreaction. Andy is the only "sane" one there I believe. Alex is another booooooooore (seriously though why do these people obsess over fake tans?) The twins are in your face though they seem bubbly and nice, hopefully not a too "annoying" type. Jackson, I believe is very smart with he's choices, he's starting a bromance and an unlikely returned love (doesn't that remind you of Tim BBAU5?) but with Georgina. Georgina is fine, though I don't know how that posh thing is going to go. Evelyn is also alright, again first and second night. It's nice that she's a fellow Australian though. Jason is pretty cool so far. Sam, basically the same opinions as Jackson minus Georgina, though he's different to his VT (a good thing). Chelsea, completely forgot about him. "Lego hair" is a true representation haha, but he is fine for now, boring but fine.

Out of the others Charlie, Ryan and Andrew are annoying me the most. Ryan AKA fish lips is the most attention seeking, narcissistic twat in the show. Charlie is all crocodile tears, all fake. She admits she treated Jason bad in her previous relationship THEN expects sympathy? Then 'those" muppets follow her. Yes Ryan, you. Then there is something about Andrew I despise, I don't know what it is. He's eyes just bug me. He's extremely sly. Yeah, Hughie and Jayne seem alright, I reckon their personalities will spark more if they were in the main house, same with Natalie. Unlikely for Jayne though, I don't think I've heard her talk yet.

Last edited:
The twins are in your face though they seem bubbly and nice, hopefully not a too "annoying" type

You seem to be forgetting the moment when they found the storeroom for the first time and they opened the freezer and one of them excitedly screamed "ICE!!!" and then they both started jumping up and down.

So.... I know it isn't fair that I'm currently rewatching BBUK6 at the moment AND BBUK17. But, oh well.
That's going to be such a contrast between a quality production (BB6 rates as my personal fave!) and the trash served up today.

Marco saying his fiancee gave him a "hall pass" for BB. What a wanker. His fiancee is an idiot. Sorry to be so blunt but seriously what an actual joke! Just goes to show what he thinks of his fiancée if he is happy to accept a hall pass and try to sleep with whichever girl he considers the hottest within the house.

...that is such a wank I agree... a friggin' 'hallpass' my arse!... I can't imagine any woman ever 'agreeing' to something like that... it's ridiculous... I'm sure that he's just saying that to invoke reactions throughout the house and to maximise his airtime and most importantly to show what a 'cool dude' he is... it looks to me like he's trying to become another Russell Brandt type of character to be honest... perhaps his dad should've tanned his hide with a wooden ladle from his kitchen a few times as he was passing through the kitchen... that all being said... I like him a lot more than some other nuff nuffs in there so yeah!... cheers.

...that is such a wank I agree... a friggin' 'hallpass' my arse!... I can't imagine any woman ever 'agreeing' to something like that... it's ridiculous... I'm sure that he's just saying that to invoke reactions throughout the house and to maximise his airtime and most importantly to show what a 'cool dude' he is... it looks to me like he's trying to become another Russell Brandt type of character to be honest... perhaps his dad should've tanned his hide with a wooden ladle from his kitchen a few times as he was passing through the kitchen... that all being said... I like him a lot more than some other nuff nuffs in there so yeah!... cheers.
You should wait until you watch the latest episode... He got pulled up for being overly handsy with Laura after she says in a conversation with Andy that it was making her a little uncomfortable, and when he's in the diary room being spoken to you can tell he gives zero fucks.

You should wait until you watch the latest episode... He got pulled up for being overly handsy with Laura after she says in a conversation with Andy that it was making her a little uncomfortable, and when he's in the diary room being spoken to you can tell he gives zero fucks.

...does he really?... I'll get to see that later this morning probably... as I say... I think that he's trying to be irreverent like Russell Brandt but I don't believe that he's half as intelligent as Russell is to be able to pull it off to be honest Rison... by the way... hi!... long time no see... cheers.

Ryan's projectile vomiting accurately describes my reaction to a lot of the opinions in this thread :rolleyes:

Charlie's emotional rollercoaster after the reveal of Sam was INCREDIBLE and I cannot wait for more of it. I also love Natalie taking a grand total of ZERO of Andrew's shit; and Jayne being so nonchalant about Chelsea being in the house was lol.

Pretty much all Outsider women + Hughie FTW and Andrew, Ryan, Jackson and Marco to foadiaf <3

Seriously...do people not know what torrents are!?!?!?! I just watched the launch in the best quality file ive seen.
Are they using different types of cameras this year?
the quality is fracking awesome

To me these aren't really celebs, but then CBB feels like that too most of the time now. Big strange characters are nothing new to BB, it started from the 5th series really. The problem is when they just cast based on looks, and I would prefer more from the auditions as those people want to be on the program the most, some of those headhunted can just see it as a stepping stone in their z list career.

I think Jason and Victor were probably the first weird ones to go in that year!

Okay, first opinions on people

Emma and Victoria
They seem really fun and happy. I think I'm going to enjoy watching them but hopefully their happy - go lucky natures won't grind my gears. They don't seem too annoying though
Evelyn
Wow an aussie! Cool! Doesn't make me like her any more because she's a bogan but I think she'll be popular

hmm those girls in those jump suits with their G Bangers...growl

As for our fellow Aussie....Man, she is ok i guess...but Tim would have been better. I think the last Aussie on there was John James wasnt it?!!?

Meh... Nothing special...
Just like you

Marco total and complete wanker. Over him already.

Except for Andrew I quite like the outsiders. That Hughie seems a good fella and I fear Ryan might get a bit annoying.

I see the show is copping a bit of criticism for the choice of housemates. I agree with this but I think when it settles down a bit and we get rid of some of the rubbish fame whores in there it might settle down to be a pretty good series. Potentially I think some of these characters could provide some good viewing. I'm excited about the possibility of ready made conflict from the three couples that know each other.

I don't understand the Andrew hate, unless people are also taking into account his rants on Twitter from before he entered the house. I think he's going to be an interesting one to watch, mainly because he is being so openly strategic - which is something you don't see often in the non-BBUSA world.

While the other Others may dislike him, they're listening to him. During the Launch target selection process, Ryan was the one that blurted out to target 'sexy' - but it was Andrew that justified it and convinced the rest of the group why it was a good choice. Same goes for targeting Alex, collectively they were going to pick Georgina before he started to talk.

Should he actually make it into the house, my opinion may change as he could turn out to be a complete bore. But as it stands, him being an Other definitely makes for interesting viewing.

Seriously...do people not know what torrents are!?!?!?! I just watched the launch in the best quality file ive seen.
Are they using different types of cameras this year?
the quality is fracking awesome
Um what? The only torrent out there is from the low quality SD feed...

Um what? The only torrent out there is from the low quality SD feed...
Just realised that a 720p file was finally released... Like 36 hours after the episode aired. :/

Also, self-quote!

unless people are also taking into account his rants on Twitter from before he entered the house.

this & his smarmy, holier-than-thou demeanour to the other Others (yay for redundant alliteration)

Back