Skip to main content

BBBA 2014 Appreciation Thread (+ Credits)

Happy Birthday @the Theorist.

Great post.

There are so many people I would acknowledge but I don't want to leave anyone out, but suffice to say that everyone downstairs in the OT thread and everyone upstairs who continued posting in the Post BB Housemate Antics during the off season are really what made this forum and I have enjoyed you all.

I know lots will drop off tomorrow and that's fine, but I hope the regulars stick around and continue to entertain me.

x

tumblr_lwn24l4T7J1qaemqho1_500.gif

Thanks @the Theorist , think you summed up this place very nicely. Happy Birthday too :)

Happy Birthday my little buddy!! @the Theorist
Great post mate. You have got me feeling all nostalgic already.

We are so OPPOSITE and yet in so many ways THE SAME!!

Thanks for this lovely thread, I appreciate you and I appreciate all the crazy and sane posters in this place. It won't be the same if the show really is cancelled - but I'm still (predictably) staying optimistic!!!

I'll come back and post individual thanks later!

Beautifuly said, Theo, and happy birthday.

I've been mostly a lurker the two years before this season, and I'm really glad I started posting a lot more. I never thought I'd get along with a group of strangers in an online forum, but ya'll have stolen my heart.

Everyone who contributes to the Daily Show threads are hilarious, the OT thread is now my new home away from home, and the Priya Appreciation Thread has some of the best people on earth hanging around it (and occasionally some of the worst).

Hopefully we're all brought back together by Big Brother in some capacity in the future, but either way I'll still be hanging around this place.

I'll be like the dirty old man you see hanging around places like the The Peel on a Saturday night - I don't actually know anyone, I'm mostly just watching, and I've secretly got my pants off.

Had a quick squiz on here. I'm addicted too. Ha! I tried to keep away because I am super busy but thought I would take a 5 minute "Behind Big Brother" break to lurk. :laugh:

Anyway enough about me. Thank you @the Theorist. Like @Sweetgeek said it is an honour to be mentioned by you seeing as you are one of the most dedicated, knowledgeable and biggest fans of Big Brother Australia. I always love reading your posts. I really really love your insight. I don't feel worthy of you. Haha! :p Am I weird?

Also Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a really nice day and GO CRAZY!!!!!!!! Heard you like Zac Efron so...
tumblr_na7gr9G98i1qlnr57o1_250.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @the Theorist!!!!!

I also want to take the opportunity to thank everyone here for making my time here really enjoyable. It's been great getting to know you all and I feel part of something special. :)

I want to mention the following people who I have enjoyed reading their posts and value their friendship: @the Theorist, @iJake, @mutleyp, @Miiiiike, @jessy_girl, @MADONNA, @bleachy_dude, @Trala, @Bratty, @JordanS, @Knock_Loudly, @Consuela, @CaspersMum, @Connoisseur, @Mrs Butterface, @Sweetgeek, @el'coopo, @Kismet, @hooleydooley, @penelopepitstop and @Danny.

I am so sorry if I forgot anyone.

I also want to thank the mods especially @Tim and @marquisite for all their hard work. Without then we wouldn't have this wonderful place.

I will stick around here all year even if it's just to play that damn Count to 10,000 game someone cool created. Haha! :smuggrin:

If you haven't been to the General o/t thread please join in the off season. It's lots of fun and the conversation can go ANYWHERE!

I don't think this will be the last season. It will probably come back to Nine again next year. That's just my feeling at the moment.

As much as I really hate the scheduling, inconsistent editing and lack of content of Big Brother this year I definitely think it has gotten better in the 2nd half of the show. Getting rid of people like Katie, Jake, Lisa, Sam, Sandra, Lawson and Cat has really opened up a nice and interesting dynamic in the house. Also the addition of Penny has been great. Alex should kick himself for not putting her in the house from Day 1. :shifty:

Last edited:
Happy Birthday @the Theorist ! Even though I've only been present on these boards for a short time, I was a lurker for a very long time before I joined (weren't most of us?).
You're one of the integral members of this site and you should be proud that the relationships you've developed with other members are what draws people to actually join and participate. It's confronting to begin posting your opinions as a stranger, when you feel like you already know most of the members here from reading their posts for years. I feel grateful that I was able to slip in here towards the end of the show and still be welcomed and not ignored. I'll be sticking around in the off season because of members like you.
Have an amazing day! :inlove:
P.s I totally voted for you a number of times in the Speccy awards. :kiss:

Happy Birthday @the Theorist ! Even though I've only been present on these boards for a short time, I was a lurker for a very long time before I joined (weren't most of us?).
You're one of the integral members of this site and you should be proud that the relationships you've developed with other members are what draws people to actually join and participate. It's confronting to begin posting your opinions as a stranger, when you feel like you already know most of the members here from reading their posts for years. I feel grateful that I was able to slip in here towards the end of the show and still be welcomed and not ignored. I'll be sticking around in the off season because of members like you.
Have an amazing day! :inlove:
P.s I totally voted for you a number of times in the Speccy awards. :kiss:

Ditto! Beautifully expressed :happy:

This has been yet another excellent season and a whole lot of fun on the forums this year. The BB experience really is heightened by this forum so thanks to all the posters for contributing.

I posted in another thread earlier that I have really disliked the lack of live updates and the inconsistent scheduling but I really have enjoyed the series nevertheless and a big part of the enjoyment comes from this community.

It's been another year of ups and downs on the forum. Cults, trolls and many many laughs. Some deep sharing and some frivolous chats. Zooper Doopers and CommSec guys.

It's the variety and diversity of people and opinions that makes it what it is. I know I am labelled peachy or positive dude on here, but I really am staying optimistic that BB will return - I want it to come back just as much as I want this forum to continue and have the show to chat about. What other show in Australia attracts this level of community and discussion?!?

Ok at the risk of forgetting some names.. Here are my credits in no particular order. Haha.

@Consuela - Seriously one of my favourites on here. An all round champion, good guy. Witty! Funny! Generous and helpful! This year you had less to do with the lack of live feeds. Perhaps that was just BBMumbaiHQ giving you a year off. Let's hope you are SUPER busy next season.

@Inigo Montoya - it's been a joy getting to know you better this year! I love your raw honesty and openness. You are not the red headed stepchild in my opinion! I admire and respect you! Thanks for being you!

@MADONNA - I have previously said that last year you weren't exactly my favourite poster, however upon reviewing some of your ICONIC threads from last year I have come to the conclusion that you are just an acquired taste. I don't always agree but I often laugh.

@Trala - you really are one of a kind. The forum would not be the same without you. You aren't afraid to be you, warts and all, and that is an inspiration. Thanks for being around to remind me to be a decent human being! One of these days I will take you up on the webcam offer. I mean that's the least we could do after being forum-engaged! You are self-confessed preachy and judgemental but I have also appreciated your more tender and vulnerable moments!

@jessy_girl - girl! It's crazy how alike we are. That must make you a pretty awesome person tbh. Haha. Nah in all seriousness, it's been a joy to chat with you in the OT thread this year and I look forward to many more random chats! No sarcasm, you do seem like a genuinely 'ripper chick' ;)

@mutleyp - dude, I am so happy to have gotten to know you a bit this year and so glad you are still around. You are a champion. Again, a refreshingly open and honest person. Thanks for sharing your life with us. I have a lot of respect for you!

@CaspersMum - Magic Zooper Doopers. Oh dear! If not for that you have had a perfect strike rate this season. Your posts are always funny and have provided many smiles and laughs. It's what I like best about this place and you are a major contributor to that, for me. As long as I never pull a 'Caspersmum' then life is good. Xx

@AntiGretel - my crazy little coconut friend. You may have had your thread creating rights cruelly stolen away from you in your prime, however keep doing what you are doing. You've provided many laughs. Thanks mate.

@Miiiiike - last season I used to mix you and @beardymac up in my head all the time. This year definitely not. You are a good guy and you seem to have managed to stay out of crap this year and it has been run to watch you having an enjoyable forum experience and being a good guy to all!

@beardymac - speaking of... I like you Mr Macaroni! You seem like am intelligent young guy and have enjoyed your contributions to the forum this year.

@the Theorist - ok HERE WE GO. as I said earlier, in some ways we are the complete opposite, but in other ways we are alike. We both LOVE Big Brother, we have both been super BB fans from the beginning but we disagree and debate quite vehemently at times. Just know that I still do respect you. Even when I think you are a whingey brat! Haha. You are a good kid and despite our differences, I enjoy our interactions and little ribbing here and there. I would honestly miss you A LOT if BB was truly over forever. So here's to the future seasons of BB and to many more years of disagreeing but still loving each other!!!! Ps thanks for coining the "positive_dude" nick, I have embraced it, even if some use it to dismiss my opinions! Ha.

@marquisite - I don't know how you keep all that stuff in your memory, but you impress me. Thanks for being a fair mod and you really did deserve that upgrade to admin this year. For all your efforts to keep us updated and remind us of the past, I salute you! You are mature beyond your years. I enjoyed our little "forum glitch" chats earlier this season, even when they turned out to be scheduled site maintenance.

@reepbot - I like you. I like your posting style. There's almost a sense of naivety and innocence. You manage not to get riled up even when defending the housemates you love. It seems you are able to do it in a respectful manner. You don't seem to be the favourite of many here - but as I said, I like you!

@Mrs Butterface - if I'm being honest, you frighten me a little bit! Haha. You are a seriously dedicated fan and sometimes I read the interactions and actually feel sorry for the people who go up against you even if I actually agree with what you are saying. Lol! In saying all that, I still respect you and enjoy what it is that you bring to these forums. Any housemate ought to count themself lucky to have you as a fan!

@Sweetgeek - you really are a sweet person! I haven't really had all that much to do with you this year but I have always enjoyed reading your contributions.
@iJake - it's been cool to get to know you this year dude! I can see that you are a talented person with so much potential and it's been fun chatting with you, particularly in OT this year.

@Lucas - hang on, are you watching or not? Lol! You are a good kid Lucas. Likewise, it's been fun chatting this year mate!

This post is starting to get really wordy. There are so many more posters who I have enjoyed interacting with or watching their interactions with others. People like @Nan_Taylor - and her grandson, even if I wanted to give her a good slap on the back with all the hup! -ing all over the place. Lol! @Tin Bum you are a bit of a mystery to me but I like your style. @hafeau - I have agreed with almost everything you posted. @hooleydooley you are an interesting character and I have enjoyed your posts. @buck07 once again bringing the videos and dad jokes.
@delcan love your cat gifs and thoughts. @AM_092 you have brought your obsessions and honesty. @Knock_Loudly Mr Knock Noudly, you bring a certain spark to the chats! @Mr Stickyfingers haven't really had much to do with you this season but have appreciated your photoshops and loved chatting with you about BBUK. @qtkt I have so much respect and admiration for you. Thanks for being like a lovely forum mum. @derspatz like I said previously, I would like to meet you IRL, I bet we'd have a good chinwag and@Connoisseur, oh con con con, sometimes I think I completely get you and your schtick, other times I am left scratching my head. All that being said. I like you, I enjoy watching you do the same thing over and over with different posters each time. It's almost like a sport for me. Keep it up! *insert whistle emoticon* oh and thanks for coining 'peachy' I enjoyed my day here as Princess Peach :)

Of course year is the year that one of the best ever winners of BB and up there in the ranks of best BBAU housemates of ALL time joined the forum. Thanks SO much @Timdormer for registering and coming on to answer our questions and have a chat. It constantly blows me away how often you have been on and how detailed and open your answers and responses have been. I love how you are not just towing the line, but being genuine and AUTHENTIC and being willing to answer almost anything thrown your way. There really has never been a housemate like you and I'm not sure there ever can be. Thanks for bringing so much joy to watch in 2013 and so much fun to read here on the forums in 2014. I look forward to following your career and life. But totally not in a stalkerish kinda way :p - If I ever see you IRL I will try to build up the courage to say G'day! Haha.

@Estelle.Landy - thanks for joining the forums also and bringing us an insiders perspective.

Honourable mentions to @gemma6foot6 and @embee for braving the dark underworld of BB by registering here and facing the criticism.

One more dude who has truly helped us have a 'behind the scenes' view of BB this year has been @Luke Blundell - mate, I am so appreciative of you. I've said over and over, but will say it again. I think you are a terrific interviewer. You have a warm and natural rapport with the evicted housemates which makes for a great interview. Thanks for getting our questions and not being afraid to ask the tricky questions. I really hope there is another season and that you continue to interview evictees. One day you will have your own interview show. I want a backstage job! Lol!

Last but not least @Tim - thanks for putting up with us all and giving us a great community to come and chat about our favourite program. I know at times we annoy you but know that I/We are SO appreciative of you! I gather things have been tough in this last few weeks but I hope things are looking better for you and your family. I take my hat off to you!

I know that there are people who I have missed and for that I am terribly sorry, I may have to do an "update" post before this place quietens in the off season. Why don't we ALL just commit to sticking around and keeping this community alive? Hah. I know it doesn't happen - so I stay positive_dude and remain optimistic for BB season 2015.

Here's to you all!
Cheers :)

Back